Bombers @ Als: The Game Day Thread

Noeller

Checking back in after a long hiatus

Well, it's hard to argue that this team keeps finding ways to win even if they are a bit more closer than they should be.

I think I'd have to echo the concern about the defense.  They were a liability at some points in the game, but they did come through FINALLY in OT when they needed to make a play.  At some point I think it's going to be incumbent on them to step up if the offense sputters and do what championship caliber defenses do in regulation and not have to hope that the other team makes self-inflicted errors to bail em out.

Still though, good teams always find ways to win and thus far we've done that.  7-2 is the best we've done in a while.

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

Could not stand the TSN coverage tonight. Seemed like they just came up short of having an iso camera on Nik Lewis all night. Wish I woulda been setup to listen to CJOB instead of TSN. All bloody night Nik Lewis

Thats what I do  .... crank up the speakers on the computer and sync cjob.com with my TV picture .... works perfectly and Bob is so much bet than Black  ... true happiness

2 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

How can TSN not have cameras on both sides of the end zone?  The angles for the possible fumble on Montreal's overtime TD was horrible.  I think it may have been a fumble.

Absolutely agree... in the shot from inside the endzone, it looked like the hit popped the ball loose, and from the other angle he was hit back around the 2 or 3 yard line, so based on that, I believe the ball was loose before he crossed as well.

6 hours ago, Sard said:

Absolutely agree... in the shot from inside the endzone, it looked like the hit popped the ball loose, and from the other angle he was hit back around the 2 or 3 yard line, so based on that, I believe the ball was loose before he crossed as well.

If the ball was knocked loose by the hit from Leggett's hand, the fumble location is obviously the spot of leggett's hand.

1 hour ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

What I don't understand about people tackling Nik Lewis.  Why do they always go low?  Nik has made a career high hurdling over defenders so why go low.  Sure he's a tank but still.  Go for the mid body tackle and if he can hurdle over that, then the more power to him.

Because a tiny DB will get flattened if they go mid or high....

I just don't understand why someone like Hurl doesn't at least attempt to hit him in his huge gut to at least knock the wind out of the guy?

1 hour ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

What I don't understand about people tackling Nik Lewis.  Why do they always go low?  Nik has made a career high hurdling over defenders so why go low.  Sure he's a tank but still.  Go for the mid body tackle and if he can hurdle over that, then the more power to him.

Because when they go high it ends up looking like Hurl trying to take down Darian Durant

had a bit of a last minute emergency yesterday evening, so I didn't watch the game until about 11pm, on PVR, and of course I didn't set it for extra time, so it runs out just after we got the TD in 1OT. Cripes, that was closer than I'd have liked. I'm not sure I got the proper "vibe" of the game by watching it on PVR while FFWD through everything unnecessary, but man that was an ugly ******* game. Thought everyone took turns looking like ****...O, D, and ST. It's the first time I really didn't feel comfortable in what the outcome might be in a long time....last few games I was never in doubt. This one...I just didn't feel like we were going to hang on. Thank goodness for a monster game from Randle...

Another wild one right to the finish against those pesky Alouettes. Neither the offense nor the defense played consistently well last night and both phases made some mistakes, be it poor plays or costly penalties. But I suppose both did enough to help the team get the win.

Burn that game film and get ready for next week.

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

O was OK. D was bad. Couldn't make a play in the second half to save their lives until double OT.

Really worried this D is going to squander what has been another strong year for us otherwise. If the D was even average to me we are Grey Cup favorites.

23 regulation points is not bad. Giving up 10 in the last few minutes sucks, but hey it's the CFL that happens.

I thought the O was really missing Dressler.

If the D showed anything last night, it's that Poop Johnson needs to be in the line up. Why Hall couldn't understand that 4 man pressure wasn't getting it done I don't get??? Send a blitz and something good happened...basically every time. Thomas just isn't enough up the middle. And I like Thomas a lot...but Poop Johnson gets a few sacks last night.

I knew not having Poop Johnson in the lineup wouldn't be a good look for us.

Okpalaugo was more or less invisible last night. To me, if Jeffcoat is healthy next week, we're much better rotating Westerman/Jeffcoat/Corney and Thomas/Poop/Nevis than we are rotating four defensive ends and Thomas/Nevis/Ekakitie. Okpalaugo isn't a "bust" but he's certainly not a need for us right now. Too bad, because he's amazing depth. But I don't know that I'd be dressing him ...

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

We had pretty good pressure last night but many misses on Durant. I can't really complain. A few wild throws were the result of the pressures. Would Poop Johnson have made much difference last night? Not sure, but 'Poop' will always be #1 in my books...or maybe, #2...

Our DE had solid pressure. Durant either rolled or stepped up and had all day. There was nothing coming up the middle all game long.

Thought that Knox played better last night was involved in  more plays, Hurl probably had his worst as a Bomber shouldn't of been on the field for that 2 pt conversion in ot can barely tackle let alone cover a back, Heath and  Randle are allstars on 1 side the other side is a tire fire  with who ever they have tried, and Loefller may hit like a ton of bricks but he still gets lost out there, agree with everyone that says our d line lost a bit with out Poop out there, oline need to keep there hands of the face masks I think we had 3 calls against, Nichols almost gave the game away late but over all he was in command Harris running strong receivers played well and Medlock came in and won the game and everything turned out great again.