Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this feels like a really big loss to the off-field product. This kid is/was SO GOOD at everything he did. We had the best social media content in the league because of him. Hope they can find someone even half as good to fill the role........

we'll definitely miss you, @rileymarra!!

Huge loss for the team and fans.  Riley always put out great stuff.

Maybe the team looks at stealing Nik Kowalski back from the Lions?  IIRC he kinda studied under Riley while he worked for the Bisons and he has been putting out some nice stuff on the left coast.

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Hard money can also include signing bonuses. Non-hard money is defined as performance and games played bonuses. You get players cheaper with big up front bonuses and stable salary that is non-performance based. Better players for cheaper. However, it does not open up as much cap savings when injuries hit or players have a down year is the trade off Walters makes to get guys signed below market rate.  The fact he is able to retain year end money, despite being at a disadvantage due to the type of contracts he offers is a testament to recruitment.

You keep thinking that hard money is definitive advantage to saving SMS room at the end of the year. That is only true if it comes without signing bonus and players don't play up to their contract. As I clarified earlier, signing bonus is included in hard money and once paid it does not give any cap savings at all.

You know who else thinks it’s a definitive advantage? Kyle Walters. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

this feels like a really big loss to the off-field product. This kid is/was SO GOOD at everything he did. We had the best social media content in the league because of him. Hope they can find someone even half as good to fill the role........

we'll definitely miss you, @rileymarra!!

man that sucks. Wonder why. 

35 minutes ago, White Out said:

So I told my son if the Jets didnt make the playoffs we'd go to Winnipeg for the home opener. We went and he had a great time, albeit a quick 24 hours in the Peg. Flair is so cheap I decided to book again for the whole family for the 9-11th, can't wait to see another Bomber game down at IG!

As our offspring mature and have lives with responsibilities of their own, we have to grasp every opportunity to keep in touch and be grateful. 

22 hours ago, Tracker said:

As our offspring mature and have lives with responsibilities of their own, we have to grasp every opportunity to keep in touch and be grateful. 

My family has probably done more than 30,000 kms in road trips since 2016.  Wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.

4 hours ago, bluto said:

Could've been worse.

Could've cheated even more and lost a Grey Cup... 

nah worse to cheat, then win a ship, get caught, but have no one care in your market about cheating winning or even existing. 

did you guys ever end up having a gc parade btw? 

3 hours ago, bluto said:

I live in the GTA, friend.

go to Hamilton! 

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly it only makes sense to go over up to 100k if it can make a difference. But yeah wtf ott lol. 

I know Miller blamed the overage on injuries but wouldn't they have had re-signing bonuses included in the total as well? 

Not that it matters but it would appear to me the team knowingly went over the cap.