Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Stamps GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

NFL PR money for even non tenure players is higher end CFL WR money + the chance to play. 

At his age he should be taking it

for a player such as him...no NFL experience...or less than 2 yrs he would make 165k per season....and thats only if he was pr's somewhere for the full yr...if he sticks 4 weeks here...then has weeks after weeks of looking...gets another 3..4 weeks elsewhere...well divide that figure by 16 weeks...then multiply the weeks he was on a pr

Now if he got a nice 150...175k deal to re-up...he would make more...PR money is nice if u stick full yr....and also if u have 2+ yrs in league then its significantly more....People think that these PR guys make oodles of money...but teams also add...drp...add drop at nauseum over course of yr too...to avoid the full slate of weeks pay...so u can yes make more...but you can also make less than an even average to an above average CFL salary if u are a higher profile player

12 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Mo Leggett, Ian Wild, Taylor Loffler, Chris Randle, there are a few guys that paid their dues in blue and gold that just missed the boat.

damn, I wish Moe Leggett could have had some of the glory of 2019. If I'd bought a jersey in 2014-2018 it would've been his.  he was such a huge part of the 2016 turnaround season.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2338/bc-lions-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers

one of my favorite games ever, so much great action & drama, and the good guys win because Moe Leggett is clutch.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

for a player such as him...no NFL experience...or less than 2 yrs he would make 165k per season....and thats only if he was pr's somewhere for the full yr...if he sticks 4 weeks here...then has weeks after weeks of looking...gets another 3..4 weeks elsewhere...well divide that figure by 16 weeks...then multiply the weeks he was on a pr

Now if he got a nice 150...175k deal to re-up...he would make more...PR money is nice if u stick full yr....and also if u have 2+ yrs in league then its significantly more....People think that these PR guys make oodles of money...but teams also add...drp...add drop at nauseum over course of yr too...to avoid the full slate of weeks pay...so u can yes make more...but you can also make less than an even average to an above average CFL salary if u are a higher profile player

I still think it would be worth the time. That $165k is in USD is (currently) $212k in CAD. He also wouldn’t get taxed twice on his money (I assume) or at least likely not as bad.

I get what you are saying about bouncing around PRs and time not getting paid (fair enough) but at his age (25)I think it is worth chasing the dream. 

The unfortunate reality (for us) is he would always find CFL work if he puts up a year or two of great numbers and wants to come back.  

He is at an age where I would say this is his last couple of years to really make a push. 

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I still think it would be worth the time. That $165k is in USD is (currently) $212k in CAD. He also wouldn’t get taxed twice on his money (I assume) or at least likely not as bad.

I get what you are saying about bouncing around PRs and time not getting paid (fair enough) but at his age (25)I think it is worth chasing the dream. 

The unfortunate reality (for us) is he would always find CFL work if he puts up a year or two of great numbers and wants to come back.  

He is at an age where I would say this is his last couple of years to really make a push. 

On the PR he’s also an injury (or maybe 2 or 3) away from getting a real shot at playing in the nfl… I wouldn’t blame him for a second if he has a chance and takes it… I just hope if that doesn’t work out, he comes back to where it started  

Top NFL teams are paying their X receivers $25-$30 million bucks and their QB nearly $50 million.  They gotta jump on guys like Schoen who can play for cheap for a few years at least.

Gotta imagine LA Rams, Buffalo, Green Bay all have eyes on this guy, teams like that.  He’ll be cheaper than a draft pick and you have a better idea that he can actually play because of what he has done as a pro.

8 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I think if he put in 2 solid years....2 years of exceptional film and growth....he'd be better set to stick on a roster at 26...and somewhat of an experienced pro....but yes don't blame Americans for chasing the dream, but a lot of guys would have made more with a new decent CFL contract for a full season...possible playoffs , rather than chasing PR spots, and at times going weeks...even months with no salary

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Top NFL teams are paying their X receivers $25-$30 million bucks and their QB nearly $50 million.  They gotta jump on guys like Schoen who can play for cheap for a few years at least.

Gotta imagine LA Rams, Buffalo, Green Bay all have eyes on this guy, teams like that.  He’ll be cheaper than a draft pick and you have a better idea that he can actually play because of what he has done as a pro.

herein tho is the rub....NFL teams dont look at it like that and always...always favour draft picks....even if they are sub par than a free-agent undrafted guy...and especially so if he is a CFL recruit...so much politics and un-written rules that basically put the CFL guys behind the 8 ball...and spend yrs trying...and never getting a sniff of the roster, let alone any significant reps...for every guy that actually does succeed, and become and actually contributor, there are dozens who wallow around, and fade away ...thats just how the NFL runs

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think if he put in 2 solid years....2 years of exceptional film and growth....he'd be better set to stick on a roster at 26...and somewhat of an experienced pro....but yes don't blame Americans for chasing the dream, but a lot of guys would have made more with a new decent CFL contract for a full season...possible playoffs , rather than chasing PR spots, and at times going weeks...even months with no salary

herein tho is the rub....NFL teams dont look at it like that and always...always favour draft picks....even if they are sub par than a free-agent undrafted guy...and especially so if he is a CFL recruit...so much politics and un-written rules that basically put the CFL guys behind the 8 ball...and spend yrs trying...and never getting a sniff of the roster, let alone any significant reps...for every guy that actually does succeed, and become and actually contributor, there are dozens who wallow around, and fade away ...thats just how the NFL runs

Age isn't THAT on his side.

He's going to turn 26 in October. Which means he'd turn 27 if he stayed next season and be starting the NFL shortly before his 28th birthday.

If his goal is the NFL (it is) - he is vastly better off taking any opportunities after this season. Not to mention it doesn't prevent him from trying again if it doesn't work out the first time. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Age isn't THAT on his side.

He's going to turn 26 in October. Which means he'd turn 27 if he stayed next season and be starting the NFL shortly before his 28th birthday.

If his goal is the NFL (it is) - he is vastly better off taking any opportunities after this season. Not to mention it doesn't prevent him from trying again if it doesn't work out the first time. 

oh I thought someone said he was 24

that being said...he's had 2 shots....so...his time is evaporating....and being a walk on...undrafted...and now a CFL guy...odds are severely stacked against him....he should just re-up here for 160k....and be epic...thats greedy me talking hahaha

5 hours ago, Booch said:

oh I thought someone said he was 24

that being said...he's had 2 shots....so...his time is evaporating....and being a walk on...undrafted...and now a CFL guy...odds are severely stacked against him....he should just re-up here for 160k....and be epic...thats greedy me talking hahaha

The salary cap goes up $100.000 next season. The bar was raised on receivers thanks to Edmonton signing Lawler so Schoen will get north of $200,000 to sign here. Worth every penny. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The salary cap goes up $100.000 next season. The bar was raised on receivers thanks to Edmonton signing Lawler so Schoen will get north of $200,000 to sign here. Worth every penny. 

Not exactly, you can't upset the apple cart by paying Schoen more than Ellingson or Demski.  Save the extra pennies for Demski as he is uniquely irreplaceable, and let Schoen go off to the NFL if he must.