Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Stamps GDT

Nolby

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

He's Darren Flutie level, I'll be happy as hell if he stays in the CFL and doesn't bugger off to the NFL in 2 years.

He's for sure going to get a look in the NFL, probably as soon as next season. Is it wrong of me to hope he fails and comes back here for another 10 years??

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd pump the brakes just a bit on the claims for Schoen.    Dude is awesome but lets not claim that he's HOF material already. 

Discussion is about guys as rookies, calm down.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He's for sure going to get a look in the NFL, probably as soon as next season. Is it wrong of me to hope he fails and comes back here for another 10 years??

Yeah he'll be gone this off-season.

Interesting that he even got up here but probably doesn't jump off the page at the underwear olympics.  Also played at a school that runs more of a heavy set with TE's and FB's, running QB's as opposed to a spread offense where receivers really shine.

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Agreed, especially Saskatchewan.

You and I my friend, are on the same wavelength.

Dear lord, does it get any better? Were 8-0 after back-to-back championships, Riders are 4-4 and imploding, and gas at the Husky on Isabel is at 164.9. Good time to be alive!

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Sad but then you have to remember he’s played 1, or even 2 more games then every team in the league minus Saskatchewan.

true, but he seems to be on the upswing, and the leader has played the same amount....and why I don't agree with some in media saying Morrow is a great back...as he is not....Harris played 2 less, but also got bulk of his yards in 2 games...and has had 3 games with 39 yards or less...still not sold on Butler either....If Brady runs how he has last 2 games ongoing...then he is a good bet to be top3..4 in league...he has also had 4 games with 10 or less carries too....and his most is 15...lower than any other backs highest numbers...so if he can get 12-17 carries on average per game, and run like he has...and showed also last yr...I think we be just fine

49 minutes ago, Booch said:

true, but he seems to be on the upswing, and the leader has played the same amount....and why I don't agree with some in media saying Morrow is a great back...as he is not....Harris played 2 less, but also got bulk of his yards in 2 games...and has had 3 games with 39 yards or less...still not sold on Butler either....If Brady runs how he has last 2 games ongoing...then he is a good bet to be top3..4 in league...he has also had 4 games with 10 or less carries too....and his most is 15...lower than any other backs highest numbers...so if he can get 12-17 carries on average per game, and run like he has...and showed also last yr...I think we be just fine

Have to worry about Brady's health long-term, can't smash and bash like a wrecking ball and not expect a few pieces to fall off.  A.H. does his best to slip or deflect direct contact, were Brady takes it head on, much like Jesse Lumsden his  playing style may shorten his career.

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Have to worry about Brady's health long-term, can't smash and bash like a wrecking ball and not expect a few pieces to fall off.  A.H. does his best to slip or deflect direct contact, were Brady takes it head on, much like Jesse Lumsden his  playing style may shorten his career.

Bottom line is you drive your wrecking ball until it breaks. RBs have short career spans. Not very often you get more than a few years out of them. Comes with the territory. Brady will have a longer career running like a wrecking ball than he would trying to preserve his health and not producing.

Edited by GCn20

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nothing at all like Lumsden.  Lumsden's carries were being rationed starting from the day he stepped on the field at Mac.  He had shoulder problems since he was a kid.  

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bottom line is you drive your wrecking ball until it breaks. RBs have short career spans. Not very often you get more than a few years out of them. Comes with the territory. Brady will have a longer career running like a wrecking ball than he would trying to preserve his health and not producing.

yup....and when u laying the lumber...u get less damage.

Dalton strikes me as a CFL player for good. I think he could sit around on a PR in the NFL if he wanted to but he strikes me as a guy who wants to play football. 

I don’t know a ton about him but from what I’ve heard, he’s got a bright career after football so this might be his time to play, not collect a cheque from the bench in the NFL.

Whatever he wants though, I hope he gets it. 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Dalton strikes me as a CFL player for good. I think he could sit around on a PR in the NFL if he wanted to but he strikes me as a guy who wants to play football. 

I don’t know a ton about him but from what I’ve heard, he’s got a bright career after football so this might be his time to play, not collect a cheque from the bench in the NFL.

Whatever he wants though, I hope he gets it. 

Have you heard his interview with Tait and Cameron on their 'Handled Internally" podcast?

He worked his way up from a walk-on and has stated the NFL as "the dream".

From hearing him talk about it, I would think that he'd have the belief in himself to work his way onto a team from the PR, if he got the opportunity.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...he finally earned a spot and home...he may be happy to not bounce around trying to re-prove himself...Walters should maybe re-negotiate a deal with him...pay him a nice amount so it's not like he's making peanuts compared to PR...

NFL PR money for even non tenure players is higher end CFL WR money + the chance to play. 

At his age he should be taking it

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Discussion is about guys as rookies, calm down.

Yeah he'll be gone this off-season.

Interesting that he even got up here but probably doesn't jump off the page at the underwear olympics.  Also played at a school that runs more of a heavy set with TE's and FB's, running QB's as opposed to a spread offense where receivers really shine.

Schoen had an NFL look once before, I believe.