2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I doubt that Evans would fit in our salary structure, but I think that if he could get his head straightened out, working under Collaros and O'Shea and the FIFO system would be the place it would happen.

Oh and by the way, just popped over to Riderfans.  Apparently, everything is going to be just fine.

Just curious, anyone ever hear if Walters tries to work within salary limits for each position group? 

Even if he doesn't, the team is limited in terms of what they can pay QB2. 

Stamps losing some major players this off-season.

Toronto Argonauts agree to terms with DE Folarin Orimolade: The Toronto Argonauts have agreed to terms with defensive end Folarin Orimolade, per sources. The 27-year-old pass rusher had a breakout season with the Calgary Stampeders in 2022,… https://3downnation.com/2023/02/09/toronto-argonauts-agree-to-terms-with-de-folarin-orimolade/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter via @JDunk12

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Toronto Argonauts agree to terms with DE Folarin Orimolade: The Toronto Argonauts have agreed to terms with defensive end Folarin Orimolade, per sources. The 27-year-old pass rusher had a breakout season with the Calgary Stampeders in 2022,… https://3downnation.com/2023/02/09/toronto-argonauts-agree-to-terms-with-de-folarin-orimolade/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter via @JDunk12

No! Great player and I dislike the Argos getting stronger.

26 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Had a solid year for sure. But I think the knock on him is his Inability to stay healthy.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The temper tantrums to me with his coaches & teammates tells me that he isn't a great teammate & that he has problems. He can't take on being a starter long term as he just crumbles under the pressure. I can stand a lot watching football but one thing I can't stand are players tossing their teammates under the bus while refusing to take responsibilty themselves. Both Fajardo & Evans are guilty of that.

The 2019 Grey Cup, wow. I've never seen a qb act like that. We all remember Jim Barker trying to calm down Evans & he was throwing a hissy fit on the sidelines. Barker knew he & Evans were on television when that happened & Barker had this. "What the hell are we going to do about this guy??" look on his face. Then last year with his season going south fast, Evans did the same thing. Hissy fits on the field & sidelines. At 25 sure, maybe he'd change. At 29, I don't think so. He's already reached his ceiling for potential. What you see is probably what you're going to get. 

I’ve seen players get emotional countless times, but I have never seen an athlete flat out sobbing like that. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’ve seen players get emotional countless times, but I have never seen an athlete flat out sobbing like that. 

anxiety (mostly the overbearing thought of what others will think of you when you seemingly aren't capable of accomplishing what's expected of you) is an absolute motherfucker....

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

anxiety (mostly the overbearing thought of what others will think of you when you seemingly aren't capable of accomplishing what's expected of you) is an absolute motherfucker....

You know what? That’s a really important point. I forgot he was pretty open about his struggles. As someone with some pretty tough mental wellness issues, I’m the last one who should be judgemental. (Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread earlier) 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

interesting thoughts from Sturgeon Heights OL coach, who believes Kola is going to be the full time 1C for the Bombers...

Couture has come soo far from the undersized 275lbs guy we drafted. He’s excelled and done every thing you could ask. He came back from an injury you wouldn’t think he’d even practice in the same season as.  
 Eli has next level potential. He’s a type of earth mover that no centre in this league is. No nose tackle can buckle him and plant him on the qbs lap. And he has the mobility to easily get to and beyond the second level. Makes total sense to move on from couture and save cash. This is what dynasties do. It’s tough to see great young guys move on but the next guy up will be great too. 

Edited by wbbfan

Kind of surprised Edmonton paid Dunbar and Lewis.  Honestly think they would have been better off with someone like Bailey or Tim White if they wanted to spend next to Mitchell and one of Dunbar/Lewis.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Yeah, I dont know about that... I  think Cornelius is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Top 3 in passing this year- thats my call.

I think that'll be fairly easy if he's healthy.

BC doesn't have a QB.

Sask has a QB that will hit 70 percent of his 4 yard passes.

Calgary has Maier who isn't likely to hit 300 yards a bunch.

BLM is done

Masoli is done

Montreal doesn't have a QB

Who knows who Toronto has at QB

9 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Yeah, I dont know about that... I  think Cornelius is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Top 3 in passing this year- thats my call.

With rourke gone I’m not sure that is a high water mark. Mbt has been top2 for 2 years. 

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of surprised Edmonton paid Dunbar and Lewis.  Honestly think they would have been better off with someone like Bailey or Tim White if they wanted to spend next to Mitchell and one of Dunbar/Lewis.

I think that'll be fairly easy if he's healthy.

BC doesn't have a QB.

Sask has a QB that will hit 70 percent of his 4 yard passes.

Calgary has Maier who isn't likely to hit 300 yards a bunch.

BLM is done

Masoli is done

Montreal doesn't have a QB

Who knows who Toronto has at QB

Bailey would really do well with more passes as a no2 target and the culture bonus having him is huge.