Bombers @ Stamps : Week of Aug 18 Thread

Noeller

26 minutes ago, Stickem said:

What the hell universe are these yokels reviewing in.....I have totally lost confidence in anything they have to say....That was a bloody penalty and they know it.....Trying to bull$hit and save face at Zack's and our expense....garbage

Worst part was their “explanation” was… we reviewed it and decided we were right,  end of story

Just now, Geebrr said:

I think we beat the piss out of them. 

pretty sure we will...and should....but won't like the roster config until we roster..7...8 "quality" dlineman like every other damn team....and utilize the Nationalized rule....like every other damn team....we been winning yeah sure.....but some games in a scary and almost lucky fashion....and there is no reason to be skirtting that line

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

pretty sure we will...and should....but won't like the roster config until we roster..7...8 "quality" dlineman like every other damn team....and utilize the Nationalized rule....like every other damn team....we been winning yeah sure.....but some games in a scary and almost lucky fashion....and there is no reason to be skirtting that line

BC goes way too hard on DL and we go too light. 

Should probably find a happy medium. 

17 hours ago, BBlink said:

In my mind Zach is 75 percent for this Fridays game. Mostly because I think it would take a lot to keep him out. 

If we were three wins and four losses at this stage, I think we get him to play ASAP but we have a buffer with our record so get him as healthy as possible before putting him back into the line of fire.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If we were three wins and four losses at this stage, I think we get him to play ASAP but we have a buffer with our record so get him as healthy as possible before putting him back into the line of fire.

Disagree. We are tied for first in the west. We want to be first, not 2nd. This team will put their starting QB in if it's safe to do so. Every game matters.

Just now, BBlink said:

Disagree. We are tied for first in the west. We want to be first, not 2nd. This team will put their starting QB in if it's safe to do so. Every game matters.

Fair enough. Yes every game matters. I just think with ZC's history of injuries we use our current record to our advantage knowing and balancing that with winning every game and making the playoffs is always goal number one.

buncha bullshit for Friday, I tell ya.............

Thu, 17 Aug Sunny. High 35. UV index 7 or high.
Night Increasing cloudiness. Low 15.
Fri, 18 Aug Rain. High 16.
Night Periods of rain. Low 6.
Sat, 19 Aug Sunny. High 17.
Night Clear. Low plus 5.
Sun, 20 Aug Sunny. High 22.
Night Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 10.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

buncha bullshit for Friday, I tell ya.............

Thu, 17 Aug Sunny. High 35. UV index 7 or high.
Night Increasing cloudiness. Low 15.
Fri, 18 Aug Rain. High 16.
Night Periods of rain. Low 6.
Sat, 19 Aug Sunny. High 17.
Night Clear. Low plus 5.
Sun, 20 Aug Sunny. High 22.
Night Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 10.

How's the smoke over there? Winnipeg has been a bit smokey the past few days.

They even cancelled the racing at the Assiniboia Downs last night due to the poor air quality.

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

How's the smoke over there? Winnipeg has been a bit smokey the past few days.

They even cancelled the racing at the Assiniboia Downs last night due to the poor air quality.

Yeah, I saw that online.... it's hazy here, but I don't think as bad as you guys have it. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

if we add a guy...I can totally see Osh adding Shmuckel....just cause he a Canadian they drafted...lol

Mills and Carey together....with zero quality depth to rotate in makes me feel very uneasy...Bennet prob had his best game of yr last game, but hey it was the Elks, so who knows if thats just a direct result of the competition....even so....still not good enough depth, especially if one of the Jeff's goes down

The running backs are decent, but the O-line which is supposed to open holes for them is sub-par. If Maier can't get it done with his arm, it ain't gonna get done.

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

It's currently raining dry pine needles and ash in central BC right now, visibility down to about 200 ft.  I should probably pack the car.

Good luck- having a "go bag" is a common sense precaution.

34 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Every game makes me nervous. Lest we forget Calgary clobbered Toronto not so long ago, and they are fighting for their playoff lives with Sask. Lets wait to count our chickens.

Clobbered is not how I would describe that game....but yes, any given day in football. And that's why I'm glad the players play and the fans talk :)

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Every game makes me nervous. Lest we forget Calgary clobbered Toronto not so long ago, and they are fighting for their playoff lives with Sask. Lets wait to count our chickens.

I'm nervous too but would not say clobbered, Calgary scored 20 points and 7 came from a ST gaffe by Toronto. Plus Kelly went out early and Dukes is raw.