Ti Cat Coaches & Players

iso_55

A little too exuberant last night handing it to the Lions? Especially Reinebold. Jumping up & down laughing on the sidelines. Carrying on like he won the Grey Cup. The Ti Cat players & coaches were really enjoying themselves on the sidelines. Was it a bit much? Not very classy? Okay to be that way? This is a team on a roll at home undefeated but only 2-2 on the road. Curious as to what everyone thinks. 

You know what. They laid a licking on the Lions last night and they deserved a little bit of gloating.  The Ticats are the best team in the league (notice I didn't say class of the league) and they are dominating their opposition.  Austin has every facet of the team playing their best and the coaches are getting the most out of their players.  

I still hate Austin's behaviour on the sidelines and some of their players (especially on defence) push the letter of the law and good sportsmanship.  But you can't ignore how well the team is playing.  Right now if the Grey Cup was tomorrow the Cats would be the heavy favourite regardless of which team they played.  

But I just cant cheer for them because of Austin. 

OK...except when their playing the Riders. 

Players are happy they are winning big. Coaches are happy they are winning and schmes etc. are paying off. There is no story here.

Unfortunately for you, as TLB has stated, the Riders are no fun to pick on right now...so the TiCats, with the snooty HC, are next in line. (and we still remember the boat - it's an unspoken motto - remember the boat!)

Zach Cholera (channeling Nate with the dumb nickname} looks like the next Tom Clements out there right now. Too bad that the Bombers couldn't nail him down.  Willy is good, but Zach is just that much better.

I just can't stand that Austin prick.  Even up by 30 points he is screaming at the refs and having a coronary on the sidelines.  Just a massive ******-bag.  

Whatever happened to 'act like you've been there before'?

Well if your a Bomber player you have "Never been there before" and probably never will be there! Good on the TiCat's. They are kicking butt. I only wish the Bomber kiddie's were doing close to the same!

The Ti-Cats have worked hard to get where they are. Let them enjoy the good times while they can. Players coaches don't just work for the money. The whole show could fall apart with a bad hit or string of injuries. Let them have a good time. That's what I'd want for our guys. The celebrations are deserved.

The Cats defence earned their identity  as fearsome and tough.  However, its going to come a time when they'll get their comeuppance for their low hits, piling on and just outright dirty play.   

Last night I remember seeing a Cats player who was in the pile after Lulay was sacked, give him a forearm shiver to the head after the play.  Lulay got up off the turf and you could see him trying to shake it off.  There are also players who go low on a tackle when it's not necessary and piling on the defenceless player who's already on the turf. But if the refs aren't  going to call it.  Why not!  

I've seen teams like the Cats crash & burn plenty over the years. The Stamps in the 90's & 2000's, the Riders of 2011 & 14, the Bombers, yes the Bombers on more than one occasion in the past. Just because you are pummeling opponents in August doesn't guarantee a Grey Cup victory in November. Injuries here, a bad bounce there & that cockiness goes away in a hurry. Hamilton is good but they haven't won anything yet. 

The Cats defence earned their identity  as fearsome and tough.  However, its going to come a time when they'll get their comeuppance for their low hits, piling on and just outright dirty play.   

Last night I remember seeing a Cats player who was in the pile after Lulay was sacked, give him a forearm shiver to the head after the play.  Lulay got up off the turf and you could see him trying to shake it off.  There are also players who go low on a tackle when it's not necessary and piling on the defenceless player who's already on the turf. But if the refs aren't  going to call it.  Why not!  

That's kind of normal league-wide right now.  Marve took a forearm to the head on the first play of the final drive against the Argos and had a few outside the pocket where he got hit by two guys with the second guy coming in very late.  Lots of dirty shots on QB's, and not many flags for the actual shots that are the ones likely to cause injury.  IMO the Bombers get it worse than most teams because they don't respond to that stuff physically on either side of the ball.  Would be nice to see that spark.

I do feel that the Ticats may be doing this too soon however, Until that team can consistently win on the road.. I dunno what to think. 2-2 on the road... Let's see them do that consistently to teams on the road and then we'll talk.

They are the best team in the East tho, Just not so sure about best team in the league, relatively healthy there minus a couple injuries to fantuz really and maybe someone else. 

As for the late hits or whatever the ticats D are known for pretty much, Yup, they will get what they have coming to them soon enough...

I have no issues with low hitting players that aren't the QB tho. To me receivers and RB's are fair game... QB's, you go low or high on them? Well, that's not good and should be called every time  but... most times, isn't.

The league goes on about protecting the QB, not so much tho in reality. 

Ticats been to the last 2 cups so they are good and warrant the hype.. i don't mind the ticat hype cuz i do think they are very good.. the hype that pisses me off the most is the Redblacks hype that they have gotten, who have they beaten really? 

Honestly if i were ranking teams right now

1. Hamilton

2. Calgary - they are doing it with tons of injuries

3. Edmonton

4.Toronto 

5.Ottawa - Honestly, I think the bombers with Drew Willy healthy are better. 

6.Winnipeg - I can't put the bombers behind the 3 teams they have beaten, it just makes no sense to have them behind those 3. 

7.Montreal

8.BC

9.SASK