Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't buy that at all, creative players will take advantage of the extra open space, grinders will ***** and complain they can't clutch and grab.

No because defenders will still defend the same parts of the ice, ie, the front of the bet leaving all sorts of room on the outside for players to **** around in. It does not make the game any more exciting just more perimeter play. Smaller rink there is less uncontested room so you're forcing guys to make plays towards the dangerous parts. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Has anyone in the media even asked about Schoen? All I have seen is "not at practice".

Yes, in Tait's piece from yesterday, Osh was asked if he had any update on Schoen and his answer was.......and I'm quoting here.... "Nope." 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think that means he isn't playing, but what do I know.

Osh will NEVER reveal a player's injury situation. All he said in addition to "Nope" on the update, was that they're confident they have a lot of really good players who understand the entire offense from all the angles, so they can step up and play any of the receiver positions. 

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Was at the game tonight and the Jets need to start looking at what the Bombers are doing there is no comparison between the two. Also, I got a hot dog and bottled drink it was $17 at IG Field I could have got 4 hot dogs and a large drink for that price. 

I had a "Jets Dog" last year at the Teemu game against Anaheim and it was awful.  Totally burned bun, flavorless too.  Not buying one of those again.

21 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I think you're being obtuse or simply ignorant of the hockey world if you claim not to be aware of the expectations of the Jets 3-4 years ago.

Obtuse nothing, the jets were never seen as a perennial contender after their good season. Maybe by over excited jets homers,  but no one seriously believed that team was at that level.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Obtuse nothing, the jets were never seen as a perennial contender after their good season. Maybe by over excited jets homers,  but no one seriously believed that team was at that level.

The Jets were considered a cup contender and definitely in the Top 10 and some top 5 lists in 2018-19. That's an easily verifiable fact. Those articles and previews are still on the inter-web, 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Clueeeeeeless. Those Oilers though, those are the REAL contenders, amirite. No homerism amongst that fanbase getting shelled year after year without addressing any of the same issues

Edited by Dr Zaius

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Jets were considered a cup contender and definitely in the Top 10 and some top 5 lists in 2018-19. That's an easily verifiable fact. Those articles and previews are still on the inter-web, 

The riders were considered contenders similarly during our reign. The jets are the rough riders of the nhl, fan base and all. 

Edited by wbbfan

18 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Washed down with a watery hot chocolate from a styrofoam cup. The good stuff!

yes those were the days, up in the nosebleeds, watching half the game on an old Westinghouse TV as we couldn't see the far side of the rink....munching down gut bomb hotdogs and watery hot chocolate...ahhh....

36 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Those Oilers though, those are the REAL contenders, amirite.

Only if their goaltenders refrain from shitting their pants. Which is an iffy proposition considering what they have. But hey mcdavid and draisailt can outscore a lot of problems so who knows.

Here is the thing, the jets were never more than  dark horse contenders that some people picked to seem edgy.

54 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I heard from a guy who heard it from the horse’s mouth that “he fine”. 

bite me doucher....I heard from players I talked to that he could have continued to play butt used caution and shut him down...He personally said he still wanted to....your schtick is tiresome.....find a hobby

Just like BA....Had a maintenance day...full participant today....u cherry picked part of my comment...omitted a diff part...

and not directed at you @TrueBlue4ever but in this thread... enough Jets talk...they blow...the whole experience there blows

Edited by Booch