2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Or he might have fallen flat on his face. Never know. 

That would have been a head scratcher had the Argos allowed Ouelette to sign with another team & they only had Harris who can't carry the load anymore by himself. Why the name change?

No need to change as all teams are non B2B champs.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know a few Stamps fans & they are livid with the loss of Orimolade & Thurman. Now, Lemon?? Impact players are leaving & they aren't signing any free agents. According to Danny Austin, the former beat writer of the Stamps who now covers the Flames for Postmedia in Calgary tweeted a couple of days ago that the Stamps have no money. A once promising team that looked like it may be a legit contender for the Grey Cup has lost many pieces of that team. I asked Austin why the team has no money? Is it ownership (Murray Edwards) not wanting to spend the money as the team is for sale? Or is Dickenson just being cheap? Austin never answered which is kinda typical for the guy. I've found that he's kind of a stuck up guy who always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. 

Whatever is happening, the team is being grinded down & fans are being affected. The team used to engage its base with fan friendly events but now they have very few events. They no longer do the Women's football clinics where female fans are introduced to the game. Coaches & players used to attend & it was a big hit. They used to have an Open House with fans where they could meet the players & coaches. There was a question & answer period with John Hufnagel when he was Head oach & GM. They served food & it was really a great atmosphere. That's gone. The team is absolutely invisible in Calgary in the off season. It's like there is no team. 

Living here, I've never seen it like this. I fear a situation like Edmonton where no one shows up. The fans I know are not renewing based on what they see as bad ownership & taking their money under false pretenses. That is, not fielding the best team that they can. One guy has been a season ticket holder for over fourty years & he told me he's done. 

New ownership required.  Maybe that Doman guy in BC wants to own the Stamps too?  A new stadium would do wonders too, but there's just no political will.  Calgary as a city is shell of what I knew it to be when I lived there in the 1990's.  I don't get it.

54 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Or he might have fallen flat on his face. Never know. 

That would have been a head scratcher had the Argos allowed Ouelette to sign with another team & they only had Harris who can't carry the load anymore by himself. Why the name change?

Because the Blue aren't champs anymore.  I know...I hate it too.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know a few Stamps fans & they are livid with the loss of Orimolade & Thurman. Now, Lemon?? Impact players are leaving & they aren't signing any free agents. According to Danny Austin, the former beat writer of the Stamps who now covers the Flames for Postmedia in Calgary tweeted a couple of days ago that the Stamps have no money. A once promising team that looked like it may be a legit contender for the Grey Cup has lost many pieces of that team. I asked Austin why the team has no money? Is it ownership (Murray Edwards) not wanting to spend the money as the team is for sale? Or is Dickenson just being cheap? Austin never answered which is kinda typical for the guy. I've found that he's kind of a stuck up guy who always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. 

Whatever is happening, the team is being grinded down & fans are being affected. The team used to engage its base with fan friendly events but now they have very few events. They no longer do the Women's football clinics where female fans are introduced to the game. Coaches & players used to attend & it was a big hit. They used to have an Open House with fans where they could meet the players & coaches. There was a question & answer period with John Hufnagel when he was Head oach & GM. They served food & it was really a great atmosphere. That's gone. The team is absolutely invisible in Calgary in the off season. It's like there is no team. 

Living here, I've never seen it like this. I fear a situation like Edmonton where no one shows up. The fans I know are not renewing based on what they see as bad ownership & taking their money under false pretenses. That is, not fielding the best team that they can. One guy has been a season ticket holder for over fourty years & he told me he's done. 

You LOVE to see it.... 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I would rather see the whole league healthy... Calgary is a real potential toronto-esque sore spot the way this city "supports" the team.

**** Calgary and **** Calgary sports fans.... And that goes double if that city fucks us in the May election... 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I would rather see the whole league healthy... Calgary is a real potential toronto-esque sore spot the way this city "supports" the team.

Yeah, same. I'd rather see sold out stadiums then half empty ones. More fun when we beat other teams in their own house. I'm also tired of seeing empty seats & no atmosphere in the stadiums the Bombers play in. There's a real disconnection between the team & the fans in Calgary. It started once Flames owner Murray Edwards (Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation) bought the team

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

New ownership required.  Maybe that Doman guy in BC wants to own the Stamps too?  A new stadium would do wonders too, but there's just no political will.  Calgary as a city is shell of what I knew it to be when I lived there in the 1990's.  I don't get it.

All people care about are the Flames. That's it. 

15 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Wait! Whaaaat?! Are you saying JC Abbott is a hack and is a journalist in self-proclaimed name only?

segundo-sol-novela.gif

Was so frustrating listening to him fawn over Rourke last year. Especially his inability to understand that half a season of work isn't more impressive than a full season of work.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Was so frustrating listening to him fawn over Rourke last year. Especially his inability to understand that half a season of work isn't more impressive than a full season of work.

JC Abbott all last year:

Rourke... Rourke...Rourke... Rourke... ROURKE!!!! ARRRRG....

randy-marsh-spooky-ghost-gif-8.gif