Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Dixon looks versatile. Love seeing a lber who is effective blitzing. 

Taylor is an interesting potential blue chip book end prospect. 

The good:

he had a monster two years and declared early for the nfl draft but went un picked and got no tc invites. 2021 he had 6.5 sacks 33 tackles 7.5 tfl a pass knock down and 8 hurries in 13 starts. In 2022 he had 42 tackles, 9.5 sacks 2 ff and 3 knock downs. 
 He’s also a monster athlete. 22 reps at 225, 36” vert 9’4 broad jump he pulled his hammy running the 40 at his pro day, and still ran a blistering 4.63. His agent put out a video of him prepping for the pro day with alleged 40 times of 4.38 and 4.3 flat. I don’t buy it for a second but allegedly the video was big on tik tok or some thing. The old axiom for converting manual and electric times is +.26 seconds which would make a lot more sense him being in the mid to high 4.5s. Which is still pretty crazy. 

the catch and reason he didn’t get an nfl sniff?

he rostered at 6’1 and 246 but at his pro day was 5’11 240. 

41 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Taylor is one to get excited about.  Not very fluid or technically sound, but just straight up unblockable getting underneath guys, around them and unwavering in pursuit.  Kind of a perfect CFL rush end, Philip Hunt-esque.

Feel like guys like him are 1 polished move and some hand fighting skill away from being a rotational nfl player. But it also seems like the art of pass rushing is an art no one really teaches any more. 

Also worth noting for a guy that’s under 6’ is his wing span is 6’6”. Just 2 1/4” shy of jeffcoat. 
 I tend to think a lot of hard measurables are over rated, short linemen can reap huge leverage advantages on both sides of the ball, but standing reach would be a great one to track for de’s. That and standing vert gives a much better gauge of a guys potential to defend passing lanes than height. 

Don't know where this belongs, but, I took my son to his 1st Jets game for game 4. He loved the city and had a great time. I've successful brain washed him! Now we're all 4 of us going back to Winnipeg for the home opener in June.  Last time I went to a game in the Peg for a Bomber match was banjo bowl the year we won the 1st Cup. Holy smokes.

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

Don't know where this belongs, but, I took my son to his 1st Jets game for game 4. He loved the city and had a great time. I've successful brain washed him! Now we're all 4 of us going back to Winnipeg for the home opener in June.  Last time I went to a game in the Peg for a Bomber match was banjo bowl the year we won the 1st Cup. Holy smokes.

wow... I didn't even realize they did the Banjo Bowl in 1935. Wild... :)

31 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm liking the look of J. Taylor on those clips.....Moves pretty fluid for a big man and I love how he pancaked a few of his prey, when he caught up with them and made the tackle....Definitely a guy to watch in tc

Those reminded me a tiny bit of another pass rusher named Taylor. He was pretty good too.  

Lol id be over the moon if he was 10% as good as lt. 
I love rush ends with that mentality though. That’s what makes Jackson jeffcoat soo good. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

from the LOLks: 

Crazy old Chris jones. I’m sure Sergio was thrilled to play in front of 17 fans in the ruins of commonwealth stadium. And tying for the worst record in the league, while winning 0 home games, giving up the most points on d and scoring the fewest on offense. Right pleasure I’m sure.