2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

39 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The Elks need to be blown up and rebuilt from top to bottom.

Yes they do.

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Twitter all "Ooooo....ahhhhhh" about this Cornelius extension as if guaranteed contracts exist. It literally means nothing, and if someone better comes along, they'll toss Corny aside for the next thing.

For sure. I am sure any GM consistently asks players if they will accept long term contracts even if they may/may not be in the long term plans. Why wouldn't you....nothing to lose.

23 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I guess maybe there is a plan in place, trust the process, stay the course, blah blah blah.

I'm not a big fan of Chris Jones but would like the Elks to get better to help the CFL as a whole.

My goodness I just stepped out of my BB hardened position. Feels weird. 🙂  

I would LOVE the Esks to get on a roll and end up bumping the RIders out of the cross over. That would be just too good. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think you make a really good point here. A guy like Rourke steps on the field and automatically delivers probably setting a standard, whether consciously or less consciously for other newer QB's in the league to deliver at his pace shortening the patience given/needed. 

Speaking of...looks positive for Rourke to return for end of season. Which is negative for every other team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article/as-expected-if-not-better-lions-co-gm-gives-update-on-qb-nathan-rourke/

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This uncomfortable issue strode on the national stage this week when Chicago cornerback Charles Tillman said he may miss Sunday night's potential Super Bowl preview with the Houston Texans because his wife is near giving birth. Tillman later said the baby will be born Monday and he'll be ready to play but not before stirring up a significant issue.

Now I know this article has to be fake news because there's no way that Chicago and Houston was ever considered a super bowl preview 😂

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Twitter all "Ooooo....ahhhhhh" about this Cornelius extension as if guaranteed contracts exist. It literally means nothing, and if someone better comes along, they'll toss Corny aside for the next thing.

Yeah have to wonder about Cornelius even re-signing.  It's a tacit acknowledgement that he sucks and likely won't get better.  Unless the Elks handed him $100,000 today just for signing being locked up is not a good thing for him.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Like the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the least successful complete failure of a franchise in North American sports and I don’t think they have even done that.

Nope. The L's have now tied the Ottawa Rough Riders for most consecutive home losses in league history.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Heeeey... what happened to the "Today in History" section at the bottom? 

I now have no clue about what happened in yesteryears... I feel lost... rudderless and devoid of a sense of history. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Marco Polo, William Howard Taft, Agatha Christie, Fay Wray, Gaylord Perry, Tommy Lee Jones, Oliver Stone, Pete Carroll, Dan Marino, Tom Hardy, Patrick Marleau, and Prince Harry were all born in this date, FWIW. Rocket Richard retired on this date, and Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. 

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Marco Polo, William Howard Taft, Agatha Christie, Fay Wray, Gaylord Perry, Tommy Lee Jones, Oliver Stone, Pete Carroll, Dan Marino, Tom Hardy, Patrick Marleau, and Prince Harry were all born in this date, FWIW. Rocket Richard retired on this date, and Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. 

This could be a game changer.