Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What purpose would it serve to bring Ellingson back for a meaningless game & then 2 weeks off for the Western final? Give him another 3 weeks to heal up further so he can concentrate on the playoff & Grey Cup game. He's a veteran so getting the rust off won't be an issue. 

Nah, if he's 100% you absolutely bring him back to knock some rust off and regain his timing on routes. Better to do that this week than in the WF.... 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What purpose would it serve to bring Ellingson back for a meaningless game & then 2 weeks off for the Western final? Give him another 3 weeks to heal up further so he can concentrate on the playoff & Grey Cup game. He's a veteran so getting the rust off won't be an issue. 

By back I meant back for the WDF not next week.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I disagree completely.

1) If he's healthy, you play him. period.

2) I'd rather not play someone in the play-offs who hasn't taken a snap in 10 weeks (or longer). You shake the rust off in a meaningless game so you don't have miscues when it does matter. 

On 2022-10-18 at 4:34 PM, Fatty Liver said:

With a couple of new leagues to tryout for, that strategy will probably become less successful, why wait around for 6 months, if other opportunities present themselves.

If they end the season on PR they are free agents anyway, so not sure what difference that would make.

I want Ellingson out there playing as much as possible. If he gets nicked up and can't play in the WF, so be it. I would rather he not start the WF then get injured in it, having to replace him in-game. Better to have his replacement taking all the reps in practice. 

Edited by JCon

Echoing the what others are saying.  Guys need to get on the field and in sync with their teammates and play calls.  I’m sure he’s been in all the meetings and film room, but game speed elite is rarely at the flip-of-the-switch.

Not the same timeframe but BA also taken three-four weeks to get his legs under him, as well as get used to guys like Holm, Parker, and now Lawrence etc.

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Echoing the what others are saying.  Guys need to get on the field and in sync with their teammates and play calls.  I’m sure he’s been in all the meetings and film room, but game speed elite is rarely at the flip-of-the-switch.

Not the same timeframe but BA also taken three-four weeks to get his legs under him, as well as get used to guys like Holm, Parker, and now Lawrence etc.

Great example.

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

I want Ellingson out there playing as much as possible. If he gets nicked up and can't play in the WF, so be it. I would rather he not start the WF then get injured in it, having to replace him in-game. Better to have his replacement taking all the reps in practice. 

Yup- they don’t need the rest at this point either. They’ve had enough rest and guys have to play. Demski shouldn’t play at all. Probably not Scheon  or Bailey either - but I’m not sure you can keep Rasheed off the field. 

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

I disagree completely.

1) If he's healthy, you play him. period.

2) I'd rather not play someone in the play-offs who hasn't taken a snap in 10 weeks (or longer). You shake the rust off in a meaningless game so you don't have miscues when it does matter. 

The Bombers did play Ellingson one game when he came off the 6 game injured list,  Then took a hit & went right back on it again. For that reason, I'd keep him off the field until the Western Final. The guy is a 10 year vet. There won't be a lot of rust to knock off. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bombers did play Ellingson one game when he came off the 6 game injured list,  Then took a hit & went right back on it again. For that reason, I'd keep him off the field until the Western Final. The guy is a 10 year vet. There won't be a lot of rust to knock off. 

But the point that was made - which I completely agree with - is if he happens to get hurt in this game.... chances are he would be likely to get hurt in the West Final anyways (of course there's no guarantee of that)... then his replacement will get the full complement of first team reps heading into the WF... I understand your point, but I don't think there's any harm to getting Ellingson out there for at least a quarter or two. 

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wonder if Prukop will get a half?

I think Zach starts the game (like he did in the Calgary finale last year)... he'll play maybe a quarter... put in Dru next and depending on how that goes maybe we see Prukop near the end of the game... that's my guess

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Like bearpants said, we need him in sync and if he can't get through this week, he probably shouldn't be in the WF.

The problem is there is a big dropoff from Ellingson to our backups so would you rather gamble and have him for a couple of quarters in the Wf or not at all ? I think we should wait till the WF to play him. Just make sure one of our DI rec gets lots of reps or whomever would be his backup. 

19 minutes ago, bb1 said:

The problem is there is a big dropoff from Ellingson to our backups so would you rather gamble and have him for a couple of quarters in the Wf or not at all ? I think we should wait till the WF to play him. Just make sure one of our DI rec gets lots of reps or whomever would be his backup. 

Mcrae will be the back up...as well as BOLO...they are all in sync and know their role...so u get Woli and Ellingson in for last game...and get them as many reps as u feel they need in certain sets and schemes...case closed...the beauty of our situation this yr, is that if/when we get to full health all our back ups, and some of their back ups have gotten a ton of reps, and we know what we have...we in a good spot

56 minutes ago, bb1 said:

A big dropoff? You do know that Schoen took over his role right?

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

A big dropoff? You do know that Schoen took over his role right?

I can see how you'd make that argument, because Schoen got his targets, but I think you could also argue that McCrae took Ellingson's role when he went out...