2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

21 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

With all these big contracts and the likelyhood that the $ dries up, I wonder if we could land a guy like Boateng cheap?

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/02/10/report-kwaku-boateng-ticats-have-deal-in-place/

Curious to see what his contract looks like, coming off an Achilles injury.

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

More likely people are going to see that the emperor really has no clothes and it was only the extreme biases towards the riders that made anyone at all think Fajardo was anything more than an extremely lucky 3rd stringer cosplaying as a starter. 

Or alternatively, and equally hilarious, Fajardo has a degree of success in Montreal and people realize that it was just impossible for him to do anything other than stink in that Rider team.

6 minutes ago, CodyT said:

So just a question here --- how does everyone like the tampering window ?

Yes, I'm okay with it. Basically starts free agency a week earlier but with contracted team getting more chances to keep their players. I wish that they wouldn't announce anything, though. Keep the secret until FA opens officially. 

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, I'm okay with it. Basically starts free agency a week earlier but with contracted team getting more chances to keep their players. I wish that they wouldn't announce anything, though. Keep the secret until FA opens officially. 

But that’s really the point of it. Players get to sign in principle and drive up their asking price for their contracted team, so they totally want things made public. Kenny Lawler is trying to parlay his “in principle” contract with Winnipeg into a $333,000 counter-offer from Edmonton, according to reports I’ve read. Players who flip-flop are going to draw the ire of fans who thought a deal was done.