Banjo Bowl Pre-Game Thread: Depth Chart, etc

Noeller

20 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

What ever happened to Jeff Keeping? I thought he was supposed to be back in the line up by now.

Sounded like he was still limping around a couple weeks ago... wouldn't be surprised to see him on the 6-game for the whole year.  Certainly he will stay there until after 12 games... might only pull him off in the final third if we have an injury.

8 minutes ago, peggars said:

Please for the love of god run the ball at senior mens league DT Henry, 6-9 yards all every play all day

Agreed. The Riders can drop extra bodies back into coverage and make the passing game more difficult, but running right at them will put an end to that real quickly if the Bombers can get good yardage.

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Don't read too much into this. By tomorrow Jones might switch the D for the O in its entirety..... #thatshowjonesrolls

Yeah, there's been at least 4 games now that Jones has made changes to the depth chart after submitting one 24 hours before the game.

Teams need permission for any late changes to the 46 man. Hopefully the next time he asks to make a change the league says no.

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

How come they didn't dress Denmark ahead of Sheppard?

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

How come they didn't dress Denmark ahead of Sheppard?

Bottom line... Sheppard has some size and blocking ability. Denmark started strong but went MIA. Denmark was Also only brought back because of injuries. 

I have faith in our coaching staff, but with that being said, the changes that sparked our turn around were all forced due to injuries(aside from the massive QB change obviously). We still have to see them make the right decisions in terms of who they keep in the lineup, they've definitely gotten better at it this year but it's still a weak point.

I'm very interested in what happens when a guy like Macho says hes good to go.

Just now, Blueandgold said:

I have faith in our coaching staff, but with that being said, the changes that sparked our turn around were all forced due to injuries(aside from the massive QB change obviously). We still have to see them make the right decisions in terms of who they keep in the lineup, they've definitely gotten better at it this year but it's still a weak point.

I'm very interested in what happens when a guy like Macho says hes good to go.

Macho is good to go.

That should tell you everything. :)

Loffler has to play basically.  The 3 import oline basically forces him and they aren't going to change that. Guess they could put macho on the roster at the expense of an extra import backup somewhere but he won't slash can't be starting unless they start a Canadian elsewhere instead of safety 

3 hours ago, JimmyFartball said:

Would have been so good if the league had had the guts to fine the Riders a 1st round selection in the draft and couple that with the Riders missing the playoffs.

It might still happen. IIRC it was said the League's waiting until the off-season regarding the paying players under the table which makes sense. It's usually April when the League announces whether ant teams went over the cap.

31 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So with the return of Smith, do we see Lapo try to take more shots deep? Do we use Harris more?

Lapo's gonna Lapo. He won't change his plans much at all because he already had guys who could go deep without Smith. All of Dressler, Denmark and McDuffie are capable of going deep. 

Pre-game talk

"Pissed off."
That's O'Shea's answer to "how's special teams"?
"They see simple solutions that they've been doing consistently since training camp, and they're not pleased. But they also recognize that these are corrections they can make. They don't feel out-gunned."
"At all."
I totally love how Mike OShea put to rest the idea that our punter out-kicked the coverage in last week's game. It's  something I don't believe in myself and when he was asked, O'Shea said it was a coverable kick.
He stated "I will never talk about out-kicking our coverage." On the Medlock punt, he simply said, "He pounded it...get down and cover it" 
Then he said "We'll cover any kick".

Edited by Mr Dee