Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I just read that Pederson article.  What is with that guy????  Does he have so little self-respect that he's willing to shoot his own credibility in the head over his green-tinted love for the Riders?  A conspiracy???  wow.  What a knob.

Is he the dufus that predicted the riders would go 12 and 6 this year..They better get on it cuz that number seems a tad off...We know that they can't count over there but that prognostication was amped a bit...Maybe it has something to do with the 13th. man...lol

49 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I just read that Pederson article.  What is with that guy????  Does he have so little self-respect that he's willing to shoot his own credibility in the head over his green-tinted love for the Riders?  A conspiracy???  wow.  What a knob.

Pederson had credibility?  Since when. 

50 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Is he the dufus that predicted the riders would go 12 and 6 this year..They better get on it cuz that number seems a tad off...We know that they can't count over there but that prognostication was amped a bit...Maybe it has something to do with the 13th. man...lol

Hey, still could happen. :-)

10 hours ago, Ripper said:

Apparently though, a warning to Jones last year with the Esks players doing it translates into a Rider fine, seems fair to me.

Whats the one thing those two teams have in common? Jones....he got a warning last year. Didn't feel like he needed to change things I guess. Why should he get another warning just cause he's on another team? He's the leader, he obviously knows the rule (cause he was warned last year). He wants to push the boundaries those are the consequences. Plain and simple. It has less to do with esk/riders as it does Jones being the db he is.

After everything that has happened the past couple of weeks, the majority of posts over on Riderfans are talking about how the CFL, not the Riders organization, looks like a joke in all of this.

It is actually amazing to watch.

As for Pederson, have you ever seen another member of the media refer to "we" and "us" in reference to the team they are covering?

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Don't brag to me about how people from Sask are morons.....I've said for years that Gappers aren't really football fans. They just show up at the games because it's trendy. They don't even really know if the team is winning or losing or what's going on...."I'm from Saskatchewan! I'm a Rider fan!! That's still a cool thing, right??"  I've said for years that the vast majority of people who claim to be "fans" in Saskatchewan are among the least knowledgeable of fan-bases across the league. We may have slightly lower overall numbers, but I guarantee we have the most knowledgeable, "football-savvy" fan base in the league...

Hard to take anything you say serious when you post garbage like this. I've always acknowledged the Bomber fans as being top tier. But if you actually believe anything you posted you aren't quite as knowledgeable and savy as you would like to think. But hey its your website so I guess what you meant by savy was just bashing other teams.

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Hard to take anything you say serious when you post garbage like this. I've always acknowledged the Bomber fans as being top tier. But if you actually believe anything you posted you aren't quite as knowledgeable and savy as you would like to think. But hey its your website so I guess what you meant by savy was just bashing other teams.

Oh please this is the reason people laugh at "rider nation" yes there are passionate rider fans out there, just like there are passionate fans of every team, where the Riders are different is that it became trendy to be a rider fan when they were starting to turn things around in the mid 2000s and TSN started openly fellatting rider fans for being so super duper awesome! All of a sudden everyone from Saskatchewan was a huge fan because look how awesome we are! Trouble is the vast majority of them just jumped on the bandwagon to be seen and to be cool but they're as phony as the anything. You get a bad stretch of seasons again (the riders have been fortunate to not have the extended poor seasons) all of a sudden that support will dry up. 

That's why Bomber fans are better fans. All the **** this team has put us through and tons of people will still sit through a storm and watch a game until 1 in the morning on a week day. 

The Riders have won 5 games out of their last 31 games. There are problems is Riderville. Big problems. Systemic problems. They are a gong show right now that is easily on par with the gong show we witnessed when Kelly was here. Just watch the mass exodus of players coming this offseason. Players are going to run for the hills away from them.

30 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

After everything that has happened the past couple of weeks, the majority of posts over on Riderfans are talking about how the CFL, not the Riders organization, looks like a joke in all of this.

It is actually amazing to watch.

As for Pederson, have you ever seen another member of the media refer to "we" and "us" in reference to the team they are covering?

Can you blame that fan base for being so out to lunch. Their journalists are cheer leaders that openly fellate the team, and provide completely unrealisitic, untrue, and openly stupid commentary. So sad.

Over on Riderfans they are fellating themselves as the "flagship" franchise in the league with undying fan support. The reason given....we make the most money and are propping up the whole league. Ummmmm.....last year you LOST 4.3 million dollars. Can't see their uber competitive team they are fielding this year providing any more of a profit. A year or two away from telethons again. I guess now it would be a GoFundMe campaign I suppose.

What is the worst in all of this is that they are trying to circumvent an SMS that was designed to keep them from folding, and is STILL keeping them from folding. As much as the Riders would like to believe that they can run with the big dogs, in a non-SMS reality they would be crushed under by the Wetenhalls and Bob Youngs of the league. It's laughable when they equate profits to their ability to outspend other teams. This league has owners that piss away more money in a day than the Riders make in a year.

Edited by gcn11

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Rider fans stance on the fines?   They blame:

BLM

Orridge

The other teams

The league-wide conspiracy against the Riders, fueled by envy

Pretty insular world, this......

They sure sound batshit crazy don' they? You have to wonder where they come up with this, until you read an article by their most respected journalist and he is clearly the ring leader.

42 minutes ago, Ripper said:

... or truth?

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

You want the truth? Gainer is a guy dressed in a Gopher suit.  He's not really a gopher. 

my favorite is the Rod pederson article where he goes off about the obvious Roosevelt flop at the end of the 3rd qtr. "Suitor isn't the head of officiating, who cares what he says" addressing the fact that suitor didn't think it was PI....Please apply that to yourself there Rod. At least Suitor has played the ******* game.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Don't brag to me about how people from Sask are morons.....I've said for years that Gappers aren't really football fans. They just show up at the games because it's trendy. They don't even really know if the team is winning or losing or what's going on...."I'm from Saskatchewan! I'm a Rider fan!! That's still a cool thing, right??"  I've said for years that the vast majority of people who claim to be "fans" in Saskatchewan are among the least knowledgeable of fan-bases across the league. We may have slightly lower overall numbers, but I guarantee we have the most knowledgeable, "football-savvy" fan base in the league...

And we have most of our teeth, we don't use ancestry.ca as a dating site and livestock are not nervous around us

Riders fans don't bother me at all. I like their enthusiasm and blind homerism....

As long as they're having fun, who cares what they say or think, or whether they know a lot about football. 99 percent of Bombers fans, (including myself) know very little about the nuts and bolts of football.

Their site is super busy, they have long threads for every game....  Lot of people from here read and post there.

For sure Do or die posts there.

don't see the problem.

I got cranked pretty good there, on the weekend......the populace is not in a good mood.   The ole timer poster for the most part are very good.....but some of the younger set get pretty obnoxious, pretty quickly......

They have announced a imminent crackdown on "trolls"   Not sure what definition will be used there......other than people who say stuff, that their fans don't want to hear.....