Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, The Zipp said:

Farewell Piggy - we hardly knew you...you had a HOF preseason effort.

I kinda thought this would happen, in fact, I predicted it a couple months ago. It's a shame about Pigrome but I guess there is still a chance he ends up on the PR.

10 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hmmm...Prukop throws a brain-dead, unscripted interception that costs the Bombers the Grey Cup, bails on them to play in a chickenshit league and is welcomed back????   Okay.....

He was a free agent. Who is turning down an opportunity to make extra income and a chance to start games?

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hmmm...Prukop throws a brain-dead, unscripted interception that costs the Bombers the Grey Cup, bails on them to play in a chickenshit league and is welcomed back????   Okay.....

Who says he bailed on us and who says his interception was unscripted? It was an awful decision, but it was obviously an option on the play call. He made a terrible read, and a terrible throw....but unscripted? I don't think so. Also, as bad as that interception was it was one of a dozen plays that cost us the Grey Cup.

Edited by GCn20

yeah unscripted is just a theory some cling to...so who knows, but also feel it likely wasn't as we did that several times that yr with success......ZC forging thru trying to play when in all honesty he shouldnt have been on the field was the demise there...and even then we still could have won if we had an elite PK

I am ok with this...he can slide right in on the weekend...and it saves Brown from getting hurt on a sneak play....cause say he did prior to this signing...Sure Piggy is exciting and has some upside...but did you want him as the starter if ZC went down for an extended time if Brown got hurt running short yardage???...I certainly didnt.....so now lets focus on the Dline and move forward

33 minutes ago, Tracker said:

He didn’t bail on us, he was a free agent who had a chance to become a starter, he didn’t cost them the grey cup, the bombers cost themselves the grey cup, how do you know it was unscripted? He has the pass run option all season so I doubt it was unscripted, look I’m not a big fan of losing Pigrome either but Prukop helps us win games now as a valuable short yardage guy. 

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah unscripted is just a theory some cling to...so who knows, but also feel it likely wasn't as we did that several times that yr with success......ZC forging thru trying to play when in all honesty he shouldnt have been on the field was the demise there...and even then we still could have won if we had an elite PK

I am ok with this...he can slide right in on the weekend...and it saves Brown from getting hurt on a sneak play....cause say he did prior to this signing...Sure Piggy is exciting and has some upside...but did you want him as the starter if ZC went down for an extended time if Brown got hurt running short yardage???...I certainly didnt.....so now lets focus on the Dline and move forward

The way I see it is that the Bombers have now seen Pigrome for about 6 weeks. They have a pretty good evaluation on him, and have seen his level of progression and his fit in the locker room. They decided to bring back Prukop. Kind of says it all.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Solid short yardage guy versus untapped potential.......looks like a 'win now' move but I hope Pigrome sticks around through this......disheartening for him for sure....We now have the same trio that lost the Cup.....

It is a trio that is the envy of every other CFL club, if they have half a noodle for a brain. No QB trio played better last year. None. If I could pick anyone's QB lineup to build a Grey Cup winning team it would be the Bombers. That's not me being a homer either....just straight up fact.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Solid short yardage guy versus untapped potential.......looks like a 'win now' move but I hope Pigrome sticks around through this......disheartening for him for sure....We now have the same trio that lost the Cup.....

but also got to the cup

1 minute ago, Booch said:

but also got to the cup

true......I just hope nobody picks up Pigrome and he comes back to haunt us....This guy has all kinds of potential....but potential is only good if it's developed.....We're going 'win now' .....hope it works

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

A lot of people seem to forget that Prukop wasn't the only guy to throw a fourth quarter INT in that game...

I don't blame Prukop for the throw. I do think it was a huge mistake for Buck to have that play call in at that point in the game.

Brady was just getting rolling. Should have let him grind it out. 

17 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

Signed a DB as well….

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added American defensive back Tyrique McGhee to the practice roster.

McGhee (5-10, 185, Georgia, August 11, 1998 in Byron, GA) was in training camp with the Bombers this season before being injured and subsequently released. He spent the 2020 season on the L.A. Rams’ practice squad. McGhee played in 50 games with the Georgia Bulldogs at a variety of defensive back positions, recording  53 total tackles, nine pass deflections, two forced fumbles and two interceptions.

also, re: Prukop..... from @DTonOBImage