2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If Buck goes to Regina Spit Spit then it would be good for Brown to follow him. He'd be the QB with the most experience in Buck's offence. 

Not going to help Buck much when your suggested qb. is flat on his ass most of the time because of a porous O Line....Something I hope Buck is mulling over carefully IF he decides to sign on there....Big uphill for anyone signing there

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed nine players, including American quarterback Terry Wilson Jr.

The six-foot-three, 207-pound passer originally committed to the University of Oregon, though he transferred to Garden City Community College following his redshirt freshman season. He played one season with the Broncbusters before moving on to the University of Kentucky and the University of New Mexico.

The native of Oklahoma City, Okla. started 31 games with the Wildcats and Lobos, completing 63.2 percent of his passes for 4,501 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 16 interceptions. He also carried the ball 307 times for 1,062 yards and 11 touchdowns.

The 25-year-old attended rookie minicamp with the Dallas Cowboys after going unselected in the 2022 NFL Draft. He spent the 2022 season with the Houston Gamblers of the USFL, appearing in six games and making one start.

The Blue Bombers also signed American receivers Bryce Mitchell and Ontaria Wilson as well as American defensive linemen Nate Givhan and Jamal Woods.

Mitchell made 70 receptions for 1,297 yards and 11 touchdowns over 52 games at the University of Toledo. The six-foot-three, 210-pound target was named second-team All-MAC in 2019 after leading the Rockets in receiving yards.

Wilson made 108 catches for 1,521 yards and 12 touchdowns over 51 games at Florida State University. The native of Ashburn, Ga. also recorded seven carries for 57 yards and one touchdown along the ground.

Givhan spent a portion of the 2023 season on Winnipeg’s practice roster, though he didn’t dress for any regular season games. The six-foot-two, 239-pound edge rusher made 97 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and one interception over 47 collegiate games at the University of Toledo.

Woods made 78 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, three pass knockdowns, and one forced fumble over 49 collegiate games at the University of Illinois. The six-foot-two, 290-pound interior defender went unselected in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Winnipeg has also brought back four Canadian players who were selected in the 2023 CFL Draft, including running back Jonathan Rosery, defensive lineman Collin Kornelson, linebacker Max Charbonneau, and defensive back Bret MacDougall.

Rosery, who also plays slotback, led the Alberta Golden Bears in receiving yardage this past season, making 32 catches for 440 yards and three touchdowns. The five-foot-eight, 199-pound native of Edmonton was taken in the seventh round.

Kornelson made 17 total tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery playing along the interior of the defensive line for the Manitoba Bisons. The fifth-round pick missed three of the club’s games due to injury.

Charbonneau won the President’s Award as the outstanding stand-up defensive player in the OUA this past year while playing for the Ottawa Gee-Gees. The eighth-round pick made 62 total tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and one blocked kick.

MacDougall made 30.5 total tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery this past season with the Windsor Lancers. The sixth-round pick helped the club win a home playoff game for the first time since 1975.

https://3downnation.com/2023/11/28/winnipeg-blue-bombers-sign-nine-including-qb-terry-wilson-jr/

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Not going to help Buck much when your suggested qb. is flat on his ass most of the time because of a porous O Line....Something I hope Buck is mulling over carefully IF he decides to sign on there....Big uphill for anyone signing there

and to correct that immediately will take big dollars....raping other areas of the team...and thats only if any quality top notch o-line guys make it to FA...and that in itself is rare....and Oday has shown he has no clue in drafting any, or finding any imports...Adding a new HC and a QB with potential...but not proven by any stretch isn't turning that turd around

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and to correct that immediately will take big dollars....raping other areas of the team...and thats only if any quality top notch o-line guys make it to FA...and that in itself is rare....and Oday has shown he has no clue in drafting any, or finding any imports...Adding a new HC and a QB with potential...but not proven by any stretch isn't turning that turd around

Yep. I"d say the Riders need to go with 3 imports on the OL, like the Bombers did not that long ago.  But who's going to find good ones? Sure as cuss not O'Day.

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed nine players, including American quarterback Terry Wilson Jr.

The six-foot-three, 207-pound passer originally committed to the University of Oregon, though he transferred to Garden City Community College following his redshirt freshman season. He played one season with the Broncbusters before moving on to the University of Kentucky and the University of New Mexico.

The native of Oklahoma City, Okla. started 31 games with the Wildcats and Lobos, completing 63.2 percent of his passes for 4,501 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 16 interceptions. He also carried the ball 307 times for 1,062 yards and 11 touchdowns.

The 25-year-old attended rookie minicamp with the Dallas Cowboys after going unselected in the 2022 NFL Draft. He spent the 2022 season with the Houston Gamblers of the USFL, appearing in six games and making one start.

The Blue Bombers also signed American receivers Bryce Mitchell and Ontaria Wilson as well as American defensive linemen Nate Givhan and Jamal Woods.

Mitchell made 70 receptions for 1,297 yards and 11 touchdowns over 52 games at the University of Toledo. The six-foot-three, 210-pound target was named second-team All-MAC in 2019 after leading the Rockets in receiving yards.

Wilson made 108 catches for 1,521 yards and 12 touchdowns over 51 games at Florida State University. The native of Ashburn, Ga. also recorded seven carries for 57 yards and one touchdown along the ground.

Givhan spent a portion of the 2023 season on Winnipeg’s practice roster, though he didn’t dress for any regular season games. The six-foot-two, 239-pound edge rusher made 97 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and one interception over 47 collegiate games at the University of Toledo.

Woods made 78 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, three pass knockdowns, and one forced fumble over 49 collegiate games at the University of Illinois. The six-foot-two, 290-pound interior defender went unselected in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Winnipeg has also brought back four Canadian players who were selected in the 2023 CFL Draft, including running back Jonathan Rosery, defensive lineman Collin Kornelson, linebacker Max Charbonneau, and defensive back Bret MacDougall.

Rosery, who also plays slotback, led the Alberta Golden Bears in receiving yardage this past season, making 32 catches for 440 yards and three touchdowns. The five-foot-eight, 199-pound native of Edmonton was taken in the seventh round.

Kornelson made 17 total tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery playing along the interior of the defensive line for the Manitoba Bisons. The fifth-round pick missed three of the club’s games due to injury.

Charbonneau won the President’s Award as the outstanding stand-up defensive player in the OUA this past year while playing for the Ottawa Gee-Gees. The eighth-round pick made 62 total tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and one blocked kick.

MacDougall made 30.5 total tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery this past season with the Windsor Lancers. The sixth-round pick helped the club win a home playoff game for the first time since 1975.

https://3downnation.com/2023/11/28/winnipeg-blue-bombers-sign-nine-including-qb-terry-wilson-jr/

Wilson is an interesting one. Larger pigrome Esq guy. Doesn’t have great down field passing ability but better short and intermediate than you would expect for such a dynamic runner who bounced around a lot. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

tbh you could fix an ol real fast if you flipped ratio real hard. Start 3 ol and run a heavy 6man set full time or 4 with just 5 and things would improve fast.  Just no one wants to do that and flip extra WRs, RBs etc to ni. 

12 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Yep. I"d say the Riders need to go with 3 imports on the OL, like the Bombers did not that long ago.  But who's going to find good ones? Sure as cuss not O'Day.

Beat me to it. I think that’s the min but ya. 
 Just poach ex bomber imp ol pr guys that’s what most of the league seems to be doing lol. 

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe that one can like MOS as our head coach, not want anybody else and be frustrated by his roster management. Much like one can be a Supreme Court Justice and a seedy make stripper.

Of course I know him, he’s me. lol 

I think the key with mos is walters/wade has to keep him and the coaching staff in line. Know their weaknesses and off set it. Can’t roster Jackson every game for 5 snaps 2-3 good when he’s not under contract.  

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Not cutting Zach, regardless.

Nope, if any thing trade. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Random thought... Brown leaves town and we cut Zach and sign Nathan Rourke?  

can’t see it. If he was back next year he’d be trying to go south the following off season again. No stability. And that’s if he doesn’t sophomore flop to hell. I’d rather run with brown and Strev for less combined. 

7 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I was very confident he wasn’t going anywhere. Buck will be the Bombers next HC when the time comes. 

Like Walters said in his press conference, the goal when he became GM was to have the same kind of continuity and success that Calgary was seeing at the time.  Huffnagel was coach with Dickensen in the wings... we have O'Shea as coach with Buck in the wings.

Love the continuity that should keep us rolling to more successful seasons.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Prolly similar to how most of us feel about friesen but more so. 

Good hire for the riders, it’ll be interesting to see how he fairs. 

At least Friesen is right once in a while... he can be obnoxious sometimes (alot of the time), but he's definitely not as bad as Ballsy.

18 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

We have a few on here like that...........

Like one poster told me I was advocating for the Bombers to move on from Collaros, even though I've never said that. And when I asked them to prove I had posted something like that, they just vanished and pretended like they never accused me of doing that.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Like one poster told me I was advocating for the Bombers to move on from Collaros, even though I've never said that. And when I asked them to prove I had posted something like that, they just vanished and pretended like they never accused me of doing that.

Careful, Festivus is still 24 days away. Don't prematurely air your grievances.