Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

Masoli out for 10 or 12 weeks certainly adds to Ottawas motivation to grab a guy we would be more than happy to have. Lapo does have an existing relationship with him. 

that relationship is more the Bombers Organization, and his teamates.....the Lapo bit isn't gonna be the big heartstrings tug

Just now, Booch said:

that relationship is more the Bombers Organization, and his teamates.....the Lapo bit isn't gonna be the big heartstrings tug

Probably. Yet Lapo is not an unknown to our pal Big Chris. Heck, he was his OC when in Canada. Of any coach, he would spend a large portion of his time with him. MOS is smarter and more successful, so the edge moves to the Blue. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

Probably. Yet Lapo is not an unknown to our pal Big Chris. Heck, he was his OC when in Canada. Of any coach, he would spend a large portion of his time with him. MOS is smarter and more successful, so the edge moves to the Blue. 

probably more with his QB coach I would say...who is now the OC 

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Arbuckle is a good QB ... keeps getting a raw deal where he goes.   

I think he's got a good chance to open up finally in Ottawa. They've got a decent team around them,an offensive coach and Arbuckle can still maybe prove himself there. I like Ottawa acquiring him after that trash ass Marino cheap shot.

I'd really like to see the Bombers do something to get Bailey going. I recall seeing a post from the Toronto game day thread that DT noted that 90% of his production came from the waggle (h/t Bigblue204) and he doesn't seem to be doing much at the boundary WR spot. Minimal targets and minimal receptions. 

Any chance we move Woli out that way and bring Bailey back to the slot where he belongs? I can't imagine moving Ellingson or Schoen out that way given their production but I wonder if Bailey can occupy that third slot, at least until Demski is back?

Edited by kschach
Corrected credit to Bigblue204

49 minutes ago, kschach said:

I'd really like to see the Bombers do something to get Bailey going. I recall seeing a post from the Toronto game day thread that DT noted that 90% of his production came from the waggle (h/t Bigblue204) and he doesn't seem to be doing much at the boundary WR spot. Minimal targets and minimal receptions. 

Any chance we move Woli out that way and bring Bailey back to the slot where he belongs? I can't imagine moving Ellingson or Schoen out that way given their production but I wonder if Bailey can occupy that third slot, at least until Demski is back?

I guess we have to remember that Bailey is in Adams' old spot.

This is exactly what Adams did for us. He did down field blocking and came up with the occasional big first down.

30 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I guess we have to remember that Bailey is in Adams' old spot.

This is exactly what Adams did for us. He did down field blocking and came up with the occasional big first down.

Good insight. It's a small 5-game sample but when I have a chance I'd be curious to see how Adams targets / completions per game compare to Bailey's over 5 games. 

I also wonder if the hash mark changes may affect a Boundary WR's production. If I understand correctly it would mean it's a farther throw to the boundary than in years past.

Great add.  Like an extra draft pick.  Get him in camp before he goes to college to become draft eligible, finally use our territorial exemption.

I was coaching in the U16 tryouts/Blue and Gold game when Luke came in off the street, literally had not played football, as a 14 year old Grade 8 and almost made the team against a bunch of guys who had played through their grade 10 year with private coaches and the machinery of schools like St Pauls, OP, VM.  Maybe doesn't seem like such a feat but even all time greats like Demski and Harris barely played in high school until they were in Grade 11.

He's a natural football player and he's only improved as a receiver in the last 7-8 years with development.

Would not be surprised to see him dressed to chase kicks and backup on offense this week.

58 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Great add.  Like an extra draft pick.  Get him in camp before he goes to college to become draft eligible, finally use our territorial exemption.

I was coaching in the U16 tryouts/Blue and Gold game when Luke came in off the street, literally had not played football, as a 14 year old Grade 8 and almost made the team against a bunch of guys who had played through their grade 10 year with private coaches and the machinery of schools like St Pauls, OP, VM.  Maybe doesn't seem like such a feat but even all time greats like Demski and Harris barely played in high school until they were in Grade 11.

He's a natural football player and he's only improved as a receiver in the last 7-8 years with development.

Would not be surprised to see him dressed to chase kicks and backup on offense this week.

This makes me feel better. Appreciate the insight.

Any other local kids we should keep in mind for the future?

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah, at this point youve just gotta shave it all off man. Go the Thiadric Hansen route.

same deal with poor Winston Rose. Every time they show his picture when introducing the defense....oooof. Just take 'er down to the wood, fellas...

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

This makes me feel better. Appreciate the insight.

Any other local kids we should keep in mind for the future?

Lots coming up, all depends on opportunity.  Luke has charted a path that hopefully more guys get back to for CFL opportunities which is playing 3-4 years of junior then going to U Sports.  The problem is all these guys go to U of M and don't play at all for 3 years, there's only a few who play in those first few years, guys on the field mostly 4th and 5th years.  Junior is the way to go whether it's BC or with the Rifles, easier to get playing time with Rifles but coaching quite a bit more development based in BC.  The scouting in BC is national too so if guys go there for 1-2-3 years they are still getting scouted by the OUA and Atlantic schools.  We have quite a few guys in the OUA right now, some went right out of high school some went through BC first.

The next Canadian QB coming through is from Winnipeg but playing for McMaster, Andreas Dueck.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

With Brendan O'Leary  Orange now on the six, no matter who we might sign, we have run out of Canuck receivers. This is a structural problem. We need to go to a 2 running back system, meaning the 2nd back is a FB or a SB. That young RB we cut in camp might be useful to us now for depth. This puts  Augustine on the field most of the time.

Edited by BigBlue

5 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

With Brendan O'Leary  Orange now on the six, no matter who we might sign, we have run out of Canuck receivers. This is a structural problem. We need to go to a 2 running back system, meaning the 2nd back is a FB or a SB. That young RB we cut in camp might be useful to us now for depth. This puts  Augustine on the field most of the time.

Yeah I've always kind of felt that if you have two Canadian receivers you should have at least 2 viable backups. I wanted us to sign Shai Ross. Hometown boy that can return kicks. Really not sure why we didn't go that route.

If we ever want Alexander playing safety again we need to keep our Canadian depth on offense. 

15 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

We don’t need that spot to be ni. Could be agudosi or Harrison who is a big deep threat. More likely means mccrae is on the field for almost every snap. 

streveler and plop isn’t a good fit. I really hope that doesn’t happen and I feel like the piss poor useage will be a factor. Honestly with what they had behind Masoli and with arbuckle in I think they will be happy and hope Masoli is healthy for the play offs. If they brought in streveler that’s the end of Masoli imo. And I think Masoli is the guy they want. Plop and the bombers were heavily tied to him every pending fa for years. 

at this point I think edm is where the reps and money will be. I could see the ownership maybe going hard after strevy in Montreal with them moving Harris and vaj. 
 And I think Hamilton is a real dark horse for strevy. Masoli gave them an appreciation for two good qbs and where Masoli always over took evans is being able to beat the rush. 

here the only limit I see is if it would prevent us from getting some one like desjarlais or kongbo back. 

1 minute ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Did BOO even get a target last game? 

I mean, yeah on paper it sucks we had sign a cjfl dude, but if this is the an issue worth discussing going into a game. 

We good. 

He was out of the game quick fast and in a hurry.  He was also splitting reps with mccrae. So he may have played 5 rep probably less. It took what 3 plus quarters for Bailey to get a look?

Bailey and woli in general have gotten very few looks this year too but it’s not that they’ve struggled when they’ve gotten them.