BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at LIONS GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Couldn't afford him if he is, the CFL needs a salary correction for top receivers, paying anyone 200k+ to catch balls is bad for business.  Thank Chris Jones.

Rhymes isn't making huge money...he less than Burnham who is 165ish I believe...on par with Begleton and probably Ellingson....it was the stupidity of the money tossed at Lucky....Dirty Duke....and Lawler....none of whom are earning it...at this point far better value with Ellingson and Schoen and when you look at the stats way more production, and thats with our offence just starting to click.....

50 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rhymes isn't making huge money...he less than Burnham who is 165ish I believe...on par with Begleton and probably Ellingson....it was the stupidity of the money tossed at Lucky....Dirty Duke....and Lawler....none of whom are earning it...at this point far better value with Ellingson and Schoen and when you look at the stats way more production, and thats with our offence just starting to click.....

You can’t really compare established CFL vets to a guy like Schoen. Of course Schoen is going to be a better value when he’s on an entry level contract.

We haven’t recruited a receiver who - knock on wood - looks as good as Schoen in the Walters/O’Shea era.

11 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

You can’t really compare established CFL vets to a guy like Schoen. Of course Schoen is going to be a better value when he’s on an entry level contract.

We haven’t recruited a receiver who - knock on wood - looks as good as Schoen in the Walters/O’Shea era.

u can for sure when instead of signing a higher priced vet via free agency, or letting vet players walk and trust in our scouting...well I do anyway.....it's about SMS allocation and bang for the buck to build the best...deepest roster

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Collaros spread the ball around nicely to his receivers,I just want to see Bailey in that mix a little more. Ellingson has made us forget quite quickly about Darvin and Schoen has been a reliable target for Zach already and impressive as a rookie.

13 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Collaros spread the ball around nicely to his receivers,I just want to see Bailey in that mix a little more. Ellingson has made us forget quite quickly about Darvin and Schoen has been a reliable target for Zach already and impressive as a rookie.

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a lot of good slot guys but we don't have many WR types on this team? I don't know how Bailey beats out Schoen/Ellingson as import slots in our lineup so he's forced to play more WR which I don't think is his strength.

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a lot of good slot guys but we don't have many WR types on this team? I don't know how Bailey beats out Schoen/Ellingson as import slots in our lineup so he's forced to play more WR which I don't think is his strength.

Be nice to have someone out there, who could stretch the field a bit.....

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Feel sorry for Daniel Petermann, he's never going to see the field in BC, he's now in his 4th year playing backup.

Sure would like to have him here now with demski and boo banged up. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

u can for sure when instead of signing a higher priced vet via free agency, or letting vet players walk and trust in our scouting...well I do anyway.....it's about SMS allocation and bang for the buck to build the best...deepest roster

Especially with the way we recruited wr this year. Only a couple guys I’d want to really offer big money to and then only if it’s a multi year deal. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No Lawler, no problem. Ellingson and Shoen currently sitting #3 and #5 in receiving yards 😁

Agreed but could you imagine Lawler lining up as the wide out in this offense instead of Bailey? Yikes.

I like Bailey but my worry is that he can't be as effective at the wide out position and he's our 3rd of 4th best slot receiver.

12 hours ago, BBlink said:

Agreed but could you imagine Lawler lining up as the wide out in this offense instead of Bailey? Yikes.

I like Bailey but my worry is that he can't be as effective at the wide out position and he's our 3rd of 4th best slot receiver.

Field wide is a premium spot it’d be strange that he couldn’t make a go of it. While demski is out Bailey could go to his slot and boo could go to field wide. 

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Isn't Masoli Polynesian and not African American?

I believe this is true, and because I didn't know any better, assumed Marino was African American, and was using slurs against Hawaiian/Samoan/Polynesian descent....... no matter how you slice it, it's all gross. #DiversityIsStrength