Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Stamps GDT

Nolby

I became a Bomber fan in 1965, two years before Bud Grant left for the Vikings after the 67 season. i got a taste of that era with their last GC appearance. But by then, the team was old & so many star players were retiring. I rememberr the 61 & 62 GC's but at the time I didn't care as I was 6 & 7 years old. So, for me this is special. My Gawd, these are truly The Good Old Days. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I became a Bomber fan in 1965, two years before Bud Grant left for the Vikings after the 67 season. i got a taste of that era with their last GC appearance. But by then, the team was old & so many star players were retiring. I rememberr the 61 & 62 GC's but at the time I didn't care as I was 6 & 7 years old. So, for me this is special. My Gawd, these are truly The Good Old Days. 

This feels like how great we were back in the 80s as I was just a young pup. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I respect the older generation. This is what I can tell my kids and grand kids one day about this Bomber squad!

1 minute ago, White Out said:

This feels like how great we were back in the 80s as I was just a young pup. 

To me, this feels bigger than that. The Bombers won 3 Grey Cups in 7 seasons between 84 & 90. They had great regular season records during that time but they never totally dominated like they are now. This feels historic. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I respect the older generation. This is what I can tell my kids and grand kids one day about this Bomber squad!

They'll be talking about the Bombers in 50 years.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

i wonder if Lawler is bothered by the fact that we don't miss him? I hope he enjoys playing for that Wizard Of Id Head Coach Chris Jones?? 

Even with his salary, I have a hard time thinking at the end of the day given Manitoba taxes, cost of living, and playoff bonuses that he would have made significantly less playing here.