CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

fwiw....

This caught my attention:

Average game day revenue for the Toronto Argonauts, BC Lions and Montreal Alouettes is up 26 per cent year-over-year through Week 10. Viewership for games involving at least one of these three teams is up 27 per cent in the 25-54 demographic through Week 11. There are also positive signs across the league, with overall game day revenues up 2.3 per cent through Week 10.

There are also positive signs across the league, with overall game day revenues up 2.3 per cent through Week 10.

Kind of like saying you're still stuck in the mud but at least you aren't going in reverse.

That revenue number is not good, not positive.  The business side of my family that sells stuff would be changing strategy and trying to figure out how to convert the other metrics indicating interest to $$$ with year over year numbers like that.

You think of the amount of money someone like Doman has had to pour in to get even a trickle of growth and it's kind of scary in terms of making that sustainable.  I'm not sure how many half million dollar concerts or six figure CNE deals he wants to front to sell a few football tickets.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of like saying you're still stuck in the mud but at least you aren't going in reverse.

That revenue number is not good, not positive.  The business side of my family that sells stuff would be changing strategy and trying to figure out how to convert the other metrics indicating interest to $$$ with year over year numbers like that.

You think of the amount of money someone like Doman has had to pour in to get even a trickle of growth and it's kind of scary in terms of making that sustainable.  I'm not sure how many half million dollar concerts or six figure CNE deals he wants to front to sell a few football tickets.

And he has a very populous city with easy access to one of the nicest stadiums in the league. And now a competitive team to boot too.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Keep in mind. The AB teams are dragging that number down in a big way.

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wouldn't worry too much,  the LOL'ks ate single handedly bringing that average down... once they get back to being competitive,  those numbers will go up considerably. 

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I wouldn't worry too much,  the LOL'ks ate single handedly bringing that average down... once they get back to being competitive,  those numbers will go up considerably. 

If Edmonton was competitive and Calgary got the stadium that team deserved, the league average would jump by 10k. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Until the last couple of years, weren't they consistently one of the league leaders in attendance?

I do remember them being up there. Especially during divisional games. Stadium being a **** box, lack luster teams who seemed to fold at the worst times (playoffs) and an owner who apparently just doesn't give a **** has brought them to what they are now. 

On 2023-08-23 at 6:05 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Keep in mind. The AB teams are dragging that number down in a big way.

Calgary can be a good football city but look at all the former Stamp players around the league. The team can't keep free agents & fans feel that the owner Murray Edwards takes them for granted. Apathy has set in. It's sad to see a team who once had 30,000 season tickets 20 years ago only has just a few thousand today. If they had an owner who cared they'd have 25-30,000 per game. 

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Been trending down for a while while being one of the top teams in the league consistently.  It's not the stadium,  it's calgary.  Toronto wannabe city. Cfl too small time.

Don't necessarily agree. I say necessarily as you're not wrong but there's also other circumstances at play here with bad ownership. 

25 minutes ago, JCon said:

How is week 12 and the CFL website STILL can't get proper stats up? This is such bush-league. 

is it correct to assume that the 1980's pdf format is just until the clowns who are doing the stats and all the other stuff they yapped about get shier sh!t together??

2 hours ago, JCon said:

How is week 12 and the CFL website STILL can't get proper stats up? This is such bush-league. 

I can't believe how they can screw something so simple up.   It is not hard to load info from a database,  they could have a temporary stats list up in days with any average web designer.  

On 2023-08-23 at 3:31 PM, Tracker said:

Amazing, considering that the product on the field is the worst we've seen in years.

??..we lost one home game this year and have been dominating in the others. We are 9-2 on the season, and have the most explosive offence and defence that has really been getting better week in and week out. This is a team that is the most dangerous Bomber team in recent years imo. Heck we can even make mistakes and still win big.

Edited by GCn20

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

??..we lost one home game this year and have been dominating in the others. We are 9-2 on the season, and have the most explosive offence and defence that has really been getting better week in and week out. This is a team that is the most dangerous Bomber team in recent years imo. Heck we can even make mistakes and still win big.

🙄He’s clearly talking about league-wide. Which I’d say is accurate.