Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

Legs kicking didn't lose it for us but it certainly was a contributing factor....A lot of people forget that our MOP QB. was not having a great game and was also not a 100 percent physically ....I think Zack was feeling the effect of that hit he took in the west final a lot more than what was being revealed.....Letting a cold back-up qb. come in, and have his way with us, without throwing the house at him was something I thought was also a key point in that game....In any event onward and upward and 'don't look back'       .........lol

19 hours ago, Stickem said:

Mack Heron especially.....the little guy was tar and feathered because he had someone smoking  marijuana at a party at his apartment on Henderson Highway....He was tried and convicted by that sob and sent packing....Mack was a star for the team at the time and deserved a better fate ....Ruoff also left because of a joint being smoked....Sounds kind of an over reach by the standards held even in those days ....especially when you think of what goes on these days with regard to recreational mj

Heron and Jim Thorpe were foul-mouthed ghetto archetypes who brought that attitude with them to Winnipeg and their public interactions. Ruoff was a different case altogether. His issue was not that he smoked up but that it became public knowledge.

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was part the original crew that worked at Bonanza. We opened in November 1973. I was in Grade 12. Winnipeggers loved the place. Man, were we busy!!!

Man we used to love going to the all you could eat deep fried shrimp days on weekends.  The servers would just walk around with baskets of deep fried shrimp and we would just have them dump out the baskets onto our plates.  But we had to make sure we left room for the all you could eat soft serve ice cream.  Never be a place like that again.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

We lost because Collaros wasn't 100%. Didn't we?

That’s the biggest part of it. Though our front 6 was key in the two wins and invisible in the loss. In 21 Biggie kyrie and Willy combined for 13 tackles and a pick. Jake added 4 tackles and a sack stove had 4 tackles and 2 sacks. Sayles and jeffcoat had good games the rest of our front 6 didn’t. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

That’s the biggest part of it. Though our front 6 was key in the two wins and invisible in the loss. In 21 Biggie kyrie and Willy combined for 13 tackles and a pick. Jake added 4 tackles and a sack stove had 4 tackles and 2 sacks. Sayles and jeffcoat had good games the rest of our front 6 didn’t. 

Except for that missed block that literally cost us at the end of the game.... 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

man if we could only get Stove back...

Were Putting The Band Back Together Were Getting Back Together GIF - Were Putting The Band Back Together Were Getting Back Together Reunion GIFs

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Man we used to love going to the all you could eat deep fried shrimp days on weekends.  The servers would just walk around with baskets of deep fried shrimp and we would just have them dump out the baskets onto our plates.  But we had to make sure we left room for the all you could eat soft serve ice cream.  Never be a place like that again.

I was bussing tables on a very busy Saturday night. I did one table too many & my tub was overflowing & really heavy. My hands were a little greasy from all the work. I started for the kitchen but I knew I'd never make it. I dropped that heavy bus tub right in the middle of the dining area. The restaurant was loud with people eating & carrying on. The whole place went quiet & then people started talking again. I cleaned up the mess absolutely mortified. Then I got hauled into the manager's office where he tore a strip off me for breaking dishes. What a bad night that was. Never did that again.

14 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Statistically, Castillo missed converts at a higher percentage. 

I agree on that extra point though. He missed it. 

You can manipulate stats to suit any situation or idea. Bottom line is he missed & that's the bottom line. He wasn't good enough. We all knew he was the weak link on this team & he proved us right. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can manipulate stats to suit any situation or idea. Bottom line is he missed & that's the bottom line. He wasn't good enough. We all knew he was the weak link on this team & he proved us right. 

That's not what I'm arguing. Someone was complaining about legs missed converts throughout the year while saying Castillo is better. Statistically speaking that isn't the case. There's no manipulation needed. They are close, but Legs was better as hard as that is to believe. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, because our kicker had the yips & shanked a FG line drive which was blocked. 

Wrong

He definitely didn't shank anything. I have watched the replay dozens and dozens of times (kept rewinding....) the kick was up enough, was starting left and would have drifted back right (it was windy) but Sayles missed a block and a guy got through pretty cleanly and got his hand on the ball as it was taking lift off... 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He definitely didn't shank anything. I have watched the replay dozens and dozens of times (kept rewinding....) the kick was up enough, was starting left and would have drifted back right (it was windy) but Sayles missed a block and a guy got through pretty cleanly and got his hand on the ball as it was taking lift off... 

and a 47 yarder is by no means automatic for any kicker. 

our d should’ve been able to stop the Kelly drive. Two big runs easy pass completions. The whole game was a big under performance from us in all aspects. We should’ve smashed the argos. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

6'3" 215lbs... Seems like a big solid kid. Now let's see how he handles a defense. 

And 6’3 220 and mobile. Both seem like camp arms tbh. Not that they don’t have arm talent or up side. Neither looks like a blue chip prospect. Under rated qbs tend to over achieve but if one of our nl qbs comes available I expect any of our 3 rookie imp qbs to be given an apple and a road map. 

Not surprised we are signing alot of prospects on the eve of training camp.  The CFL is now kind of the final opportunity for some players to play this season who were holding out for an NFL contract.  If they don't sign now and an NFL deal doesn't come through they'll be sitting out until January at the earliest without money coming in. I would expect there to be a trend that many cfl recruits sign closer to the start of camp then before the xfl usfl. 

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was bussing tables on a very busy Saturday night. I did one table too many & my tub was overflowing & really heavy. My hands were a little greasy from all the work. I started for the kitchen but I knew I'd never make it. I dropped that heavy bus tub right in the middle of the dining area. The restaurant was loud with people eating & carrying on. The whole place went quiet & then people started talking again. I cleaned up the mess absolutely mortified. Then I got hauled into the manager's office where he tore a strip off me for breaking dishes. What a bad night that was. Never did that again.

Did he threaten to dock your $3.25 per hr. wage?