Unbiased Commentary

Medlockmoney

Hey Folks,

First time poster here, but been reading for a while.

Now for starters, I am a bomber fan, have been for 30+ years. I will watch every Bomber game and some of the other games,  One thing strikes me, and it dates back even further than "the catch".

Who remembers, was it Suitor shouting 'OH NO!" when Stegall hauls in the catch from Glenn?

Now I know I only want to hear positives about my "my team", but it consistently feels like the announcers are rooting against WPG the majority of the time. Its so bad, I find myself turning off the sound while watching. Anyone else feel the same, or am I making this up?

Take the Montreal game last week, Wpg gets a touchdown: "and that's a  touchdown for Winnipeg." said the announcer.

Montreal answers with a touchdown of their own " WOW, what a catch!... Blah blah blah.... Look at the placement of that throw!.... Blah blah blah... so and so walks on water.... and on and on....

They just don't seem to celebrate when Wpg is doing well.

Its like listening to Bob on CJOB, he loves the bombers and we know it you can hear that despite him trying to just "call the game" he gets excited when we do well...

Shouldn't a national broadcast be unbiased?

They're pretty good about being unbiased. It sounds like you just want to hear pro-Bombers talk, so anything less than that is biased toward the other team, in your eyes (ears?).... Just relax... Enjoy the game for what it is. 

Edited by Noeller

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They're pretty good about being unbiased. It sounds like you just want to hear pro-Bombers talk, so anything less than that is biased toward the other team, in your eyes (ears?).... Just relax... Enjoy the game for what it is. 

lol... Ok.

Because an announcer shouting "Oh No!"  means he's unbiased?

I'm not one to defend Glen Suitor after being subjected to his (understandable) Rider homerism for the last umpteen LDCs, but he didn't say "oh no" on the Stegall catch.

It had to be somebody else because Suitor was shouting "OH BABY!" as the catch was made.

Yeah I think it was Cuthbert who had the "Oh no" and I never interpreted it to be an "oh no the bombers are going to win" It always struck me as more of an expression of disbelief cause let's be honest no one expected that play to be made. 

I have vivid memories of exactly where I was and how I reacted to that catch. It really was a pretty spectacular thing to witness. 

I remember that catch like it was yesterday,  it was shortly after midnight (as the game was in edmonton) baby momma's passed out with her head in my lap, beer in one hand and BOOM i jumped off the couch cheering, knocking her to the ground and spilling my beer... She wasn't too pleased and I ended up sleeping on said couch that night... but totally worth it

6 hours ago, Y2C said:

I'm not one to defend Glen Suitor after being subjected to his (understandable) Rider homerism for the last umpteen LDCs, but he didn't say "oh no" on the Stegall catch.

It had to be somebody else because Suitor was shouting "OH BABY!" as the catch was made.

It was Chris Cuthbert.

On 02/09/2017 at 1:26 PM, Medlockmoney said:

Shouldn't a national broadcast be unbiased?

I totally agree with you and I don't know why the guys on this board refuse to admit the bias against Winnipeg. Personally, I like it this way. Feels so much better when we win and I can gloat.

devil.gif