Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

14 hours ago, bluto said:

Heath has been a standout. Great find. He will be terrific and I'm glad his play has been of such a level to allow us to address a QB shortage. He's a playmaker, enjoy him.

Having Willy play with Milo/Brady/Ray shepherding him could yield big dividends. Too soon to say he's the Argo's QB of the future, but you couldn't bet against him maturing under Milanovich. 

This is what worries me ,I don't like trading Willy before we saw what he could do in front of a decent oline. I wish him well but hope he doesn't come back to haunt us..

Edited by bb1

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Being in the other division, even in a worst case scenario, he can't haunt us that bad. Ricky Ray and Drew Willy on the same team makes me a much bigger Argos fan, that's for sure. Hope Willy has a killer season next year...5000 yards and 40 TDs in one game against the Riders...

Fixed

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Ambiguos comment from Glenn, but it's easy to interpret as meaning he doesn't like the trade.

Great way to start things off here.

Huh? its pretty easy to interpret that somebody in the Als org lied to him and likely cost him to lose out on quite a bit of money and now he's peeved. Always trying to make something out of nothing eh?

Edited by LimJahey

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Being in the other division, even in a worst case scenario, he can't haunt us that bad. Ricky Ray and Drew Willy on the same team makes me a much bigger Argos fan, that's for sure. Hope Willy has a killer season next year...5000 yards and 40 TDs...

You're not a Bomber fan in my eyes.

I think right now it looks like we fleeced the Argos but I think this will end up being win-win. I think Willy will end up flourishing in Toronto but I don't think it will be fair to look at his future performances and say look at what we lost. Drew Willy in Toronto will be a different - and I think better - QB than Drew Willy here and given that he was almost guaranteed to be gone next year for nothing I think a DB among the league leaders in ints and couple of picks is a remarkable haul. On the flip side, I can see the Argos saying our future starting QB for a couple of picks and an imp DB is a remarkable haul. So, win-win.

1 minute ago, LimJahey said:

Why does it matter if he works out in TO? if he happens to work out there, great for him and their org. He was not working out here and we have chosen our guy. Unless we meet them in the cup or they cross over and beat us in the playoffs i'm fine if he does well there.

That's actually the point I was trying to make, that I don't think this trade should be based on how well he does in Toronto. Guaranteed, though, people will use his future performance to judge this trade.

Very pleased with what Walters has done with this trade.  Got some quality assets for someone who was probably done here.  One can take the view that he made a mistake in signing Willy to his big contract and then corrected the mistake.  I for one am not going to second guess him if he ends up having a good career in TO.  If Willy just needs change of scenery, then so be it.

13 minutes ago, StevetheClub said:

I think right now it looks like we fleeced the Argos but I think this will end up being win-win. I think Willy will end up flourishing in Toronto but I don't think it will be fair to look at his future performances and say look at what we lost. Drew Willy in Toronto will be a different - and I think better - QB than Drew Willy here and given that he was almost guaranteed to be gone next year for nothing I think a DB among the league leaders in ints and couple of picks is a remarkable haul. On the flip side, I can see the Argos saying our future starting QB for a couple of picks and an imp DB is a remarkable haul. So, win-win.

I wish Drew well, but he's got to get cured of the deer in headlights slow reaction time, or defenses are just going to play him the way they have played him all last year and the first few games of this year - blitz and make him either throw it away or take the sack.  Quick-draw McGraw Nichols has been winning because defenses aren't used to a quick release QB for Winnipeg, they haven't had to worry about it in years.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I wish Drew well, but he's got to get cured of the deer in headlights slow reaction time, or defenses are just going to play him the way they have played him all last year and the first few games of this year - blitz and make him either throw it away or take the sack.  Quick-draw McGraw Nichols has been winning because defenses aren't used to a quick release QB for Winnipeg, they haven't had to worry about it in years.

And the Argo O-line is suspect as well, so its deja vue all over again.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Agreed, and I think Milanovich is just the one to cure him.

Just now, StevetheClub said:

Agreed, and I think Milanovich is just the one to cure him.

We shall see. If you assume that the Bomber coaching staff were working hard to salvage their asset, then Willy did not respond, so Willy catching fire in Toronto is not a given. That said, I wish him well, and a change of venue might do the trick,but he will have to show why he deserves the fat contract for next year.

I wish willy the best of luck with the Argos. I hope he does well. He's a good guy... he's a class act and he deserves a chance to turn it around.... I don't know if he will because the argos oline got ray killed so.... I dunno but I wish him well. I'm a fan of his.... I still am. I hope whatever ailed him here... perhaps mentally is fixed in Toronto. I don't think that happens over night tho. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I wish willy the best of luck with the Argos. I hope he does well. He's a good guy... he's a class act and he deserves a chance to turn it around.... I don't know if he will because the argos oline got ray killed so.... I dunno but I wish him well. I'm a fan of his.... I still am. I hope whatever ailed him here... perhaps mentally is fixed in Toronto. I don't think that happens over night tho. 

I think this year is a write-off, but I think he'll be their starter next summer and will look good with a much better team...

14 minutes ago, tracker said:

I would bet that the lie Glenn is referring to has to do with Glenn asking Popp what his future was with the Als,and Popp promising Glenn that Cato was just getting a games' worth of audition for next year. If that was the case, I would be ticked as well.

I agree. Something like that or very similar. Glenn needs to take his issues to Montreal management and deal with it there. Not the right kind of tweet to make at that moment. I hope he tweets something  positive regarding his return to the Blue Bombers.

2 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

I agree. Something like that or very similar. Glenn needs to take his issues to Montreal management and deal with it there. Not the right kind of tweet to make at that moment. I hope he tweets something  positive regarding his return to the Blue Bombers.

or better yet, just closes his Twitter account to avoid this kind of crap if he can't help from making dumb Tweets.

Edited by kelownabomberfan