2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

15 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder if BC plans to sign that Canadian QB from the Stamps as their backup. I believe this (with Rourke) would give them two additional imports that they could sign for cheap and start on their offensive line.

I think BC is also hoping that QBs will be allowed to count as a starting Canadian in the new CBA.

I don't see the big deal about BC Lions owner having big money....  doesn't every team still need to fit under a salary cap?   If you are going to blow the cap why would you waste it on a guy who would assumingly be the #3 receiver on your team after Burnham and Whitehead?     Makes no sense either way.  

30 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Dont forget he was signed by the Lions originally and then they apparently screwed him over in some way when he got injured in camp. I remember the game last year in BC where he lit them up and was really emotional during the post-game interview where he mentioned in not so many words that he was still pissed at the Lions for what happened when he got injured in 2018 and was happy to stick it to them on the field. So there might still be hope for him staying if he still has some animosity.

That would have been under Ed Hervey and his big bag of tricks, is there anyone on the Lion staff left from his regime?  I believe that was the last year Wally coached.

So basically we have our starting QB, 2 Canadian receivers' and backup in O'leary Orange, 4 of 5 starters on the O-line, but the fill in will be Grey who has started, and a Backup who was on roster for Last part of season and playoffs...good start on offence for sure. Absolute worse case scenario will have one of the Canadian tailbacks back, and Borsa backing him up...we will be okay there with whatever American receivers we land, and truly think 2 of the 3 will be back in some combination.

Defensive line is missing Stove and Kongbo at moment, as certain Thiadric will be back....If BA is shelved for a while it's a bonus...hide his salary and re-up Stove, and maybe if we dont over spend on WR's give Boateng a look in lieu of Kongbo....he'd be a sweet rotation with the Jeff's....If we can get Rose, Darby and Jones back we be looking really good....2 of the 3...still damn good...gonna be an interesting free agency for sure, but getting themeat and potatoes of our lines back was huge.....especially if we get a Stove to cook them on

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

So basically we have our starting QB, 2 Canadian receivers' and backup in O'leary Orange, 4 of 5 starters on the O-line, but the fill in will be Grey who has started, and a Backup who was on roster for Last part of season and playoffs...good start on offence for sure. Absolute worse case scenario will have one of the Canadian tailbacks back, and Borsa backing him up...we will be okay there with whatever American receivers we land, and truly think 2 of the 3 will be back in some combination.

Defensive line is missing Stove and Kongbo at moment, as certain Thiadric will be back....If BA is shelved for a while it's a bonus...hide his salary and re-up Stove, and maybe if we dont over spend on WR's give Boateng a look in lieu of Kongbo....he'd be a sweet rotation with the Jeff's....If we can get Rose, Darby and Jones back we be looking really good....2 of the 3...still damn good...gonna be an interesting free agency for sure, but getting themeat and potatoes of our lines back was huge.....especially if we get a Stove to cook them on

All I am reading here is that Walters has done an amazing job.    We are in really good shape even before free agency starts!   

47 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Dont forget he was signed by the Lions originally and then they apparently screwed him over in some way when he got injured in camp. I remember the game last year in BC where he lit them up and was really emotional during the post-game interview where he mentioned in not so many words that he was still pissed at the Lions for what happened when he got injured in 2018 and was happy to stick it to them on the field. So there might still be hope for him staying if he still has some animosity.

I think this would be sounds logic to deny the BC offer but it is a totally different oganization. New Owner, new front office, new coaching staff. There really isnt much connection or bad feelings towards this group. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Whats the deal with BA? What did I miss? Is he injured?

Edited by Piggy 1

Hypothetically if you were to sign Boateng you could sub Thomas out and Run 3 d ends in passing situations which would be pretty ideal. I dont see how you would be able to afford him though paying a guy 150,000+ to be a situational pass rusher doesnt seem like a good use of resources. 

On another note I dont know why Chris Jones hates canadians at certain positions. Boetang is a good DE regardless of passport and it should be looked at as a bonus that he is Canadian. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Farhan says he'll miss the first half of the season rehabbing his ACL after injuring it during the celebration immediately after the game-winning INT (post GC)....

Ouch! That sucks ,hows that gonna affect us resigning him? If at all..........

I guess like Booch said we can hide him on IR.........

Edited by Piggy 1

yeah....BA can get a nice deal....be plopped on the IR and not count against cap...be a good mentor as well as he rehabs....If and I think its likely we sign Darby...he slots right in there...Darby will be a huge re-up....so undervalued last year...just quietly went about his business and played lights out...and he is cut totally from the cloth this management looks for

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Farhan says he'll miss the first half of the season rehabbing his ACL after injuring it during the celebration immediately after the game-winning INT (post GC)....

Man,I said it somewhere here before but I tore my inner meniscus when they intercepted it as well. My feet were planted straight and I jumped and twisted to my right and felt the POP in my left knee. I'm out with a LBI,doctor says it'll be for the foreseeable few months but I should be back by training camp.

gotta love Woli....and I am sure the sentiment is the same with a lot of the guys...I didnt realize Couture been here 6 yrs now either...damn time flies, so his re-up increase wasnt that drastic...which helps

Took him three years to be the starter. Kind of same trajectory that Grey is on.

What would you guys rather have.  Kenny Lawler comes back and we go with another unknown backup QB.  Or Lawler leaves and we replace him from within and sign Streveler to be our backup qb and come in with special packages?

Masoli is gonna either sign with Edmonton or Ottawa.  My preference is that he signs with Ottawa removing a team that would potentially offer Streveler starting money. 

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

I think this would be sounds logic to deny the BC offer but it is a totally different oganization. New Owner, new front office, new coaching staff. There really isnt much connection or bad feelings towards this group. 

He still had plenty of animosity as of 4 months ago so who knows. Might come in to play when thinking about his future.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti