How happy are you with Walters' Draft work?

BigBlue

87 members have voted

1. 1. How pleased where you with the results of the 2015 Draft?

• Delighted
    • Satisfied
    • Neutral / cautious / not sure
    • sceptical
    • Unhappy
    • Other

I actually really like what he did last night. While i agree that Max Forde could have filled a need on our defensive line, there was obviously some flaws with his game or character that everyone in the league saw but isnt saying. I think the Addison Richards pick is the only one that has me take a wait and see approach. We all would have loved to have seen Demski here but again, Durant doesnt get picked up until 18th so we were not the only ones that thought that his hype may not have been worth the package. 

Every team always goes on and on about how great their picks were and how "we couldnt believe he was still available at this point in the draft" but I think Walters did a fantastic job of filling needs on our roster and the upsize of potential is intriguing as well. Our Canadian content is tons better then it was yesterday at this time.

Great character picks.Guys that will go through walls for you. Kind of how the coach used to play. I think Walters did a good job of helping his Head Coach out last night.

Just sayin...

Why wasn't "far too early to say" an option?

I think what it really comes down to for most people... I know this applies to me... is not only did we not get Demski, but he went to the worst place possible... just frustrates me thinking of him playing in Green... any other team I can live with...

I actually really like what he did last night. While i agree that Max Forde could have filled a need on our defensive line, there was obviously some flaws with his game or character that everyone in the league saw but isnt saying. I think the Addison Richards pick is the only one that has me take a wait and see approach. We all would have loved to have seen Demski here but again, Durant doesnt get picked up until 18th so we were not the only ones that thought that his hype may not have been worth the package.

Every team always goes on and on about how great their picks were and how "we couldnt believe he was still available at this point in the draft" but I think Walters did a fantastic job of filling needs on our roster and the upsize of potential is intriguing as well. Our Canadian content is tons better then it was yesterday at this time.

Great character picks.Guys that will go through walls for you. Kind of how the coach used to play. I think Walters did a good job of helping his Head Coach out last night.

Just sayin...

Who let Darren Cameron sign up in here...?

It looks like Walters emphasized character over talent last night.

I was hoping we would have come out with better.

Rate Walters' work.

Based on what?  Name recognition?

I'll hazard a guess that there wasn't a moment last night where Walters said "Not that guy, his talent level is too high".

The problem every year is people form strong opinions on players they know next to nothing about, based almost entirely on a Duane Forde column, and then spend 2 months shaping his thought-farts into fools gold.

Did Walters evaluate the players correctly?  We won't know for a while, but I have no problems with his evaluations being different from Forde's.  They'd better be, otherwise anyone could do his job.  Walters did not do what I expected, but I also have enough sense to know my expectations aren't based on much of anything other than being part of a fan site.

Just sayin...

Who let Darren Cameron sign up in here...?

Looked more Aardvarkian to me, but maybe you're right.  

As for me, colour me sceptical.  Not for the first pick of course, that was pretty much a no brainer, With Demski gone and Durant's issues, I can maybe see why Richards got picked.  As for Morgan, wth?  Never heard of him and when you consider who was available at that pick, I just don't see it.  Looks like a flyer to me and there was no need to take a flyer.  As for the rest of the picks, they are at the "maybe they work out, maybe they don't" level of interest for me.

He did exactly what I thought he would in the first two picks. After that I don't know if it's good or bad. Have no idea who the guys are that we drafted. Really stoked we got Chungh, as the more and more I read about him the more and more I hoped he would be our guy. That makes the draft a win in my books. In so far as you can measure wins the day after the draft that is.

I was upset last night, but on reflection, my disappointment was that Nic Demski got drafted by Saskatchewan.   I can't blame Walters for that.  Nic went at #6, and I had been hoping that he would be available at #11.   I like Nic, but I hate the greenies, so that really put me off.  If it were anywhere else, I wouldn't feel as badly.

I put down "satisfied" but I'm more in the "time will tell camp".

Our no 1 pic...great..Chungh is a solid addition and was definitely our best pic....Richards has to prove himself BUT IF you read the rider board, a lot of their fans wanted him, as much as we wanted Demski..Odd how it all worked out but Richards is no slouch ....Don't know much about our 3rd. pic Morgan.. seems to have fallen out of the sky BUT I trust Walters and his player evaluation. All in all we have definitely improved our canuck talent level...

I voted "Neutral"

I love the Chungh pick. Would love to see  nastiness back to our OL.

Missing on Demski and having picked up by the Riders, gave a sour taste on my mouth. I thought that put Walters & co. off target and didn't really recovered from it.

And I thought the Richards pick is a retaliation to the Demski pick. Although Richards is a big receiver (6.05, and I love big receivers) but just like what the panel said he's still raw. Part of me tells me that this have a making of next Jade Etienne. Hope it's not. 

No one on the media talked about Morgan prior to the draft. So he's a bit unknown to me. Let's hope this pick will turn out to be like the Derek Jones pick.

I felt that they can do better with the rest of the picks after the #2 overall. But let's see.

Went 'Other' .. results last night left me feeling unsatisfied. ..

Like TBURG love the first pick .. not a fan of the 2nd (screams nothing more than an "Aaron Hargreaves type" to me but I hope I'm wrong) .. didn't feel there was value with the 3rd (had to reach a bit due to no third round pick) and don't like our 4th .. that's just my initial reaction.

Missing on Demski and having picked up by the Riders, gave a sour taste on my mouth. I thought that put Walters & co. off target and didn't really recovered from it.

And I thought the Richards pick is a retaliation to the Demski pick. Although Richards is a big receiver (6.05, and I love big receivers) but just like what the panel said he's still raw. Part of me tells me that this have a making of next Jade Etienne. Hope it's not. 

You can't honestly believe we took a guy #11 overall b/c of spite? That's so ridiculous I don't know how to respond to it.

I'm satisfied for now, time will tell in the end though as it does with all drafts.  Like most, I was disappointed in the lack of name recognition in some of the picks but after reading more, I'm a little more optimistic.

Duane Forde says Morgan is a smart player & one of the best athletes available in the draft. His lack of name recognition may be due to the fact that he only played 2 games last year after being ruled academically ineligible.  His old DC from Queens (Pat Tracey) is now our ST coach so there is some familiarity there &  he seems pretty versatile (he also played RB at Queens for a bit).

Richards might be "raw" but he caught over 100 balls over the last two seasons after spending a couple years as a backup receiver in Regina.  Anyone comparing him to Jade Etienne (who caught about 30 passes in 2 years after being converted from a kicker) is way out of their element.

Does this guy look like Jade Etienne???

11049007.jpg

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Addison+Richards+ready+next+step/11049006/story.html

Richards might be "raw" but he caught over 100 balls over the last two seasons after spending a couple years as a backup receiver in Regina.  Anyone comparing him to Jade Etienne (who caught about 30 passes in 2 years after being converted from a kicker) is way out of their element.

11049007.jpg

Anyone can use pictures!

reg-Addison-Richards.jpg?max_height=200&

11049007.jpg

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Addison+Richards+ready+next+step/11049006/story.html

I don't loathe the Richards pick but this post reminds me of Mike's post a few years ago of a muscle-bound Dorzon once Garrett was hurt in training camp.