Unbiased Commentary

Medlockmoney

Hughson isn't the worst guy going, but he still wears a Nucks jersey under his suit. 

I was always a big fan of Romaniuk but I haven't LOVED his work since returning from England. 

Randorf is actually better than I thought he'd be. 

Gord Miller, I actually prefer his CFL work to NHL. 

Cuthbert is the world leader both CFL and NHL and its really not even close... 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hughson isn't the worst guy going, but he still wears a Nucks jersey under his suit. 

I was always a big fan of Romaniuk but I haven't LOVED his work since returning from England. 

Randorf is actually better than I thought he'd be. 

Gord Miller, I actually prefer his CFL work to NHL. 

Cuthbert is the world leader both CFL and NHL and its really not even close... 

Other than us having differing opinions,  I guess the only thing that would settle these differing viewpoints is actual evidence.  Lots of complexity when it comes to that, because even  comparing each of their ratings and viewership can be skewed by a few things, e.g., the importance of the game being played, the time of day the game is being played, what teams are playing etc etc.  So I continue to disagree with you based only on my observations.

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree, Gord is surprisingly good on CFL broadcasts... what can he possible be doing during the summer that he can't do CFL?... Anything to get Rod Black off the air...

He would improve himself a lot more if he'd shut up once in a while and just focus on doing the PBP rather than trying to add colour commentary as well. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

He is hated by many message board users but not so sure that is true of the cfl fanbase in general.

What does that suggest of the cfl fanbase in general?

Rod Black ruins every game he commentates. I don't ask for much from a PBP guy but literally silence is better than him. He doesn't know the rules of football, obsesses over silly nicknames that he makes up, frequently gets players names wrong and obsesses over terms like pistol formation and hook and ladder play which I don't believe he actually knows the definition of. He is a complete and utter buffoon. 

On 9/2/2017 at 0:36 PM, Noeller said:

They're pretty good about being unbiased. It sounds like you just want to hear pro-Bombers talk, so anything less than that is biased toward the other team, in your eyes (ears?).... Just relax... Enjoy the game for what it is. 

that's how my Mom and Aunt feel when they listen to Rod Black, I try to explain they want to only hear positives  about the Bombers but generally I feel they are pretty fair. Part of their job is hyping up big plays and making people excited about spectacular catches as well as talking up stars to make people more familiar with the stars in the league.

I do feel like the Bombers are overshadowed quite often and think our guys don't get the same spotlight a lot of other teams get.