Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

6 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

We must keep Ford contained within the pocket (shoutout to speedsters Brian Cole and Jamal Parker) and force him to rely on his arm. If he manages to break outside the tackles, our core team's speed isn't what it used to be, and he could keep Edmonton in the game by scrambling for yardage.

If luck happens to favor Edmonton during the game, it's a real cause for concern, they've looked much improved in weeks passed. But let's all radiate positivity into the ether this week to shift the luck equation in favor of the blue and gold.

Chasing Ford around the backfield is a sure way to exhaust a limited D-line rotation, better to contain him and force him to throw downfield with an emphasis on zone coverage.

35 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The 4-13 Elks are going to thump the first place team in the West coming off the bye, playing at home; with a chance to clinch the West? Wow we really are spoiled. The negativity lately on a team that’s likely going to win 13/14 games is crazy. 

It's actually, The Since Ford, 4-4 Elks team. They have the type of QB who has given the Bombers Defense fits all year. So yes. They could beat WPG. Also it's pro sports. Any given sunday (or Saturday in this case).

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If Schoen is out, I am even more terrified to be honest. The way Zach has been playing this year, Dalton out means more forcing it to Lawler who hasn't been all that open this year.

I think if Lawler is playing Schoen's spot on the field, he absolutely rips the Elks a new ******* and goes off for 200+ yds. Demmer is due for a big game, too. We'd absolutely miss Schoen, but we have enough pieces to beat the Elks if we show up and play like we can. 

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Chasing Ford around the backfield is a sure way to exhaust a limited D-line rotation, better to contain him and force him to throw downfield with an emphasis on zone coverage.

Absolutely, execution of this game plan is a must as Ford has shown he has the ability to make this quite difficult no matter the D's intention.

25 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

No but saying we could get thumped by a 4-13 team at home while coming out of a bye with first place on the line is a ridiculously pessimist take. 

Maybe a bit but as longtime lifelong Bomber fans we're never comfortable until the larger person sings. It's habitual more than pessimistic.

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

On a positive note looks like it may be another sell-out. Looks like there are probably between 1500 and 1000 tickets left.

I've been wondering about that. Great news, considering the time of year. Even getting north of 30k is fantastic. The team is going to make a pile of cash this year. Curious how playoff tickets are selling...

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Knowing Osh, Nick Hallett would go in at Safety.... I'm not sure if they could get both BOLO and McRae on the roster, but that would be best case scenario, on the receiver front. If you could use both depending on the package, that could be interesting. 

I see that we have added Noah Hallet to the PR today

1 minute ago, ddanger said:

I see that we have added Noah Hallet to the PR today

as mentioned elsewhere on here, yes... but that's just to practice. He's still likely a ways out.... coming off a pretty serious rehab and what not. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The 4-13 Elks are going to thump the first place team in the West coming off the bye, playing at home; with a chance to clinch the West? Wow we really are spoiled. The negativity lately on a team that’s likely going to win 13/14 games is crazy. 

Yet, we lost to a sub .300 team who had a 3rd string QB making his very FIRST start...

If we could take of that, why should anyone be iron clad in their assurance of a victory next game- regardless of whats on the line.

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Yet, we lost to a sub .300 team who had a 3rd string QB making his very FIRST start...

If we couldn't take care of that, why should anyone be iron clad in their assurance of a victory next game- regardless of whats on the line.

that's really the point I've had most of this season... I just don't trust this team game in and game out. You never know who's going to show up. I know they keep saying Collaros's numbers are as good as last year but it feels like he's had way more turnovers this year, Lawler isn't necessarily playing up to expectations, the D has been very soft at times...... so I'm not saying that Edmonton is FOR SURE going to smoke us, just saying it's a possibility. 

as a bomber fan, when I think about this week's game I feel like Rocky Butler has pitched a hammock on my grave. 

This isn't just a trap game, this is a 12' deep tiger pit complete with dung-encrusted punji sticks kind of game.

buuuutt as a CFL / sports fan I like the drama of the nothing-to-lose snake-in-the-grass Elks vs the lots-to-lose Blue Bombers.  This is exactly why I watch the game.

Edited by johnzo

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's really the point I've had most of this season... I just don't trust this team game in and game out. You never know who's going to show up. I know they keep saying Collaros's numbers are as good as last year but it feels like he's had way more turnovers this year, Lawler isn't necessarily playing up to expectations, the D has been very soft at times...... so I'm not saying that Edmonton is FOR SURE going to smoke us, just saying it's a possibility. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Imo if the Elks somehow beat us (not likely but can happen) it won't be a smoke. It will be close.

It will either be we in full control or a loose Elk team taking it to the wire. 

25 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

If we could take of that, why should anyone be iron clad in their assurance of a victory next game- regardless of whats on the line.

And to Dolegala, who hasn't won since. And to Powell, who has since moved to third string.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Imo if the Elks somehow beat us (not likely but can happen) it won't be a smoke. It will be close.

It will either be we in full control or a loose Elk team taking it to the wire. 

Montreal beat them handily under the same conditions. But as Noeller said, I don't trust this years team.

24 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Understandable but look, I’ve been to seven home games this season. We’re 7-0 in those games. I’ve seen the Bombers beat the Lions by nearly 40, the Riders by 45, the ALS by 30 plus, I understand any given Sunday but I’ve seen a lot of good football as bad as posters are saying we’re playing we have the least amount of points given up in the CFL, and were averaging over 32 PPG on offense. That game against Ottawa was the perfect storm of kicking ourselves in the foot and maybe letting off the brakes when we had a lead. I’m going to give us the benefit of the doubt that we’ve learned a lot since a July football game, and that we’re going to come out focused and bring our best against Edmonton to wrap up first.