Bombers @ Als: The Game Day Thread

Noeller

couple things --

1- Really digging Lapo's cute sweep fakes, where they bring a receiver across the formation and fake a shovel pass to him.  They've run it three or four times the past couple games and it's stalled the DL every time.

2- Weird stat about Denmark the Invisible Receiver: he's on pace to make 62 catches this year, comparable to his career year of 2014, when he had 65.

The thing is, his catch average length was 16 yards in 2014, but is only 10 yards this year.  That's life in Lapoland, I guess.

Edited by johnzo

On 8/25/2017 at 6:37 PM, Arnold_Palmer said:

He's a MLB. I'm not making excuses for his play but if you expect INT's and sacks then you're going to be disappointed...

especially in a Richie Hall Defense where he isn't playing the traditional MLB role.  I can't believe this has to be said.. .again.   Oshea has made mention of this.. as has Doug Brown. 

He is doing EXACTLY what O'shea expects out of him (minus the missed sack obviously)  by engaging the o-line, creating a lane for the WIL or DB's to make a play on a scrambling QB or RB..  He ISN'T expected to get tons of sacks, tackles or ints.  hes doing what is asked of him and doing it to a tee.  get over this ridiculous notion that he needs to be matched up to the other MLBs in the league as he doesn't play the same role as they do.

smfh.