Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I thought there was a press conference at 11 am, but i can't find anything about it online.

I listened to it on cjob... nothing really noteworthy (I probably wasn't playing that close attention)... afterwards Geoff Courier was speaking with Knuckles and he had kind of a funny question... I'm paraphrasing here "do you think there's gotta be some kind of catch here. It just seems like we're so used to being let down by this team."

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I listened to it on cjob... nothing really noteworthy (I probably wasn't playing that close attention)... afterwards Geoff Courier was speaking with Knuckles and he had kind of a funny question... I'm paraphrasing here "do you think there's gotta be some kind of catch here. It just seems like we're so used to being let down by this team."

Thanks for this.  I will check the audiovault.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

the offseason moves and this trades really earned Walters his extension.

for Oshea he has to be reach the West Final, i think

Agree on Walters. His hard work and dedication to the way he wanted to build this team is just on the brink of showing. Give him 3 more to see where he can take a team with a good core of Canadians and depth at just about every position.

MO has been on and off the hot seat. I think his in game decisions and ability as a coach has been getting better but the verdict is still out.  A playoff win gets him an extension IMO. Can we give him a 2 year deal? :)

14 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

He just needs to get us more players like Loffler, and less like Richards and Waggonner.

Life of a GM. You're not always going to bat 1.000. That's just the nature of the beast. That said despite the occasional miss I think most of us would agree we are miles ahead today than three years ago in overall Canadian talent, Canadian depth, and overall roster talent and roster depth. That's all you can ask, especially after the dumpster fire Mack left.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Life of a GM. You're not always going to bat 1.000. That's just the nature of the beast. That said despite the occasional miss I think most of us would agree we are miles ahead today than three years ago in overall Canadian talent, Canadian depth, and overall roster talent and roster depth. That's all you can ask, especially after the dumpster fire Mack left.

This is it. Unfortunately you're only as popular as your last F*** up :) There will always be a small handful of fans that understand this! And there is going to be a much larger fan base that just pick on the negatives and don't see his work as a whole.

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

This is it. Unfortunately you're only as popular as your last F*** up :) There will always be a small handful of fans that understand this! And there is going to be a much larger fan base that just pick on the negatives and don't see his work as a whole.

if there are fans who expect perfection from a CFL GM i urge you to please stop watching. Thanks.

Not sure how you can call Richards or Waggoner failures just yet.  Both still in the second year of their careers.  I was early to call Anthony Parker a failure in Calgary but he's been there six years now and having his best season to date.  Not every player is going to be Milt Stegall, but they all have roles to play.  If they are actually dressing and playing, and contributing, how much more do you need?

When Walters took over, here was our Canadian situation

RB/FB: Volny, Fitzgerald, Pontbriand

REC: Foster, Kohlert, Etienne, Poblah, Watson, Carter

OL: Greaves, Kowalczuk, Morley, Pencer, Neufeld, Sorensen, Swiston, Paliwoda

DL: Thomas, Lucas, Boulay

LB: Muamba, Labbe, Dubuisson, Stephan

DB: Muamba, Sherman, West

Fast forward three years:

Literally 3 or 4 legitimate starting caliber players on that list. I can now safely say we probably have about 13 Canadians on our team who, while they may not all be full time starting quality, are good enough that I wouldn't worry if they were atop the depth charts.

Harris, Chungh, Goossen, Kohlert, Feoli-Gudino, Westerman, Shologan, Thomas, Corney, Waggoner, Hurl, Loffler, Jones

There isn't a guy on that list who I'd be worried about if they were starting / had to start in a pinch for us.