Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

Just now, wbbfan said:

We don’t need that spot to be ni. Could be agudosi or Harrison who is a big deep threat. More likely means mccrae is on the field for almost every snap. 

We need to keep the number of Canadian starters constant on offence. The ONLY solution I see is  at either S.B or FB.  Do you see otherwise?

Right now with BA still out we don't need 2 national recievers...we can roll with 3 olineman..eh and Woli...Jake/Lawson and Thompson at safety...by the time BA is back Demski will be as well...so we go back to what we were doing...and we are just fine.

Not sure of the extent or what BOLO injury was but he seemed fine on the sidelines...but I'd like to see us pluck a reciever from someone's PR tho...nice story picking up a local kid but if he has to come in for significant reps..well that's pretty much a wasted spot in the offence...dude will not be producing at be the pro level

Worst case scenario in game if Woli goes down then BO and JA are in backfield together...in various ways and that in itself could be interesting and successful too

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Right now with BA still out we don't need 2 national recievers...we can roll with 3 olineman..eh and Woli...Jake/Lawson and Thompson at safety...by the time BA is back Demski will be as well...so we go back to what we were doing...and we are just fine.

Not sure of the extent or what BOLO injury was but he seemed fine on the sidelines...but I'd like to see us pluck a reciever from someone's PR tho...nice story picking up a local kid but if he has to come in for significant reps..well that's pretty much a wasted spot in the offence...dude will not be producing at be the pro level

Worst case scenario in game if Woli goes down then BO and JA are in backfield together...in various ways and that in itself could be interesting and successful too

Looks like they are dressing another DB/LB type in the Canadian spot.

Offense is getting pretty thin on game day, can’t really lose anyone.

On 2022-07-11 at 1:45 PM, Booch said:

yup....could be the season saver there....and he could be a nice fit in Lapo's system...dude does have talent...does he just need to be in right place?...guess we will see....and this makes it less likely that they can or will go real hard at Streveler if he comes available 

As much as Fanny has been a giant fail in the CFL he does own the distinction of being the only QB on record to out-duel Zack in a Bomber uniform since 2019.  

Highpraise Thankyou GIF - Highpraise Thankyou Thanks GIFs

12 hours ago, BigBlue said:

We need to keep the number of Canadian starters constant on offence. The ONLY solution I see is  at either S.B or FB.  Do you see otherwise?

Yes. One less on offense and start 7.  We’ve been starting 8. 

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Wouldn’t mind bringing back borsa. Petey would be great too. 

2 backs or more heavy set with 6 ol. 

Just now, JCon said:

Do we know his status? The thought when he was released was that he was going back to school? 

Don’t believe he had any eligibility left. We cut him and sent him to school the previous year. Pretty sure he’s out of football rn. 

looking at prs around the league Keaton bruggeling the rbs second round pick is on the pr. Which would be greasy. But I’d be ok with no love for the rbs. 

petermann is listed on the ar for the lions. Otherwise the pr ni wrs are real slim Pickens. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Don’t believe he had any eligibility left. We cut him and sent him to school the previous year. Pretty sure he’s out of football rn. 

looking at prs around the league Keaton bruggeling the rbs second round pick is on the pr. Which would be greasy. But I’d be ok with no love for the rbs. 

petermann is listed on the ar for the lions. Otherwise the pr ni wrs are real slim Pickens. 

Peterman fell behind Ross. Could be ripe for plucking. 

10 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Ross is still intriguing, though. A heckuva athlete with lotsa upside.

Lots of injuries and almost 29.  Don’t think the upside is huge he’s a play now guy.  See if he starts to get some reps with BC at receiver.  Turned the ball over a bunch last year the more opportunity he got.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He’s a bruiser who can run a 4.5 40, I would take a look at him if they truly believe we’re going to stick with a Canadian at that position. 

I think that entirely depends on how gmc progresses. He’s really dangerous and if he keeps getting better when demski is healthy I could possibly see a change. 

14 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He’s a bruiser who can run a 4.5 40, I would take a look at him if they truly believe we’re going to stick with a Canadian at that position. 

Think he’d be a good pickup if he wants to keep playing.  We are extremely thin on O.  Have been a little surprised we haven’t seen a back come in for the PR of any nationality.

27 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Think there is any interest in Malik Irons?? Could be a reasonable backup in case we have to play JA and BO at the same time?

i was wondering that myself....could also come in for the role Miller plays to keep him less banged up

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

keep in mind. IF any players are plucked off PR's. They are required to start. Quite frankly the Bombers have absolutely zero need for this.

not start...be on active roster

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

i'd see Irons easily taking place of the rookie fullback who has been rostered

malik irons, never heard of him... highlights, guy looks really good. sometimes you wonder about who plays and who doesnt. he is dragging large defenders, breaking tackles, and fast.

Edited by Mark F

11 minutes ago, Mark F said:

malik irons, never heard of him... highlights, guy looks really good. sometimes you wonder about who plays and who doesnt. he is dragging large defenders, breaking tackles, and fast.

He was suppose to be the guy in Hamilton, he started out the season in Hamilton as the number one tail back in 2019, but I believe he fell out of favour half way through. 

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He was suppose to be the guy in Hamilton, he started out the season in Hamilton as the number one tail back in 2019, but I believe he fell out of favour half way through. 

Yeah they don’t really run the ball as anything but deception.  Lots of jet sweeps.  They like a back that’s basically a receiver and a couple receivers that are capable runners.

He probably would fit better here assuming he can play some role on special teams if he’s getting on as a 2nd or 3rd tailback and that he can block reasonably well.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah they don’t really run the ball as anything but deception.  Lots of jet sweeps.  They like a back that’s basically a receiver and a couple receivers that are capable runners.

He probably would fit better here assuming he can play some role on special teams if he’s getting on as a 2nd or 3rd tailback and that he can block reasonably well.

Yeah I specifically remember there being talk about Irons being the guy in Hamilton and that they wanted to implement a Canadian back field like Winnipeg, but he’s your traditional running back, not much of a receiving threat so I just don’t think he fit in with Hamilton’s philosophy and play style.