Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

12 hours ago, Rod Black said:

And Orridge told you this? How are the Riders any better for the league than any of the other 8 team?

Did Orridge tell you otherwise? All I'm saying is the league is not going to come down hard on these guys and sure enough, they didn't. The Riders already suck. Perhaps they figure that's punishment enough. The CFL needs healthy viable teams in all nine cities, including Regina.

If we don't like it and want to punish them more, let's do it on the field and really embarrass them. Same goes for Calgary and anyone else that is upset. It's the Riders. Do we really need even more motivation to throttle them? I'm sure the other GMs are taking notes.

23 minutes ago, J5V said:

The Riders already suck. Perhaps they figure that's punishment enough. The CFL needs healthy viable teams in all nine cities, including Regina.

If we don't like it and want to punish them more, let's do it on the field and really embarrass them.

The league should give them their bye week on next year's schedule for the first week of September. Take away their free space on the bingo card.  That will send a message bigger than a fine could. It shows that the league runs things, not the franchise.

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

To be clear - Gary Lawless said on the radio last night that they're not actually done the part of the investigation related to the Riders paying unrostered players under the table. And to me, that's the biggest offense of all. So more punishments could be coming.

It used to happen a lot. Teams would pay guys to stick around off roster, or pay PR guys extra money to stick around, (pr money used to be ridiculously small) now guys get hidden on IR. On and off the 6 game every couple weeks the way teams game the roster has changed. The problem is the riders havent been doing it the new way. 

42 minutes ago, J5V said:

Did Orridge tell you otherwise? All I'm saying is the league is not going to come down hard on these guys and sure enough, they didn't. The Riders already suck. Perhaps they figure that's punishment enough. The CFL needs healthy viable teams in all nine cities, including Regina.

If we don't like it and want to punish them more, let's do it on the field and really embarrass them. Same goes for Calgary and anyone else that is upset. It's the Riders. Do we really need even more motivation to throttle them? I'm sure the other GMs are taking notes.

If I offended you with the Orridge question, I apologize. I don't see the situation painted as "what's good for the riders is good for the league". A greater possibility is what's good for the league is good for all teams. You might want to explain your meaning with greater clarity. The CFL prospered for decades and decades with the Ssk franchise being a doormat, no reason to elevate them above other teams now.

the riders have set an awful example for kids. Ssk kids are Learning that it's ok to cheat. 

They are what they are, cheaters. It is now in history. Til the end of time. For ever and ever, Amen.

Edited by Rod Black

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

To be clear - Gary Lawless said on the radio last night that they're not actually done the part of the investigation related to the Riders paying unrostered players under the table. And to me, that's the biggest offense of all. So more punishments could be coming.

also curious about some of the PA violations like extended practice times, etc....that had been mentioned....but haven't been commented on by the league yet. 

26 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

If I offended you with the Orridge question, I apologize. I don't see the situation painted as "what's good for the riders is good for the league". A greater possibility is what's good for the league is good for all teams. You might want to explain your meaning with greater clarity. The CFL prospered for decades and decades with the Ssk franchise being a doormat, no reason to elevate them above other teams now.

the riders have set an awful example for kids. Ssk kids are Learning that it's ok to cheat. 

They are what they are, cheaters. It is now in history. Til the end of time. For ever and ever, Amen.

And then they will grow up and think it's ok to cheat on their sisterwives. 

15 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Larger sanctions are certainly in order. What can't be changed is that the Ssk football club is guilty. Twice in two weeks of breaking very important rules. That's twice they have thought they were smarter than the average CFL club.

in all honesty, no embellishment or slander, the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club are Cheaters. The cheater label will accurately stick with them. Bunch of cheaters, they are. 

History now shows them as cheaters.

At this moment in time, yes that is true.  However we have a long and proud history that has nothing to do with this mess

14 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Didn't the CFL intervene to prevent that signing? They didn't want the embarrassment of signing a guy who beats up women. I mean, if Jones wants to sign players like that then he'll be up to his neck in the mud himself.

Not true, the league said the riders could sign him if they wanted. Riders chose not to

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

At this moment in time, yes that is true.  However we have a long and proud history that has nothing to do with this mess

Actually I'll give you this in the spirit of limiting any hypocrisy on our end. As an example Mike Kelly does not represent what our organization stands for. But at this Moment Chris Jones is not doing your organization any favours and unfortunately for your dedicated fan base, he's representing the Saskatchewan Roughriders at this moment. Sucks to be you.

54 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

No, not at all, and you said it better than I meant to. You're right, the Riders have been doormats before and they are again and the league will survive. I can understand them (the Riders) hating that but cheating is not the way to do it for the reasons you have stated, not the least of which is the bad example it sets for the youth. Thanks for adding that to the mix. It is a very good point. One of the great things about sports of any kind is it teaches character. Unfortunately, some don't see it that way. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Well if supplementary discipline is yet to come, I hope they get it right this time, and teach them and Jones a lesson they will not forget. I would love to see Jones suspended from CFL football operations for a couple weeks by the league. Not even allowed to call the office to see if he forgot his hemorrhoid cushion there.

34 minutes ago, bearpants said:

What do you mean... Bill Belichick and the Pats have had no issue dropping the "cheater" moniker...

Is this a joke? I mean look at the huge overreaction to inflate gate. Do you think if Spygate hadn't happened there wouldn't be such an overpunishment for what is in the end a minor infraction. I am not saying Patriots are innocent since they actively campaigned for teams to control balls, so why else would you except to manipulate the balls. Whatever back to our favourite form of cheating at football. Caught green handed. I shouldn't smirk but seeing so much Rider merchandise in Winnipeg stores drives me nuts and I would enjoy seeing Jones squirming.

6 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

Just wondering what Mr. Database and Jones did in Edmonton to help them win the Grey Cup.

Mr Database didnt come from Edm. Hes from Cgy.

Him and Cheat Jones applied for the GM position in Sask. Cheat beat Database but the former hired the latter to be his asst accomplice.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

33 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Interesting take 

Thats an interesting point. Just means the riders have to reduce vets even further. i think the punishment for this number of roster infractions should be neg list max reduction, or even draft picks eventually if they repeat it this year.