Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

19 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Haven't been paying attention, have you. ;) They started doing that last season when Shaw started sponsoring it.

I wouldn't want to guess the age of a user named Arnold Palmer but I think that is probably in the range of age where 20 years ago is easier to remember than last year. I remember 55 - 10 like it was yesterday. 

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:08 AM, comedygeek said:

Winnipeg. 2013. The 1-5 Bombers lost to the Ti-Cats (thus going 1-6) in front of nearly 33,000 at Investor's Group Field. That was also after 22 full seasons without a championship.

So if you're giving props to Rider fans for their commitment to a losing team, then you have to give HUGE props to Bomber fans!

I have always given the Bomber fans full credit for supporting the team. That's not news

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I haven't paid any attention to Martin to know if he's been any good this season. I'm assuming we'll pass on him.

He is making big money and looks overweight (more than normal), but I still hope the riders take a look at him. He is Canadian and that is something we desperately need the way our season is unfolding 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

He is making big money and looks overweight (more than normal), but I still hope the riders take a look at him. He is Canadian and that is something we desperately need the way our season is unfolding 

Martin is actually very light.  Just think he's done personally.  He's not a kid and who knows, maybe he's not all that motivated.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Martin is actually very light.  Just think he's done personally.  He's not a kid and who knows, maybe he's not all that motivated.

I've never seen a pro football player put as little effort in as I saw from Martin on one play in Montreal's last game.  He was either tired to the point of total exhaustion or couldn't be bothered to do more than go through the motions.  Either way, not a great sign...

Edit: I guess this was already mentioned on the previous page by Bigblue204.  Oh well.  Now I've said it, so you KNOW it's true.

Edited by Atomic

9 minutes ago, tracker said:

Vaughn Martin has enough potential and talent that I would bring him in for a look-see with the Bombers. If there is as much behind the scenes crap going on with the Als as has been hinted at, he may not have given it his best shot there.

If that's the case then we don't need him .You always give it your best no matter what.....

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Vaughn Martin has enough potential and talent that I would bring him in for a look-see with the Bombers. If there is as much behind the scenes crap going on with the Als as has been hinted at, he may not have given it his best shot there.

i doubt we have the extra money with roster expansions coming up in iirc 2 weeks, and since i imagine we plan to keep denmark. Would be really nice though. Id rather have him then henoc, but not at the kind of price tag he will fetch. I might rather have him as an OL conversion project over neufeld if the wheels fall off at dt for him.