Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

Living in Calgary I spend a lot of time listening to The Fan 960.  I enjoy the Flames talk but generally ignore any talk about the Stamps.   But this week they were interviewing Justin Dunk (who I enjoy listening to his CFL analysis) and they asked him who  the 2nd best team is in the CFL after the Stamps who of course are #1.  The Fan guys were pimping the Riders as the #2 team but Dunk wasn't in agreement but at the same time didn't anoint the WBB's as the #2.   If you were driving beside me as I was listening to this crap you would have seen me going ballistic while driving.  I must have loo ked like an absolute maniac.   

I'll be sure to ask them on Monday who they think the #2 team is?  I think we could also make an argument that the Stamps are #2 and the Bombers are #1.  

30 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Living in Calgary I spend a lot of time listening to The Fan 960.  I enjoy the Flames talk but generally ignore any talk about the Stamps.   But this week they were interviewing Justin Dunk (who I enjoy listening to his CFL analysis) and they asked him who  the 2nd best team is in the CFL after the Stamps who of course are #1.  The Fan guys were pimping the Riders as the #2 team but Dunk wasn't in agreement but at the same time didn't anoint the WBB's as the #2.   If you were driving beside me as I was listening to this crap you would have seen me going ballistic while driving.  I must have loo ked like an absolute maniac.   

I'll be sure to ask them on Monday who they think the #2 team is?  I think we could also make an argument that the Stamps are #2 and the Bombers are #1.  

You're too biased - and I like it 

33 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

They haven't watched enough Redblack games.  They are always the 2nd best team.

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

Gotta ask where did you find the kool pic of Dieter Brock? I have a old Brock tee-shirt that is just about had the biscuit as I have had it forever. Would love to get a new one but not sure where to go.

I wish I could say it's a scan of an original CFL card, but sadly I stole it from Google (like everyone else does here) ;)

Edited by IC Khari

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

We have enough trolls of our own who show up after losses, we don't need theirs too... 

Did happen to notice that the majority of the folks posting over on Riderfans.com were very complimentary toward the Bomber win. Had a few that always blame the losses on everything but that appeared to be a minority. I was happy about the results but as is posted elsewhere the road to the Grey Cup will have to come through Calgary and given the Bomber defense and what Calgary brings to the table I think it will be a very tough road.

14 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Did happen to notice that the majority of the folks posting over on Riderfans.com were very complimentary toward the Bomber win. Had a few that always blame the losses on everything but that appeared to be a minority. I was happy about the results but as is posted elsewhere the road to the Grey Cup will have to come through Calgary and given the Bomber defense and what Calgary brings to the table I think it will be a very tough road.

I think this is thisnis most beatable Stamps team we've seen in years and I don't think our D is as far off as people want to think. We're only tweaks away... Not full body off restoration territory. 

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

You take away our two busts in coverage on carter and Roosevelt and the game is way more lopsided then it already was. It was nice to finally get that game where we just kept the throttle open.

That's been the achilles heel of the defense this season: costly big plays allowed, particularly through the air. Clean that up and the defense doesn't look half as bad, IMO

A rotating secondary hasn't helped, either due to injuries or rookie inexperience.

13 minutes ago, Nolby said:

You take away our two busts in coverage on carter and Roosevelt and the game is way more lopsided then it already was. It was nice to finally get that game where we just kept the throttle open.

Agree. And I think if Loffler was in that would have cleaned it up a bit.  Not all of it but he would have helped. I think if he was in abridge would have left on a stretcher diving into the end zone like that lol

55 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Agree. And I think if Loffler was in that would have cleaned it up a bit.  Not all of it but he would have helped. I think if he was in abridge would have left on a stretcher diving into the end zone like that lol

On the Roosevelt TD, right off the snap Jones trotted towards the right side of the line taking himself out of the play completely.  Not sure if that was his read or that was his assignment but it certainly didn't help abandoning the safety position on that play.