2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

On 2022-09-18 at 3:05 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Last night after the game was over, Stamps linebacker Cameron Judge allegedly sucker punched Lucky Whitehead as teams were leaving the field after he said some derogatory remarks about Judge's family. A group of BC Lions left their bus & went to the Stamps clubhouse wanting to beat Judge up. There was yelling, pushing & shoving as Stamps players & their families were going to their cars. The Calgary City Police separated the two groups. It'll be interesting to see how the CFL handles this. 

Link:

From what I've seen and heard yesterday, Whitehead was allegedly chirping Judge's family in-game. Whitehead was showboating after the game on the field directly at Judge, who walked up, and one-punched him.

I like both guys as players. As people I’d trust lucky far more than judge. 
 That said while chirping family is wrong (and happens all the time though not threateningly) is not grounds for that type of thuggish action.  If it had been soo bad he would’ve Re acted in game imo. 

that said the cfl should’ve come down much harder. On every one involved. 

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It was after the game on the field 

Didn’t Todd bertuzzi see an attempted criminal prosecution? 

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

On the field, after the game.  The Lions then tried to go after Judge in the Stamps locker room.  That didn't work so they waited in the parking lot for them,

BC should definitely get some fines for their actions - not sure punishment could go much further for what ended up being a bunch of yelling on their end of things.

should’ve been a few suspensions and a bunch of fines. You have to come down hard on that type of crap. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Agreed. Punching a helmetless player should be multiple games. Period.

And they wonder why so many people think the CFL is a jioke. All this does is add fuel to the fire. What about Whitehead mouthing off about Judge's family? Or the Lions leaving their bus & accosting Stamps players & their families at their clubhouse?? Oh, no, I guess no CFL officials were present, so it never happened. Just like the Duke Williams spitting incident at the Atlantic Bowl last July.  There should be more than one suspension. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

should’ve been a few suspensions and a bunch of fines. You have to come down hard on that type of crap. 

One suspension. One. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And they wonder why so many people think the CFL is a jioke. All this does is add fuel to the fire. What about Whitehead mouthing off about Judge's family? Or the Lions leaving their bus & accosting Stamps players & their families at their clubhouse?? Oh, no, I guess no CFL officials were present, so it never happened. Just like the Duke Williams spitting incident at the Atlantic Bowl last July.  There should be more than one suspension. 

One suspension. One. 

Ludicrously soft. The cfl has had a real issue with letting things get too chippy after the play and now their in action is leading to crap like this after the game. 

I’d suspend judge for the remainder of the regular season and whitehead for 3 games. Then some one gamers to guys trying to jack any one up by the locker room or parking lot. Then tack on a max fine to every one involved. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

but here's the point.... I don't think Judge sucker punched Lucky for a yo mama joke. Whatever Lucky said had to have been BAD to incur that kind of retribution. I'd be really curious to know what could be THAT bad...

Whatever Lucky said, BC won and Calgary lost.  It doesn't take too much extra to make some pro athletes violent.

Hell, played enough spongie and broomball to throw out the "pro athletes" qualifier.

can anybody remember this situation happening in the CFL in their lifetime? It seems WAY over the top, which makes me think that whatever Lucky said (again, not excusing the punch) was REALLY bad. I just can't even imagine what would be THAT bad. This isn't 1970s minor-pro hockey. This is the second best football league on the planet (best??) and this stuff doesn't happen. What in the hell could Lucky possibly say that would be that bad to set off a guy who doesn't (to my knowledge) have a history of this behaviour?

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

can anybody remember this situation happening in the CFL in their lifetime? It seems WAY over the top, which makes me think that whatever Lucky said (again, not excusing the punch) was REALLY bad. I just can't even imagine what would be THAT bad. This isn't 1970s minor-pro hockey. This is the second best football league on the planet (best??) and this stuff doesn't happen. What in the hell could Lucky possibly say that would be that bad to set off a guy who doesn't (to my knowledge) have a history of this behaviour?

CTE moves in mysterious ways?

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Whitehead MUST have said something really bad....like, this kinda thing doesn't just happen for some basic insult. 

Judge needs to grow thicker skin....lotsa stuff thats pretty messed up gets said....Judge also is a bit of an odd one, and had some "issues" even back on the Riders....thats just cheap and low....and should be rest of season suspension in my opinion

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Sucker punching someone is way worse than talking smack, even if it is about their Mommy.

yup...like i said...grow a pair Judge and suck it up...he's a known yapper anyway....if u can dish it, u gotta be able to take it to

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

but here's the point.... I don't think Judge sucker punched Lucky for a yo mama joke. Whatever Lucky said had to have been BAD to incur that kind of retribution. I'd be really curious to know what could be THAT bad...

Judge isnt all there upstairs.....he is a P.O.S plain and simple....some of that Rider stench still must be on him....and maybe Judgre said stuff first, and Lucky got last word in...or thought he did until the gutless actions

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

“Lucky Whitehead couldn’t be racist. He has a white girlfriend.”

- Craig Dickenson (probably) 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

6mcl9w.gif

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ok, but at the end of the day - they are supposed to be adults and professionals.

What would happen at your job if you sucker punched a co-worker?

9 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Adam Rita angry at Jeff Reinebold for imitating a football coach.

Yep. And Perez getting into it then being traded to him. You can say a lot of things about reinebold but bad guy or bad sport are not among them. 

this was the only thing in the cfl I could think of that was similar. 

romanowskis assault in practice with the raiders comes to mind but yeah nothing like this at the pro level. 
Lots of it at hs and junior. 

53 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. And Perez getting into it then being traded to him. You can say a lot of things about reinebold but bad guy or bad sport are not among them. 

this was the only thing in the cfl I could think of that was similar. 

romanowskis assault in practice with the raiders comes to mind but yeah nothing like this at the pro level. 
Lots of it at hs and junior. 

Here’s a hardly exhaustive list of teammate fights in practice. Also there was an intrasquad fight between the Jets and Redskins a few years ago. So this is hardly a never before seen occurrence.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2551619-when-teammates-attack-the-most-serious-intrasquad-fights.amp.html

There have even been tunnel fights between squads before a game, and who can forget the pre-game brawl between the Flyers and Canadiens over shooting pucks into the opposing team net. One last thing, although everyone is calling it a sucker punch (largely due to Farhan Lalji saying as much in the first tweet about the incident) that account has been disputed by another media member who saw both parties squaring off to fight from their vantage point. Who really knows what the absolute truth is without video? But Lucky showing up postgame wearing a silly propeller beanie and running his mouth about a player’s mother makes him seem somewhat foolish himself. Not necessarily punch-worthy, but just maybe he FAFO. Would want to hear the full story from a neutral 3rd party before casting final judgement. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever