2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

serious??

he had some nice impact plays last yr....more 1st team reps and practice...will give us more than Sayles in my opinion..bigger body and more bullish

I like Ticky Tocker too but I’d still like to see a true NT. Walker and Thomas can rotate. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

That's a huge hit to the Leos... Wow. You love to see it. 

They thought they were gonna clean up in the West with that weenie Rourke. Now, they're signing Dominique Davis as Adams backup. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Give me an old school monster DT to stuff the middle baby. Love me a Sam Adams or Grady Jackson type!

Adams bringing plenty of beef to defensive line – The Denver Postcharles (parodied) mcdonald on Twitter: "another falcons throwback: grady  jackson https://t.co/Epgipe6PYE" / Twitter

We had one but then he didn't like the cold. Wah, wah, wah. 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah only team looking for a qb so where else us he going to go?

Dane Evans is totally ****** .

42 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Not sure if I'd consider this massive news... pretty much the only landing spot left for him.

Count me as tickled pink that the Riders went with Harris instead of Evans. Evans still has some upside and is young. Evans/Fajardo/Harris are all the same guy right now. 6 of one, half a dozen of another, in so far as effectiveness. Only thing is one of them is young and can improve. I don't see the Riders being any better, or the Als being any worse with their switch of QBs. IMO, the Riders best and only option should have been Dane Evans possibly finding his game again. Harris is a loser who can't score points, Fajardo is a loser who can't score points, but at least Evans has demonstrated he can win (2 consecutive GC appearances) and can score so long as he has a decent lineup around him.

Everyone was ragging on Evans play last year, but it really wasn't so bad. The first few games he had a TERRIBLE OL, and then when the TiCats fixed that up their defence went to crap. Over the last 2/3 of the season the Ticats were scoring points though and finishing drives. Some bad interceptions last year by Evans for sure, but a lot of those were chucked in garbage time too when he was trying to force the ball downfield because the time clock said he had to do so.

At the very least Evans, and Harris are about the same calibre of QB with similar styles. Evans has upside, Harris is who he is.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Count me as tickled pink that the Riders went with Harris instead of Evans. Evans still has some upside and is young. Evans/Fajardo/Harris are all the same guy right now. 6 of one, half a dozen of another, in so far as effectiveness. Only thing is one of them is young and can improve. I don't see the Riders being any better, or the Als being any worse with their switch of QBs. IMO, the Riders best and only option should have been Dane Evans possibly finding his game again. Harris is a loser who can't score points, Fajardo is a loser who can't score points, but at least Evans has demonstrated he can win (2 consecutive GC appearances) and can score so long as he has a decent lineup around him.

Yeah but where is he going to find that in Sask?

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Evans imo needs some time behind a guy like collaros. Low expectations, no pressure, just let him hard reset his brain and confidence. He has the talent and he can play very well. It’s just one of the risks of skipping a young guy  far a head so quickly. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Evans imo needs some time behind a guy like collaros. Low expectations, no pressure, just let him hard reset his brain and confidence. He has the talent and he can play very well. It’s just one of the risks of skipping a young guy  far a head so quickly. 

For sure. Lost in everything is that he really is a young QB. He's done a lot at his age already so it is tough to view him as such, but I think he would have been the Riders best bet at potentially securing a franchise guy. Harris is old, and will be lucky if he survives the season behind their OL.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah but where is he going to find that in Sask?

He isn't...and no QB in this league would have a hope of playing really well in Sask. this year.

6 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Are you referring to Stove? He shud have been used to the cold having been from Chicago and playing in Minnesota.

Yeah, Stove, Christ, these guys are out of here by third week of November. Like suck it up for a playoff game. Not impressed.

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. Lost in everything is that he really is a young QB. He's done a lot at his age already so it is tough to view him as such, but I think he would have been the Riders best bet at potentially securing a franchise guy. Harris is old, and will be lucky if he survives the season behind their OL.

The problem is, Evans is one hit away from starting & we don't need the Diva Show & headgames that go with it. I'd take Fajardo over Evans in a heartbeat. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd take Fajardo over Evans in a heartbeat. 

Hard no. Evans is far and away the better option. Faj is a complete and total mess. Even at his best he was MAYBE a 3rd string guy. Now he's beat up and has nothing left physically. I wouldn't want that anywhere near a lockerroom where he can make everything about himself. Evans is young, and while his brain is wonky, he's got time to fix it. I think he'd be a WAY better teammate than the Faj. 

Evans and Maier in Calgary would be quite the combo, I think.... Evans works better in that 1a/1b situation....