3 stars plus hh turning cowtown info browntown

wbbfan

SteakTips Prime Cut of the Week

------------------------------------

Rasheed Bailey

Was deemed expendable in FA and the guy swallows his pride to come back and be with his team and team mates, making less than what he should. The guy blocks his heart out and whenever the ball comes his way he makes plays. Great run and score this week which was not only talent, but all heart. Does not look out of place whenever he is on the field and is one of several reasons why the loss of Schoen is not as impactful as it could be. Bombers are deep when they can look to a guy like that when one of the main weapons goes down.

8 hours ago, SteakTips said:

SteakTips Prime Cut of the Week

------------------------------------

Rasheed Bailey

Was deemed expendable in FA and the guy swallows his pride to come back and be with his team and team mates, making less than what he should. The guy blocks his heart out and whenever the ball comes his way he makes plays. Great run and score this week which was not only talent, but all heart. Does not look out of place whenever he is on the field and is one of several reasons why the loss of Schoen is not as impactful as it could be. Bombers are deep when they can look to a guy like that when one of the main weapons goes down.

I will be 90 (hopefully get there) and will be talking about Rasheed Bailey like he was the  reason for every ring during this period. 

The self confidence that man has knowing he will be getting paid back 10 fold for the discount he is taking this year and hopefully more is amazing. Pretty sure he knows his payday will come after he is retired.

9 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I will be 90 (hopefully get there) and will be talking about Rasheed Bailey like he was the  reason for every ring during this period. 

The self confidence that man has knowing he will be getting paid back 10 fold for the discount he is taking this year and hopefully more is amazing. Pretty sure he knows his payday will come after he is retired.

Are you talking about some kind of reward in heaven **** here?

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Bailey is a true legit Bomber...a lot of what they are as a team stems from him and how he worked his butt off in 2019 to get on active roster 

If Walters can't pony up a decent bump to hold him I think Bailey walks after this season, especially if he wins his 3rd GC ring.  Rings are nice but they don't make up for lost salary.  Don't know how much another team would offer him but he can probably be signed for $140k.  Eventually some other team is going to see the benefits of adding his grit and drive to their roster and seriously go after him.

Edited by Fatty Liver

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If Walters can't pony up a decent bump to hold him I think Bailey walks after this season, especially if he wins his 3rd GC ring.  Rings are nice but they don't make up for lost salary.  Don't know how much another team would offer him but he can probably be signed for $140k.  Eventually some other team is going to see the benefits of adding his grit and drive to their roster and seriously go after him.

they did last year! I believe the numbers was around 150k offered by the Riders but he turned it down to stay in Winnipeg. I do believe he said that he was hoping to prove himself this year and put up stats that would get him a lot of offers, but he absolutely was given a big offer last year and turned it down. Because who the **** wants to live in Saskatchewan.....

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Yeah maybe.  He's on the wrong side of 30 now.  Eventually going to have a year with a lot of new blood here.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

they did last year! I believe the numbers was around 150k offered by the Riders but he turned it down to stay in Winnipeg. I do believe he said that he was hoping to prove himself this year and put up stats that would get him a lot of offers, but he absolutely was given a big offer last year and turned it down. Because who the **** wants to live in Saskatchewan.....

I don't think he received many offers elsewhere, so he decided to stay put.  I'd be very surprised if the Riders offered him $150k and he said no, suspect the Bombers are paying him around $110-120k.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I love having Bailey on the team... but I much prefer having Schoen , Lawler, Demski over him.    If he's willing to stay at the same pay then all more power to him.   

In my mind, Lawler is nice to have, Bailey is a must have. If we can only have one I would chose Bailey. 

On 2023-10-28 at 6:29 AM, BBlink said:

At this point we either keep Dru Brown or we get a 1st round pick to trade his negotiation rights. I'd much rather keep him but the alternative is a good consolation. There's going to be multiple teams wanting to go after him.

No one will trade for Brown especially a canadian first rounder as he's a free agent in February. He's gone. after the season is over. 

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Lawler is great but Bailey inspires greatness in others. We can likely afford Bailey and Schoen, I don’t know how we afford a Lawler and Schoen. Schoen is the future, we need to retail him. 

Why can't we afford Schoen? It'll be time to break up some of the core & get younger in order to replenish the roster. No way we're returning next season with so many of the aame players.

7 hours ago, GCJenks said:

In my mind, Lawler is nice to have, Bailey is a must have. If we can only have one I would chose Bailey. 

So you don't want arguably the best receiver in the league and would rather have a guy who averages 600 yards per season instead?

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No one will trade for Brown especially a canadian first rounder as he's a free agent in February

I think the idea is that we trade his negotiation rights before free agency in order to allow another team the chance to sign him before free agency starts.  That's how we got Drew Willy, we traded Jade Etienne to get his rights before the 2014 free agency season was underway.

Whether we could get a high first seems like a question.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

So you don't want arguably the best receiver in the league and would rather have a guy who averages 600 yards per season instead?

I believe the best receiver in the league will be Schoen for the next few years, it doesn’t make sense to me to pay $500K plus for two #1 receivers. There are only so many touches a single player can get in a game and Iwould much rather have Schoen and Bailey for $400k.