Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

13 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was at the Jets game tonight. Every time I go to a Jets game, I wish I had gone to 3 Bomber games instead. Maybe I just don't like hockey as much as I thought I did.

Was at the game tonight and the Jets need to start looking at what the Bombers are doing there is no comparison between the two. Also, I got a hot dog and bottled drink it was $17 at IG Field I could have got 4 hot dogs and a large drink for that price. 

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Was at the game tonight and the Jets need to start looking at what the Bombers are doing there is no comparison between the two. Also, I got a hot dog and bottled drink it was $17 at IG Field I could have got 4 hot dogs and a large drink for that price. 

Brent Bellamy was on Twitter commenting on the small crowds at Jets games. People were explaining why they wouldn't go anymore...typical stuff like too expensive, boring game experience, mediocre hockey team, downtown safety etc etc....and he would just brush them all off as "that's a weird excuse" "That wouldn't be a problem in a real hockey town" or something along those lines and it just exemplified the Jets organization to me. I know he doesn't work for True North, but the entitlement that they have with peoples money....like..."we're here, you HAVE to come watch! and if you don't you're not a real fan!"

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Simple facts are the NHL is ******* expensive... it's no wonder that as people are seeing their disposable income shrink that places like nhl arenas will be the first to feel it.

Could have picked up tickets on the secondary market for as cheap or cheaper than a Bomber game.  Season tickets, the price argument holds water, but for single games these days it is pretty comparable.

St. Louis on Oct 24, I can sit in the upper deck for $33, or the lower bowl in the attacking zone for $99.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Could have picked up tickets on the secondary market for as cheap or cheaper than a Bomber game.  Season tickets, the price argument holds water, but for single games these days it is pretty comparable.

St. Louis on Oct 24, I can sit in the upper deck for $33, or the lower bowl in the attacking zone for $99.

But as discussed, Bombers are better value for money so why spend that disposable income on a meaningless early nhl game? 

All these sporting events need to stop pretending people justbhave money to show up regardless. It's disgusting how much it costs to go to an arena these days and even try and buy food on top of the tickets.

33 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Wasn't long ago it was the other way around.....

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Picking up tickets on the secondary market doesn't help attendance, tho.

You're just picking up tix from season ticket holders who've already paid for their seats. 

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Picking up tickets on the secondary market doesn't help attendance, tho.

You're just picking up tix from season ticket holders who've already paid for their seats. 

I totally agree. The point I am making is that if people are having trouble selling even those tickets on the secondary market for Bomber prices (which they are...I am a season ticket holder and so far I can't even give them away), what does that say about about how the fan base views the Jets? Do the fans hate the organization that much? Is it really all down to the perceived entertainment value vs. the Bombers? Or do we just not have that many hockey fans?

Bomber walk up tickets for the same price (or more) are selling. Jets tickets are not.

This thread has derailed a bit, but the comparison to the Bombers is at least somewhat topical.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I totally agree. The point I am making is that if people are having trouble selling even those tickets on the secondary market for Bomber prices (which they are...I am a season ticket holder and so far I can't even give them away), what does that say about about how the fan base views the Jets? Do the fans hate the organization that much? Is it really all down to the perceived entertainment value vs. the Bombers? Or do we just not have that many hockey fans?

Bomber walk up tickets for the same price (or more) are selling. Jets tickets are not.

This thread has derailed a bit, but the comparison to the Bombers is at least somewhat topical.

I think it's matter of expectations. After 2019, the Jets were expected to be regular Stanley Cup contenders; but instead, pretty much fell flat on their faces and became a bubble play-off team. Fair or not, they earned the perception of a team that wasn't trying.

Just now, Jesse said:

I think it's matter of expectations. After 2019, the Jets were expected to be regular Stanley Cup contenders; but instead, pretty much fell flat on their faces and became a bubble play-off team. Fair or not, they earned the perception of a team that wasn't trying.

I won't spend money on the Jets because you can't count on how they will play. Last time I went, they just didn't care and the game was horrible. Ticket and concession prices don't reflect the effort that the team (organization and players) puts in. 

The Jets are so obviously poorly run compared to the Bombers.

They have won absolutely nothing yet barely make changes. I'm not even asking for a Stanley Cup parade, they never look like they'll make significant improvement as a fringe playoff team. They are a treadmill team and I think unfortunately the attendance reflects that. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Brent Bellamy was on Twitter commenting on the small crowds at Jets games. People were explaining why they wouldn't go anymore...typical stuff like too expensive, boring game experience, mediocre hockey team, downtown safety etc etc....and he would just brush them all off as "that's a weird excuse" "That wouldn't be a problem in a real hockey town" or something along those lines and it just exemplified the Jets organization to me. I know he doesn't work for True North, but the entitlement that they have with peoples money....like..."we're here, you HAVE to come watch! and if you don't you're not a real fan!"

The NHL tries to create artificial excitement with pre-game sound and light shows, which is annoying as hell.  All they need to do to make hockey the greatest game again is do away with the grinders, open up the game by expanding to Intl. sized ice or reduce players on the ice to 4.  Bring back that high-flyin' 80's hockey.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The NHL tries to create artificial excitement with pre-game sound and light shows, which is annoying as hell.  All they need to do to make hockey the greatest game again is do away with the grinders, open up the game by expanding to Intl. sized ice or reduce players on the ice to 4.  Bring back that high-flyin' 80's hockey.

agreed. I honestly find NHL hockey to be fairly boring. Especially live.

37 minutes ago, JCon said:

Last time I went, they just didn't care a

and, players dumping on the fans. 

and maybe dont flee the Peg the day after the last game of the season.

be like buff...

seen in the hotel at Petersfield. 

also, the NHL season is much too long.  right now, I am not interested.

Edited by Mark F