Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah his age now may be our advantage... NFL won't really give a 28..29 yr old reciever much of a look...especially if he isn't grabbing a full-time role..

He will probably be primed for a multi year extension in the off season if he keeps playing well. The ability to contribute on teams and heavy set as an imp wr is tremendous too. 

He seemed to excel on teams...in a variety of roles too....right up O'Shea's alley...if he comes out in edm and even just has a decent game...and makes impact...draws attention from others u won't see him off roster again...unless hurt...I see ZC collars just loving him in the red zone...and I see just looking at him or a pump fake is gonna draw 2 guys to him...leaving others wiiiide open...

Just now, Jpan85 said:

I am assuming with something like a corner route he caught on Friday you can throw it a couple yards deeper with more air under it making it almost impossible for db to make a play on it.

The "Patented Khari Rainbow" always does the trick.... 

17 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I am assuming with something like a corner route he caught on Friday you can throw it a couple yards deeper with more air under it making it almost impossible for db to make a play on it.

Just gotta watch they don't have a safety able to time a massive hit as the ball arrives with Dosi stretched out to high point the ball.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/07/21/game-preview-wpg-at-edm/

"The Bombers depth chart features two changes from last week. Coming aboard are receiver Tavaris Harrison and DE L.B. Mack III.

Off are receiver Greg Ellingson – the CFL’s leader in receiving yardage – and all-star DE Jackson Jeffcoat, both of whom were moved to the one-game injured list.

Their absences means the club will be without six starters against Edmonton, also including safety Brandon Alexander, linebacker Kyrie Wilson, slotback Nic Demski and centre Michael Couture.

Janarion Grant is listed as the starter in Ellingson’s place with newcomer Tavaris Harrison also dressing for his first game.

“It’s obviously tough losing a guy like Greg,” said Collaros upon arrival at the team’s hotel in Edmonton. “We have the ‘next man up’ mentality around here and we’ve got a bunch of guys who can play and know the system and I’m excited for their opportunities tomorrow.”

Ellingson, FYI, not only leads the CFL in catches and receiving yards, but also in second-down conversions with 15."

Grant (replacing Ellingson) is interesting... his chance  to shine. Harrison replacing McRae is a lets see. It seems like Collaros likes to throw to familiar receivers. This is going to mean a lot of scheme changes. We will see a lot more jet sweeps with Grant & Bailey I believe. I am also expecting a lot more 1st down screens.

12 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/07/21/game-preview-wpg-at-edm/

"The Bombers depth chart features two changes from last week. Coming aboard are receiver Tavaris Harrison and DE L.B. Mack III.

Off are receiver Greg Ellingson – the CFL’s leader in receiving yardage – and all-star DE Jackson Jeffcoat, both of whom were moved to the one-game injured list.

Their absences means the club will be without six starters against Edmonton, also including safety Brandon Alexander, linebacker Kyrie Wilson, slotback Nic Demski and centre Michael Couture.

Janarion Grant is listed as the starter in Ellingson’s place with newcomer Tavaris Harrison also dressing for his first game.

“It’s obviously tough losing a guy like Greg,” said Collaros upon arrival at the team’s hotel in Edmonton. “We have the ‘next man up’ mentality around here and we’ve got a bunch of guys who can play and know the system and I’m excited for their opportunities tomorrow.”

Ellingson, FYI, not only leads the CFL in catches and receiving yards, but also in second-down conversions with 15."

Grant (replacing Ellingson) is interesting... his chance  to shine. Harrison replacing McRae is a lets see. It seems like Collaros likes to throw to familiar receivers. This is going to mean a lot of scheme changes. We will see a lot more jet sweeps with Grant & Bailey I believe. I am also expecting a lot more 1st down screens.

Y would Harrison have to swap with Mcrae ? Should be a straight swap for Ellingson?

On 2022-07-15 at 12:41 PM, wbbfan said:

I get it. Usually for me the reverse is an exciting trigger.  When I see a Wr signed of a milt stature (6'0, 190 range) I expect their skill set to be great. At most positions when I see a big athletic guy I wonder what the catch is. I just don't think the NFL is enamored with tall wrs. 

I wonder if when stanback gets healthy if he's on the block. He could be a guy ready for the play off push or he could be gone till next year, all depends on the nature of that break and how he recovers. But I could see the bombers being interested in acquiring him at the deadline. Send one of the two NI backs to montreal so they can lock in rb as a long term NI spot with Jeshrun. 

When Stanbeck is healthy, he'll be the Als starting tailback. 

Don't think anything was broke cause they were looking at it on sideline with him sitting up on trainers table with legs hanging over edge...with broke leg...pretty sure nobody would sit like that..let alone be examined that way...but who knows...he looked like he in some discomfort

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

Don't think anything was broke cause they were looking at it on sideline with him sitting up on trainers table with legs hanging over edge...with broke leg...pretty sure nobody would sit like that..let alone be examined that way...but who knows...he looked like he in some discomfort

The trainer was feeling up and down the leg and stopped just higher of the ankle and you could see that's where the exact pain was. Can only guess but my hunch is it's broke.

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Rough break for Agudosi....Guy was just getting going and 'crunch' his year is over....I hope there's not permanent damage ....He was really liking it here and the fans were certainly on his bandwagon....Football can be cruel at times.....I hope he can recover and returns in 23'

Sure can.  Just ask Maston.

Hopefully Agudosi can make a full recovery from whatever he’s dealing with.