Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“House of cards”

**** some of you are too much 

Exactly the point I was making with the doom and gloom about “garbage player management is inexcusable” and “beyond causal attitude”. Seemed over the top, but judging by some comments it feels like there is a segment who feel that loss exposed us for the longtime defensive deficiencies they have been concerned about, even since last year. Their words, not mine. 

28 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Open question for the group:

Is last week’s loss:

(a) just a one off, no need to overreact

(b) a sign that the house of cards this team has been is now collapsing

I assume there is a middle ground “c” choice (concern there) but again some of the rhetoric seems anything g but moderate. Thoughts? Was this just one bad loss, or have we finally been exposed?

I still feel like you're the one reading way too much into people's posts..

We have suffered a lot of injuries and it is affecting us. We've continued to overcome those losses but of course there will be a point when it would become unsustainable for any team.

We are not seeing much pressure from our DL - which is how Evans was able to experience such great success - but we still are not rotating our starters out to keep them fresh. I have the ability to be confused about that aspect of our roster management without believing the sky is falling.

Ok, maybe I am reading too much in to it. There can be confusion and valid questions. I have outlined the words used that seem over the top to me. I don’t think O’Shea is garbage in this area, and I don’t think Walters is displaying too casual an attitude about fixing it. That’s all. I see the same words you do, seems the loss increased the temperature a lot around here, and I don’t remember it being the hot button topic it is now when we were 12-1, even if there was more quiet concern. I certainly don’t remember this being of any concern last year, as was suggested. But my memory may be selective. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

This season is 18 games. It is an eternity. Every game isn’t going to be a breeze, last year was a  historically dominant team. 

We played like **** for a month in 2019 and then went on a historically dominant defensive playoff run.

Other teams may play better than us a week here or there.

People need to take a breath. 

O'sheas weakness as a coach has always been roster usage and it is something that has been talked about before in grey cup seasons.

Having injuries and already diminished depth because of salary cap reasons brings it into sharper focus. No one honestly thinks he is a bad coach, just wondering what the point of putting guys who don't play on the roster is when it leaves us short handed in a game shod injuries occur.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

O'sheas weakness as a coach has always been roster usage and it is something that has been talked about before in grey cup seasons.

Having injuries and already diminished depth because of salary cap reasons brings it into sharper focus. No one honestly thinks he is a bad coach, just wondering what the point of putting guys who don't play on the roster is when it leaves us short handed in a game shod injuries occur.

The record the last 5/6 years and back to back Cups should let everyone know he mostly gets it right. 

41 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, maybe I am reading too much in to it. There can be confusion and valid questions. I have outlined the words used that seem over the top to me. I don’t think O’Shea is garbage in this area, and I don’t think Walters is displaying too casual an attitude about fixing it. That’s all. I see the same words you do, seems the loss increased the temperature a lot around here, and I don’t remember it being the hot button topic it is now when we were 12-1, even if there was more quiet concern. I certainly don’t remember this being of any concern last year, as was suggested. But my memory may be selective. 

I think the difference between this year and last is injuries.

We had unreal health luck last year.

Nobody said Osh is a bad coach..or the team is collapsing 

But no coach is perfect and they all have bad points...ours is at times...key words here..at times roster management 

Hats off to the team for assembling the depth they have to sustain us in a yr where we have had a lot of key injuries...point I trying to make is that as it got depleted they sat back a bit too long restocking it...and its obvious last 2 games with lack of reciever depth and dline and db depth...And without immediate influx...or return of injured guys we could be in tough.

Heck we have had all yr to solve the WIL spot and have yet to adequately fill that...why? 

I have faith in the leaders here but sometimes your faith gets tested...

11 hours ago, Booch said:

Never was stated as a torn Achilles...same with Wilson...and fact Wilson was never really in a cast and been walking around freely on sidelines for weeks now pretty much confirms that...he has shown no indication of an achilles surgery rehab

I thought it was a torn achilles. Just have to see. We've been off for 2 weeks & the headlines I read was, "As injuries mount"..... Instead of, "Bombers getting healthy for stretch run"...

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Curious as to why the Bombers didn't 6-game Hansen? They just put him on the 1-game and extended him. There must be a strategic reason to do so? 

No idea. The way teams tinker in secrecy with all their injured lists, who knows?

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel its possible to both believe in this team, be happy that its 12-2 and be worried about roster management and the apparent holes in a few spots. Much like one can both be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and a sleazy male stripper.

Hey, hey, hey! Warren Burger was a respected jurist, and he objects to the term “stripper” 

tumblr_my1ilt5ZOn1scmselo1_500.gif

33 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

At the riders bench 

giphy.gif

And if I decide to be nice to them

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47807459m4rlm5b9v48b

Even if by some chance they win tonight and get chirpy, give them the shhhhh sign and tell them to get back to you when their number 4 doesn't have to be multiplied by three to equal our number 12 (or something along this line that's way more clever).   

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Even if by some chance they win tonight and get chirpy, give them the shhhhh sign and tell them to get back to you when their number 4 doesn't have to be multiplied by three to equal our number 12 (or something along this line that's way more clever).   

Anything involving math is a wasted chirp on a Rider.