Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

A lot of comments are concerning our receivers...IF Schoen is out that's not great BUT we do have other guys who can get it done....Demski,Woli, Lawler and Rasheed and Bolo (if he gets a shot)....AND then there's the force I don't think the Elks can handle at all, and that comes in the form of a bulldozer named Brady O...When we start rolling the antler guys are going to have their hands full....I don't like their chances at staying with us, with as much as we have on the line ...Take them out early and don't let up....

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

A lot of comments are concerning our receivers...IF Schoen is out that's not great BUT we do have other guys who can get it done....Demski,Woli, Lawler and Rasheed and Bolo (if he gets a shot)....AND then there's the force I don't think the Elks can handle at all, and that comes in the form of a bulldozer named Brady O...When we start rolling the antler guys are going to have their hands full....I don't like their chances at staying with us, with as much as we have on the line ...Take them out early and don't let up....

Yup.

We need them thinking early here we go again.

5 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Put Parker or Cole in that position. These upcoming two games should serve as auditions for some of our depth players like them, Eli, Dobson, Haba, and BOLO, to determine if they can step up and secure full-time roles for next season.

Cole at FS would be interesting.
I’d say more auditioning in the last game however. First place is not a lock yet. 

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

as a bomber fan, when I think about this week's game I feel like Rocky Butler has pitched a hammock on my grave. 

This isn't just a trap game, this is a 12' deep tiger pit complete with dung-encrusted punji sticks kind of game.

buuuutt as a CFL / sports fan I like the drama of the nothing-to-lose snake-in-the-grass Elks vs the lots-to-lose Blue Bombers.  This is exactly why I watch the game.

I’m not sure. Injuries or not, Edmonton at home for first place is far different from a trip to Ottawa in the summer. I don’t think anybody’s getting trapped

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

CYg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

We lost to the Riders, Ti Cats & the RedBlacks all with rookie qbs. Yet, let's keep thinking the Elks have no chance. They do. We have to play hard the next 2 games to make sure we wrap up first place & have the WDF played at IG Field. Nothing is a guarantee. 

20 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was at the Jets game tonight. Every time I go to a Jets game, I wish I had gone to 3 Bomber games instead. Maybe I just don't like hockey as much as I thought I did.

Maybe. But the NHL season is 82 games long and even the best teams don't show up sometimes. And fan engagement at hockey games is **** tier. Fans play a real part in a football game

9 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was at the Jets game tonight. Every time I go to a Jets game, I wish I had gone to 3 Bomber games instead. Maybe I just don't like hockey as much as I thought I did.

I hear ya. Spending more for a Saturday Leafs/Bruins game in December than I have all season for the Boatmen.

Yes of course any team can win on any given day... but here's few stats to chew on over the last three seasons...

- Bombers coming off a bye: 7-0... 9-0 if you include playoffs
- Bomber against Edmonton: 7-0
- 2021 first place clincher against BC: Bomber 45 - Lions 0
- 2022 first place clincher against Edm: Bombers 48 - Elks 11

I like their chances... despite all the legitimate reasons to be nervous...

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

It will relax me. I'll know that the last game doesn't matter and I can plan stuff for the 4th.

11th.... 4th is already locked up and you could plan for that, if you like, but I wouldn't....

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

that's really the point I've had most of this season... I just don't trust this team game in and game out. You never know who's going to show up. I know they keep saying Collaros's numbers are as good as last year but it feels like he's had way more turnovers this year, Lawler isn't necessarily playing up to expectations, the D has been very soft at times...... so I'm not saying that Edmonton is FOR SURE going to smoke us, just saying it's a possibility. 

Agreed. It just doesn't feel the same as previous years