Bombers @ Als: The Game Day Thread

Noeller

8 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Could not stand the TSN coverage tonight. Seemed like they just came up short of having an iso camera on Nik Lewis all night. Wish I woulda been setup to listen to CJOB instead of TSN. All bloody night Nik Lewis

They were embarrassing. Did they even talk about the game? All I heard about was Nik Lewis' receptions, Andrew Harris' chance to get 1K-1K, and the Montreal/Winnipeg game several weeks ago. 

The Bombers got three hands to the face penalties and they didn't show a replay on any of them. They didn't have a good camera angle for the may-have-been-a-fumble TD. 

I expect very little of TSN these days, and yet somehow remain disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Good teams win games they should not. 

Exactly, How many close games has Calgary won against us/the rest of the league over the  years? Montreal has a lot of vets they didn't play well last week and came out and brought their A game at home. The good teams win the close games. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Exactly, How many close games has Calgary won against us/the rest of the league over the  years? Montreal has a lot of vets they didn't play well last week and came out and brought their A game at home. The good teams win the close games. 

You can't sugar coat this as our defense is terrible. Our linebackers other than Leggett are terrible. All I ever see is the back of Hurl's jersey on every play. he is being outplayed out there every game. Our D is going to cost us a championship. 

Edmonton in their 7 and 0 start won by an average of 5 points. I think its time people realize all teams are pretty equal... Even the Eastern ones except Hamilton. Our D forced 4 turnovers.. Yeah they gave up some big plays but they stepped up this game..Als were 3 and 1 at home now 3 and 2.. Their D is very good and kept them in it. Our O play calling was pretty brutal tonight tho... Nichols barely over 200 yards passing. Yet they never trailed in the game. Bombers were the better team tonight.. They deserved the win and got it. 

Edited by Goalie