Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

Win and we can rest next week. It’s that simple. No excuses not to come out after the bye and play with a sense of urgency. Hopefully nothing too serious with Schoen and we can give him three weeks to get better. That’s why we brought in a Kenny Lawler so he can step up in a situation like this. Still have a deep receiving core! 

With the way Parker has gotten his feet under him, and the physical presence he’s added in the secondary, they need to keep him in the lineup.

I don’t put a lot of faith in the Schoen talk but he’s taken such a beating this year it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it finally caught up to him.

Best case scenario, BC drops their game and we have an opportunity to get people healthy but there’s no way I’m banking on that.  

Our fate is ours to control .. at this point in the season, that’s all you can ever ask for.

23 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

IF BA can't go could Parker be considered at S, he seems to be physical and fast....no idea about the other tangibles.

Put Parker or Cole in that position. These upcoming two games should serve as auditions for some of our depth players like them, Eli, Dobson, Haba, and BOLO, to determine if they can step up and secure full-time roles for next season.

38 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The only thing I've seen about Schoen being done for the year are people online saying "I've heard he's done for the year". Never anyone who could even be called a reporter, never mind an insider.

And given the nature of the mafia, I wouldn’t believe it as a rumour from a reporter or insider. They aren’t leaking that kind of info. 

52 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

IF BA can't go could Parker be considered at S, he seems to be physical and fast....no idea about the other tangibles.

Also an opportunity to play Hallett for the last two games and adjust the ratio elsewhere.  Hope to god BA is healthy for the playoffs, the secondary needs his composure and guidance.

12 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So on Facebook someone said they are friends with a guy that golfs with Walters and Walters told him Schoen has an ankle injury and might be back for the playoffs.

Got that feel of 'My friends ex girlfriends daughter who owns a dog that is friends with another dog whose owner golfs with a higher up from the Bombers who believes DS is done for the year'.

Seriously though DS has taken a huge beating this year so who the hell knows. We're going to find out sooner than later unless of course MOS dances around it until the last possible moment he can, i.e.,opening kickoff at the Grey Cup game.   

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Guess it doesn't matter much for this game but would prefer they give BOLO reps over McCrae.  This is a case were they could adjust the ratio to make changes elsewhere but probably won't take advantage of the opportunity.

yeah....Mcrae in is dumb.....use a legit reciever, and not a gimick convert guy....Bolo and use an American elsewhere.....Agudosi would have been ideal, to give him a heavy workload and see hat he does with it...but oh yeah we punted our only real legit receiver with

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

He's probably our fastest guy....best tackler and quickest guy closing on a play, as he is most fluid

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

With the way Parker has gotten his feet under him, and the physical presence he’s added in the secondary, they need to keep him in the lineup.

I don’t put a lot of faith in the Schoen talk but he’s taken such a beating this year it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it finally caught up to him.

Best case scenario, BC drops their game and we have an opportunity to get people healthy but there’s no way I’m banking on that.  

Our fate is ours to control .. at this point in the season, that’s all you can ever ask for.

he did that in 8 games last yr, and was the likely starting HB until injury in TC

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

grumble grumble....

coming off a bye week and maybe a little too relaxed considering the opposition Sat......Bad mistake to treat that team lightly ....we know what has happened in games against lesser opponents in a few games this year....I'm sure we'll get back on track as far as the receiving dept' goes......we better 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Edmonton can ABSOLUTELY beat us (I'd go so far as to say could THUMP us) if the Bombers don't come out firing on all cylinders...

The 4-13 Elks are going to thump the first place team in the West coming off the bye, playing at home; with a chance to clinch the West? Wow we really are spoiled. The negativity lately on a team that’s likely going to win 13/14 games is crazy. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

*could

thankyou - you'd have to have not been watching this year, especially when we play teams well below us in the standings. Not to mention what happened the last time we played the Elks (granted we figured it out in the second half, but I'm just saying IT COULD happen...) 

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Edmonton can ABSOLUTELY beat us (I'd go so far as to say could THUMP us) if the Bombers don't come out firing on all cylinders...

We must keep Ford contained within the pocket (shoutout to speedsters Brian Cole and Jamal Parker) and force him to rely on his arm. If he manages to break outside the tackles, our core team's speed isn't what it used to be, and he could keep Edmonton in the game by scrambling for yardage.

If luck happens to favor Edmonton during the game, it's a real cause for concern, they've looked much improved in weeks passed. But let's all radiate positivity into the ether this week to shift the luck equation in favor of the blue and gold.