Ti Cat Coaches & Players

iso_55

Why is there even a thread about a team having fun winning games. At the end of the day everyone who has played a sport started playing it because it's fun. Nobody here would be complaining about the bombers enjoying themselves or being dirty if the roles were reversed. Half his board was thrilled to sign Picard because they want our O-line to be dirtier/nastier and have an attitude.

These guys aren't making millions, who cares if they're enjoying their job. If the bombers ever get to a point of winning more games than they lose, I hope they enjoy it too.

Why is there even a thread about a team having fun winning games. At the end of the day everyone who has played a sport started playing it because it's fun. Nobody here would be complaining about the bombers enjoying themselves or being dirty if the roles were reversed. Half his board was thrilled to sign Picard because they want our O-line to be dirtier/nastier and have an attitude.

These guys aren't making millions, who cares if they're enjoying their job. If the bombers ever get to a point of winning more games than they lose, I hope they enjoy it too.

This is a discussion forum. Everything is fair game. No one is forcing you to respond. 

A little too exuberant last night handing it to the Lions? Especially Reinebold. Jumping up & down laughing on the sidelines. Carrying on like he won the Grey Cup. The Ti Cat players & coaches were really enjoying themselves on the sidelines. Was it a bit much? Not very classy? Okay to be that way? This is a team on a roll at home undefeated but only 2-2 on the road. Curious as to what everyone thinks.

Have you satisfied your curiousity?

I do feel that the Ticats may be doing this too soon however, Until that team can consistently win on the road.. I dunno what to think. 2-2 on the road... Let's see them do that consistently to teams on the road and then we'll talk.

They are the best team in the East tho, Just not so sure about best team in the league, relatively healthy there minus a couple injuries to fantuz really and maybe someone else. 

As for the late hits or whatever the ticats D are known for pretty much, Yup, they will get what they have coming to them soon enough...

I have no issues with low hitting players that aren't the QB tho. To me receivers and RB's are fair game... QB's, you go low or high on them? Well, that's not good and should be called every time  but... most times, isn't.

The league goes on about protecting the QB, not so much tho in reality. 

Ticats been to the last 2 cups so they are good and warrant the hype.. i don't mind the ticat hype cuz i do think they are very good.. the hype that pisses me off the most is the Redblacks hype that they have gotten, who have they beaten really? 

Honestly if i were ranking teams right now

1. Hamilton

2. Calgary - they are doing it with tons of injuries

3. Edmonton

4.Toronto 

5.Ottawa - Honestly, I think the bombers with Drew Willy healthy are better. 

6.Winnipeg - I can't put the bombers behind the 3 teams they have beaten, it just makes no sense to have them behind those 3. 

7.Montreal

8.BC

9.SASK

The Officials have a front row seat and are doing little to clamp down on these dirty shots, yet they often penalize a player on the ground for grabbing at the shoe-laces of the QB.  Twice Willy has been taken out of games by questionable hits while the Official  decided no penalty was warranted, only to be contradicted by the league a week later.  The Officials must enforce the "spirit" of the rules regarding QB protection and the players need to quickly learn that they will be called on their questionable tactics.  Fines are probably not much of a deterrent but receiving frequent U.C. penalties will draw the ire of coaches and teammates.

The league needs to take a zero tolerance approach to protecting their QB's from a purely economic standpoint if for no other reason. Without starting QB's in the lineup, non-competitive blow outs will rise, weakening the product and causing fans to tune out quickly and lose interest as the two televised games last night will likely prove once the ratings come in.  A league full of second and third string QB's starting is bad for everyone in the end.

It ain't bragging if you can do it. Good on Hammy for celebrating on the sidelines when they're giving the boots to a team. It's a ton of fun to be on the good side of a 30 point win.

I like Austin as a coach. You can always tell what he's thinking right away, he fights for everything he's got and he doesn't change no matter if he's up or down. Do something stupid, and he'll let you know. His team is a mirror of his attitude. I wish we had more of the win at all costs attitude ourselves.

41% of Hamilton's TDs are from STs and the defence - such as 6 int. for TDs, 3 punt returns for TDs 1 fumble return, and 1 kickoff return for TDs. Of the 12 defensive and ST team TDs scored in the CFL, 11 have been from Hamilton. These are amazing stats, and well earned.

The question is...can they come even close to get the same number here on in? That Hamilton defence is good and cocky, but how can you not be, with a 21 point lead in the 1st quarter...2 games in a row?

Austin, like every other coach, has been the victim of bad calls.

So as a coach you have a choice - either play Mr. Nice Guy and hope the calls go your way or keep after officiating to justify and explain every decision they make no matter what the circumstances in order to effect change.

Austin obviously has chosen the latter.

Hamilton's success up to this point is simple, they are doing well in all three facets of the game.  O, D and ST.  Every game they have success and maybe more importantly aren't screwing up when they are on offence, defense or special teams.  Even the coaching (arguably the 4th facet) has been a strength.  Certainly can't say the same about the Bombers, Riders or Als right now.  

A little too exuberant last night handing it to the Lions? Especially Reinebold. Jumping up & down laughing on the sidelines. Carrying on like he won the Grey Cup. The Ti Cat players & coaches were really enjoying themselves on the sidelines. Was it a bit much? Not very classy? Okay to be that way? This is a team on a roll at home undefeated but only 2-2 on the road. Curious as to what everyone thinks.

People have opinions. I wanted to read them.

41% of Hamilton's TDs are from STs and the defence - such as 6 int. for TDs, 3 punt returns for TDs 1 fumble return, and 1 kickoff return for TDs. Of the 12 defensive and ST team TDs scored in the CFL, 11 have been from Hamilton. These are amazing stats, and well earned.

The question is...can they come even close to get the same number here on in? That Hamilton defence is good and cocky, but how can you not be, with a 21 point lead in the 1st quarter...2 games in a row?

This can't be right.  The rest of the league has more than 1 defensive TD for sure, the Bombers have one, I believe Edmonton and Montreal have a few.  Toronto scored a special teams one on us this week.

This can't be right.  The rest of the league has more than 1 defensive TD for sure, the Bombers have one, I believe Edmonton and Montreal have a few.  Toronto scored a special teams one on us this week.

Just pulled up the league stats for after week 7 on cflmedia.ca  and it shows the following interception/fumble recovery TD's

Hamilton -  5, Davis - 3, Sears - 1, Stewart - 1

Winnipeg - 2, Adams - 1, Sherman - 1

Edmonton - 2 Ojo - 1, Watkins - 1

Calgary - 2 Raymond - 1, Thibault - 1

Toronto - 1, Jefferson

Ottawa - 1, Evans

And for punt return Td's

Hamilton - 2, Banks

Montreal - 1, Logan

That struck me as being odd also, but I can only take LaPo on his word. That's the source. But, in same sentence, he did say "of the 8 teams in the league" so he must have left out a valuable piece of info from that tidbit.

Johny Adams has a pick 6 for Winnipeg and Sherman recovered a blocked punt for a TD. Calgary blocked a punt for a TD versus Winnipeg. Toronto had a pick six in both of their games versus Saskatchewan. Watkins had a pick 6 versus the Riders. Edmonton picked Burris for at least one TD. Ottawa had a pick 6 versus Nicholls. That's 8 D/ST TDs not involving Hamilton.

Can't stand the Ticats or their fans, especially certain forum members.  CHeered for the Riders in the 2013 Grey Cup and I cheered for the Stamps in 2014.  I quite enjoyed the whining on their forum and on CFL.ca forum over the perceived "bad call" on the Brandon Banks punt return touchdown.

They are the best team in the east, I wil grant them that - thought they would go 12-6 for the season and meet the Eskies in the Grey Cup.  If they do advance to the Grey Cup this poster is not too worried about a Ticat victory.  Fact is, tabbies don't handle the cold too well.  They have never won a playoff game in Winnipeg in their entire history.

That struck me as being odd also, but I can only take LaPo on his word. That's the source. But, in same sentence, he did say "of the 8 teams in the league" so he must have left out a valuable piece of info from that tidbit.

Just found out the correct stat that LaPo was mentioning about Hamilton. It was wasn't 11 of 12. It was 11 of 21. Transposed. When he mentioned the 8 teams, he was saying - the other 8 teams combined had 10 ST and D TDs, while Hamilton beat them with 11.

There is a video of this info. on TSN, but this one is after the Calgary game while the one I saw was before that game, either on one of the pre-game shows or a segment during half time.

Either way, I regret the error, but it is still an amazing (Paul's word) stat anyways.

I won't begrudge Hamilton their arrogance or their success.  This was an organization that was a doormat for years .. but year after year .. their fans came out .. supported an abysmal team in the dump at Ivor Wynne.   It took that franchise the better part of a decade but they've built a culture (around this coach and that team) of winning .. they expect to win week in week out .. to impose their will on their opponents .. good on the Cats.

I don't know if they really supported their team as I remember they had some decent teams in the 80's & late 90's but were only getting 14,000 to their home games for years. They have a new stadium now so things are better. Yeah, Austin can be a **** at times but he's head & shoulder along with his assistants better than O'Shea & his coaches. He  holds his players accountable by reaming them out when he feels he has to instead of coddling & protecting ours like O'Shea does. Instead of a smirk there's anger. 

People have opinions. I wanted to read them.

Opinion - the Argo receivers celebrating every single catch like they caught a TD in the superbowl is far more ridiculous than anything the Ticats are doing.  And it's an opinion I had prior to the weekend's game.

I won't begrudge Hamilton their arrogance or their success.  This was an organization that was a doormat for years .. but year after year .. their fans came out .. supported an abysmal team in the dump at Ivor Wynne.   It took that franchise the better part of a decade but they've built a culture (around this coach and that team) of winning .. they expect to win week in week out .. to impose their will on their opponents .. good on the Cats.

The real "best fans" in the CFL.