Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

You take away our two busts in coverage on carter and Roosevelt and the game is way more lopsided then it already was. It was nice to finally get that game where we just kept the throttle open.

People keep saying take away this play or take away that play. Or if it wasn't for a bust here or a bust there... The problem is the big plays & busts happen to this defense every game multiple times. That's the problem. It's not isolated. It's every game. Our defense isn't good enough. We'll need our offense to score a lot of points to win, especially in the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

On the Roosevelt TD, right off the snap Jones trotted towards the right side of the line taking himself out of the play completely.  Not sure if that was his read or that was his assignment but it certainly didn't help abandoning the safety position on that play.

That's the scheme.  There is no safety in most coverages, all the DB's have individual responsibilities and there is rarely support over top.  Partially I think that scheme is designed for Loffler who is basically a linebacker and not so good at covering ground deep, better coming towards the LOS.

They aren't running much traditional zone, cover 2 or 3 or quarters this season.  That means one guy making a mistake is a big team mistake.

36 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's the scheme.  There is no safety in most coverages, all the DB's have individual responsibilities and there is rarely support over top.  Partially I think that scheme is designed for Loffler who is basically a linebacker and not so good at covering ground deep, better coming towards the LOS.

They aren't running much traditional zone, cover 2 or 3 or quarters this season.  That means one guy making a mistake is a big team mistake.

My Secret Santa wish in the off season. A new DC please. 

38 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If Loffler is out for a stretch do you think they alter things since Derek Jones possibely has better coverage skills?

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Those big plays have been happening with Loffler in the line up too.

Sure, but then another starter's been out on the one side. The Bombers have yet to field its optimal secondary unit this season (Walker - Alexander - Loffler - Heath - Randle). Hopefully, that changes after the bye week and the secondary play improves as a result.

I mentioned right after the game on a different thread that it was a hard fought game. I know the score dosent show that for the Riders but they were playing hard.  I also mentioned that last week the green coaches had the guys prepaired better than the blue coaches and this week the blue coaches had the guys way better prepaired than the green coaches did

What many fans don't understand is how difficult it is for any team to play in a loud and hostile stadium. Last week it was loud and hostile. This week it was loud and hostile way over the top. Both the voice of the Bombers and Doug Brown used misdirection to get Bomber fans more than just upset or angry. I'm sure I saw some frothing at the mouth? Take the anger of losing a football game and displace it somehow. This was the 1st time this new Riders team faced this type of adversity. Last year no one paid attention as they were not a threat. Different story this year.  It's been a long, long time since I saw Bomber fans jacked up like yesterday  I think it was 2007 when this kind of rivalry was as alive like it was yesterday. I almost wish the games were reversed and SK hosted the rematch. The intensity at the rematch after getting beat pretty darn good. Combined with Winnipeg media making something out of nothing and drawing the rath of the Bomber fan away from the team and sicking them on the Riders was masterful. That's how you displace the anger of losing. You use all the anger and hatred already built up and mix it with words like cheating, faking and despicable. Using Bomber fan gullibility and turn all of that pure evil back towards the green team that beat you. At the same time take it completely away from your team that was honestly beat in all facets of the game. BRILLIANT!!! It worked like a charm. Winnipeg media should be proud of themselves  

Winnipeg goes on a buy now and the Riders face Hamilton. Then there is still another 7 games to go after that. As long as all QBs stay healthy in the West, it should be a good finish. I respect Bomber football but as a Rider fan you still have to allow me to give you a good but non name calling jab now and then. I've had my fair share of jabs coming my way at IGF. In fact the last game I attended at IGF was last year. I had won an all expenses paid game for the Riders Labor Day rematch. My Hotel room was a great room downtown Winnipeg. Well let me tell you what an experience that was Downtown! WOW! I started to think someone was playing a practical joke on me. I'm going to skip the details of my down town experience as I wouldn't come out of that sounding like a very nice person and I am. So instead I will tell you about my experience at IGF 2016 in a well written somewhat dramatized on line short story.  After what seemed like an endless limo ride to the game (included in trip) I ended up sitting beside an older gentleman with some extremely silver hair. He was wearing a Bombers hat but his silver hair was sticking out all around. I also noticed he had on a big clunky ring. Upon further review, I could see it was an Actual Grey Cup ring. So I asked him if he ever coached or played in the NFL or CFL? He nodded yes and in a shaky voice he said; I did a bit of both, but I played much more. So I asked him about the Grey Cup ring he was wearing. He perked up a bit and in a somewhat deeper proud but still shaky voice he said;  I was a 4th year CFL starter the year we won the Grey Cup! So because of his advanced age I had no idea of who he was with or how many decades ago it was when he won that Grey Cup ring. So I asked him how many years ago it was and how many Grey Cups has his team won since he last played? His Voice stopped shaking momentarily and he said .. "BOY"  I GOT THIS RING AND AN ALL STAR NOMINATION ON THE LAST BLUE BOMBER TEAM TO WIN THE GREY CUP!!!! 

come on guys, good clean fun. No name calling.  Like Coach OShea said. Clean

Edited by 3RD AND 1
Grammar

23 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I mentioned right after the game on a different thread that it was a hard fought game. I know the score dosent show that for the Riders but they were playing hard.  I also mentioned that last week the green coaches had the guys prepaired better than the blue coaches and this week the blue coaches had the guys way better prepaired than the green coaches did

What many fans don't understand is how difficult it is for any team to play in a loud and hostile stadium. Last week it was loud and hostile. This week it was loud and hostile way over the top. Both the voice of the Bombers and Doug Brown used misdirection to get Bomber fans more than just upset or angry. I'm sure I saw some frothing at the mouth? Take the anger of losing a football game and displace it somehow. This was the 1st time this new Riders team faced this type of adversity. Last year no one paid attention as they were not a threat. Different story this year.  It's been a long, long time since I saw Bomber fans jacked up like yesterday  I think it was 2007 when this kind of rivalry was as alive like it was yesterday. I almost wish the games were reversed and SK hosted the rematch. The intensity at the rematch after getting beat pretty darn good. Combined with Winnipeg media making something out of nothing and drawing the rath of the Bomber fan away from the team and sicking them on the Riders was masterful. That's how you displace the anger of losing. You use all the anger and hatred already built up and mix it with words like cheating, faking and despicable. Using Bomber fan gullibility and turn all of that pure evil back towards the green team that beat you. At the same time take it completely away from your team that was honestly beat in all facets of the game. BRILLIANT!!! It worked like a charm. Winnipeg media should be proud of themselves  

Winnipeg goes on a buy now and the Riders face Hamilton. Then there is still another 7 games to go after that. As long as all QBs stay healthy in the West, it should be a good finish. I respect Bomber football but as a Rider fan you still have to allow me to give you a good but non name calling jab now and then. I've had my fair share of jabs coming my way at IGF. In fact the last game I attended at IGF was last year. I had won an all expenses paid game for the Riders Labor Day rematch. My Hotel room was a great room downtown Winnipeg. Well let me tell you what an experience that was Downtown! WOW! I started to think someone was playing a practical joke on me. I'm going to skip the details of my down town experience as I wouldn't come out of that sounding like a very nice person and I am. So instead I will tell you about my experience at IGF 2016 in a well written somewhat dramatized on line short story.  After what seemed like an endless limo ride to the game (included in trip) I ended up sitting beside an older gentleman with some extremely silver hair. He was wearing a Bombers hat but his silver hair was sticking out all around. I also noticed he had on a big clunky ring. Upon further review, I could see it was an Actual Grey Cup ring. So I asked him if he ever coached or played in the NFL or CFL? He nodded yes and in a shaky voice he said; I did a bit of both, but I played much more. So I asked him about the Grey Cup ring he was wearing. He perked up a bit and in a somewhat deeper proud but still shaky voice he said;  I was a 4th year CFL starter the year we won the Grey Cup! So because of his advanced age I had no idea of who he was with or how many decades ago it was when he won that Grey Cup ring. So I asked him how many years ago it was and how many Grey Cups has his team won since he last played? His Voice stopped shaking momentarily and he said .. "BOY"  I GOT THIS RING AND AN ALL STAR NOMINATION ON THE LAST BLUE BOMBER TEAM TO WIN THE GREY CUP!!!! 

come on guys, good clean fun. No name calling.  Like Coach OShea said. Clean

So much effort for such little pay off. Enjoy the basement :)

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Is this Migs again ?

Go back to the basement, you Rider!

I'm not Migs. But if Migs is a good person than we may have something in common. I'm just a football fan who loves any kind of football. I enjoy good, clean, football discussions. I enjoy Witty cometary and those who are loyal to their favourite teams. Winning or losing. In the last few years Bomber fans and Rider fans have had their fare share of not so great seasons.  

I respect the Bomber Orginization and 99% of the Bomber fans. I believe that Manitoba and Saskatchewan are the heart of the CFL

i don't believe in any kind of harm should happen to anyone for simply cheering for a team.  be it on line or physical.  Some forget it's a game, not a turf war. I believe we should wear our team colours proudly. Not like they are gang colours.

as long as everyone respects each other it can be a whole lot of fun

30 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Is this Migs again ?

Maybe it is Nasty Nate under a new "noms de plume" He has wore out every other name.  I don't even know if Migs posts over on the rider site anymore.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

Maybe it is Nasty Nate under a new "noms de plume" He has wore out every other name.  I don't even know if Migs posts over on the rider site anymore.

Nate would be throwing out nicknames as a leopard may change his name but he can't change his spots. Plus he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer so he'd give himself away fast. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

So much effort for such little pay off. Enjoy the basement :)

Come on... that took about 5 minutes to write. That's not much effort. 

I did introduce myself a while back in the "Introduce Yourself" section. 

Ive been posting with my screen name since 2006. I use to be all over the TSN articles until the stopped allowing comments. 

I often go after the so called unknowldgable Rider fans on RodPedersen.com site that only come out after a loss. Calling for every coach to be fired and QBs to be benched or players to be released. Sometime the loudest fans are the ones that post stupidity. 

I repeat myself here. I respect the knowledgable Bomber fan and especially the ones that can hold a conversation without name calling. 

It's a game and it's all in good fun. 

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If that's your only metric, then I think you have more in common with Kim Jong-Un.

Booo. 

Ive been the blunt of Bomber drunkeness at IGF but I realize they only represent a small portion. Hoping to find better conversation here. We can have fun and keep it civil. 

2 different games these past 2 weeks. I think the Riders are doing ok only 1.5 years into a total rebuild. 

Bombers are doing real well this season. They are in the 4th year of the Oshea experiment. 

I have a good feeling for an excellent ending to the West Division this year.  Riders still have a game in hand  so if they beat Hamilton this coming weekend  then they jump ahead of BC

What ever team dosent make it into the playoffs will still be a far better team than the 1st place team in the East. 

2 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Booo. 

Ive been the blunt of Bomber drunkeness at IGF but I realize they only represent a small portion. Hoping to find better conversation here. We can have fun and keep it civil. 

I don't think you grasped my comment.  It wasn't a shot at you, it was a shot at Migs, in that if you are using niceness as a metric for what you have in common, and Kim Jong Un is nicer than Migs (due to Migs being an uber-Riderfan homer ******), then ergo, you and Kim Jong-Un have more in common than you and Migs do.  Get it?  And where did you get that picture of Noeller for your avatar?  Did you hack his phone or something?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Is this Migs again ?

I forgot to ask you. Who or what is a Migs?

The only Migs I know of would be a squadron of Russian Mig fighter Aircraft. Made by the Mig Company. 

OR .............

Was Migs a football fan of another team that would zoom in here faster than the speed of sound. Take several shots, drop a few bombs or maybe quickly carpet bomb the site, then zoom out of here even quicker than he flew in? ha ha ha

20 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I forgot to ask you. Who or what is a Migs?

The only Migs I know of would be a squadron of Russian Mig fighter Aircraft. Made by the Mig Company. 

OR .............

Was Migs a football fan of another team that would zoom in here faster than the speed of sound. Take several shots, drop a few bombs or maybe quickly carpet bomb the site, then zoom out of here even quicker than he flew in? ha ha ha

This is where I'm calling BS. If you've been posting places since 2006 there is not a snowballs chance in hell you have no clue who migs is. It would be virtually impossible to miss their all day every day posts on several well known and popular forums.

That would be akin to a bomber fan saying they post online for over a decade and not know who nasty nate/Lyle E Style is,  hell you don't even have to be a bomber fan,  he's also been banned on RF and cfl horsemen site... only a matter of time before cfl.ca is next, though i don't think that place is really all that moderated

• 4 weeks later...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I’m not a troll. I don’t say deragarory things about people or teams. I’m an avid fan of CFL football. I am a Rider fan but I’m not a fricken troll  

I have an open mind. Remember that an open mind is the essence of Intellect  

I admire well coached and teams that play well

when someone asks a question. Don’t try and make them sound dumb. I have no idea who or what Migs is. I post on here now and then. As well as 3 Down Nation and Rod Pedersen. 

Come on Bomber fans. It’s good to have sound, logical opposing comments now and then. It’s not good for anyone to be disrespectful to anyone or any team or player. 

3 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I’m not a troll. I don’t say deragarory things about people or teams. I’m an avid fan of CFL football. I am a Rider fan but I’m not a fricken troll  

I have an open mind. Remember that an open mind is the essence of Intellect  

I admire well coached and teams that play well

when someone asks a question. Don’t try and make them sound dumb. I have no idea who or what Migs is. I post on here now and then. As well as 3 Down Nation and Rod Pedersen. 

Come on Bomber fans. It’s good to have sound, logical opposing comments now and then. It’s not good for anyone to be disrespectful to anyone or any team or player. 

ya that must be why you went back almost a month to necro post....:rolleyes: