How happy are you with Walters' Draft work?

BigBlue

87 members have voted

1. 1. How pleased where you with the results of the 2015 Draft?

• Delighted
    • Satisfied
    • Neutral / cautious / not sure
    • sceptical
    • Unhappy
    • Other

Definitely skeptical.

I really like Walters and won't question the players he chose, but the positions have me scratching my head:

OL - makes sense

WR - don't follow

DB - don't follow

FB - don't follow

DL - don't follow

LB - don't follow

I would have to think that Richards & Morgan must have the ability to be something special to take those positions that high in the draft. The FB, DL, LB??? who knows, not exactly the body type if your looking for special teams demons.

I'm satisfied for now, time will tell in the end though as it does with all drafts. Like most, I was disappointed in the lack of name recognition in some of the picks but after reading more, I'm a little more optimistic.

Duane Forde says Morgan is a smart player & one of the best athletes available in the draft. His lack of name recognition may be due to the fact that he only played 2 games last year after being ruled academically ineligible. His old DC from Queens (Pat Tracey) is now our ST coach so there is some familiarity there & he seems pretty versatile (he also played RB at Queens for a bit).

Who knows...had Morgan played a full season, he could have been a first rounder.

I'm satisfied for now, time will tell in the end though as it does with all drafts.  Like most, I was disappointed in the lack of name recognition in some of the picks but after reading more, I'm a little more optimistic.

Duane Forde says Morgan is a smart player & one of the best athletes available in the draft. His lack of name recognition may be due to the fact that he only played 2 games last year after being ruled academically ineligible.  His old DC from Queens (Pat Tracey) is now our ST coach so there is some familiarity there &  he seems pretty versatile (he also played RB at Queens for a bit).

does...not...compute...

According to the article in the other thread did not complete a certain amount of credit hours

In a routine check of transcripts Wednesday, it was revealed that Morgan had not completed the requisite 18 credit hours between playing seasons, in violation of CIS rule 40.10.3.3.1

Richards might be "raw" but he caught over 100 balls over the last two seasons after spending a couple years as a backup receiver in Regina.  Anyone comparing him to Jade Etienne (who caught about 30 passes in 2 years after being converted from a kicker) is way out of their element.

Does this guy look like Jade Etienne???

11049007.jpg

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Addison+Richards+ready+next+step/11049006/story.html

Looks like a 1970's Bruce Jenner. Man that guy was awesome. I was just thinking the other day - whatever happened to that guy?

Taman doesn't need to draft Sask guys, they come back as soon as their first contract is done. Richards said the same things Labatte said when we signed him. Disagree with drafting anyone from that province regardless of ability. 50/50 he is here beyond his first contract.

Got to broaden his horizons a bit.  We'll just introduce him to the concept of dating girls that you're not related to.  Sure, there's that awkward "getting to know them" stage that you don't have with cousins, but on the plus side, if you decide to have kids, there no "What in the world...?" from the doctor during delivery.  

Taman doesn't need to draft Sask guys, they come back as soon as their first contract is done. Richards said the same things Labatte said when we signed him. Disagree with drafting anyone from that province regardless of ability. 50/50 he is here beyond his first contract.

Got to broaden his horizons a bit.  We'll just introduce him to the concept of dating girls that you're not related to.  Sure, there's that awkward "getting to know them" stage that you don't have with cousins, but on the plus side, if you decide to have kids, there no "What in the world...?" from the doctor during delivery.  

I highly doubt Taman dates.  By the looks of his appearance in recent interviews, he's pretty much given up on life outside of the Riders.

Just heard Walters explaining the Morgan pick.

They liked him because they viewed him as the only guy in the draft who can compete at both safety and field corner.

And there you have it. Suiting your roster with the best player available.

It makes sense to the brain trust, and nobody even asked us.

yep. Got to get Richards introduced to the Winnipeg ladies so he stays in Winnipeg, much like was done with Kohlert. He'll be confused at first at the odd smell of soap and shampoo emanating from them, but change is never easy.

I highly doubt Taman dates.  By the looks of his appearance in recent interviews, he's pretty much given up on life outside of the Riders.

He *was* dating the Bombers head cheer leader at one point...

He *was* dating the Bombers head cheer leader at one point...

If there's one thing I know, it sure doesn't take much to get a date with a Bomber cheerleader.

He *was* dating the Bombers head cheer leader at one point

circa????????

To illustrate the point, there is a story circulating about a young man from Pense, Saskatchewan who came rushing into his parents' home with an announcement.

"Pa! Ma!" he blurts," I've met the gal I wanna marry and she's a virgin!"

"No way yer gonna marry her" says Pa.

"Why not?" cries the lad.

"If she's not good enough fer her family, she's sure 'nuff not good enuff fer ours!" retorts Pa.

And such is life in Saskatchewan.

circa????????

2002, I'd say. Somewhere in there...

circa????????

I think she was a Libra actually.

circa????????

I think she was a Libra actually.

Personally  I like "C" bra gals better.