3 stars plus hh bc sucks bombers back to the gc

wbbfan

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Kyrie Cole and clements combined for 8 tackles 4 sacks 1 pick 

The Jeff’s 4 tackles 4 sacks 1 ff two pass knock downs 

the dbs played real well too 

That's good, we will need these guys to continue to play at this level next week. Do it for Biggie

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Edited by BBlink

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I bet they add another rush end if Bighill is down so in some weird way we probably have a better mix in the front 7.

Finishing with Habba on the active roster instead of the pr would let us retain his rights too. Man having him rotate would be huge. Fox would be a big win too. 

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

yeah my thoughts at Haba goes in without Bighill. 

Honestly I'm not really worried about missing Bighill. Clements and Cole are doing well out there and Bighill is showing his age. 

Haba would be nice… I’m thinking Rose will check in for Biggie... but I guess in terms of opponent, more D-line might be the better strategic play

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I bet they add another rush end if Bighill is down so in some weird way we probably have a better mix in the front 7.

If he is out...which is likely...we likely dress Fox....as to really swallow up the Faj

Our 3 backer wilson...cole and clements were lights out...fast...active....I have no worries whatsoever there...Biggie is a big loss, but we have the guys to hold it down...and as we saw...dominate....MTL is not even close to as good an offence to what BC is......so we play like we did...I see a very good day on Sunday

31 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Perhaps it's recency bias, the free clappers, or sitting in a different section (I was in accessible seating in the end zone), but that was the loudest atmosphere from start to finish that I can remember.

In my mind Banjo Bowl this year was louder. I think the cold air burns out some voices faster, mine was giving out last night and the single sided clapper wasn’t much help (damn non cold resistant plastic). 

Brady O........just a great performance in the first half that set the tone...just a talented beast out there

D L ine for sure........they all stepped up and did what you have to do to beat the leo's....sack the hell out of Vaj

Lawler.........unbelievable catches .....he's like Houdini for some of them... they had no answer for Kenny

1. Brady. Hands down the MOC and should be the MOP even though it will probably go to Kelly who doesn't deserve it.

2. D line. Stayed in their lanes and VAJ had no where to go. Outstanding game.

3. Hallet for the blocked punt, and an honourable mention to whoever kept him upright long enough for the boys to rugby scrum him over the goal line.

HH#1 The sold out crowd was amazing and was loud and proud all game.

HH#2 Eli's dad for the onfield haka after the game. Think I watched it 20 times at least.

6 minutes ago, ddanger said:

1. Brady. Hands down the MOC and should be the MOP even though it will probably go to Kelly who doesn't deserve it.

2. D line. Stayed in their lanes and VAJ had no where to go. Outstanding game.

3. Hallet for the blocked punt, and an honourable mention to whoever kept him upright long enough for the boys to rugby scrum him over the goal line.

HH#1 The sold out crowd was amazing and was loud and proud all game.

HH#2 Eli's dad for the onfield haka after the game. Think I watched it 20 times at least.

That Haka was great...maybe they do a team one to pump up the boys

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

For those wondering, 9 team sacks ties a CFL playoff record, the record overall (including regular season games) is 13. Though team sacks as a statistic have only been tracked by the CFL since 1978.

I recall the Bombers in a playoff game in the early 90s - sacking Damon Allen (Ticats) 9 times.

21 hours ago, White Out said:

I really wonder what happened in that second half that caused our production to crash either way who gives a **** back to the Cup baby

BC was stacking the box and our passing game was jacked up with all the injuries and Woli playing out of position.  I dunno if Buck was play calling to feed Lawler or if Collaros was ignoring everyone else but our passing game just didn't look right.  Was watching Woli waggle and he wasn't hitting the line like a regular CFL slotback would.

Last regular season game when BC stacked the box we killed them with Brady in the flats .... wonder why that wasn't available last night. I kinda wonder if Brady got nicked up ... was weird to see Augustine getting carries in a game that wasn't decided yet ... totally not the Bombers style to sub out the top talent unless it's Prukop coming in....

Edited by johnzo

JA took a few 1st down snaps an BO came right back in...I dont think it was an injury issue

Part of the weird passing I think too was that we didn't use any jet sweep action or receiver motion out of backfield for carries or fake carries to open up the BC defence...was it to preserve Bailey and Demski from any unnecessary extra hits...so they be even healthier if we moved on?? I thinking so

Also ZC I think at times tends to get tunnel vision and focus too much on one guy...there were several occasions BOLO was free and clear and he just didn't even bother to toss to him...one instance that sticks out was that one scramble I think where he slid just shy of the l.o.s...BOLO was wide open in the middle and could have walked in if ZC had looked there

interesting play at 11:40 of the third -- a run by Oliveira against a 7-man front.  Faked a direct snap sweep to Demski that didn't fool the Lions one bit.  No respect for the fake, I think they weren't super concerned about Demski last night.

Edited by johnzo