Bombers @ Als: The Game Day Thread

Noeller

Gotta have an official GDT.....

Two teams seemingly headed in opposite directions. Als already-shallow roster is banged up. Bombers relatively healthy (*knocks on wood*) and seem to be playing better each week. Good teams avoid traps and just keep on trucking, regardless of the opponent. Time to put the wood to these guys and keep rolling along....

#FortHew

Bombers..  -  Last week may have been our only home game this month, but we're carrying the energy & love from our home crowd with us. #Homemade #ForTheW

Here's how writers from 3downnation look at tonight's game:

Dunk: Winnipeg gets a sneaky tough road win. BOMBERS

Hodge: Winnipeg is rolling. BOMBERS

Edwards: More West on East crime. BOMBERS

Gasson: Montreal is searching for answers. BOMBERS

Busby: Als won’t have much of an answer for offensively-charged Bombers. BOMBERS

Smith: The Als are much better at home (3-1) than on the road (0-4), but Winnipeg is just much better than Montreal. BOMBERS

Filoso: Winnipeg might be the hottest team in the league. BOMBERS

Totals: BOMBERS 7 ALS 0

Edited by Mr Dee

Sounds reasonable to me......don't see a close game, though. Durant is getting more familiar with his receivers all the time, but that will not be enough tonight. Our secondary looks to be the most solid so far this year, particularly if Loffler is good to go. At the moment, Hurl and Knox are the weak spots, we gotta watch the run game.

If there is a statement game to be made this year...I believe this has to be it....We roll in...dominate with a convincing win...and Bombers definitely have to be in the consideration for top 1 or 2 teams in the league...a win show's we are at that level and finally have reached where we need to be save for play-off success, and I believe that will come as well. 

Lose....and it show's we are close, but still a work in progress as season continues

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Gotta have an official GDT.....

Two teams seemingly headed in opposite directions. Als already-shallow roster is banged up. Bombers relatively healthy (*knocks on wood*) and seem to be playing better each week. Good teams avoid traps and just keep on trucking, regardless of the opponent. Time to put the wood to these guys and keep rolling along....

#FortHew

Asking for permission to use #FortHew from now on

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Probably too much green eggs and ham. Hard on the stomach.

Did that for the kids when they were young and the Dr. Seuss (who feared kids, BTW) books were popular. The kids were icked at first sight but the vegetable dye didn't affect the taste, so they laughed at it and their own reactions.

Even though they have Giguère listed ahead of Lewis on the depth chart, you can bet that Lewis will get plenty of field time. CFL Game Notes provide this info...

Nic Lewis reached #2 all-time last week and now has 1,020 receptions for his career, 9 short of matching Geroy Simon (1,029) for the all-time CFL lead in regular season games.

21 different QBs who have connected with him over his 220 career games. Most notable is the importance of Nik's catches as 333 of them have gone for conversions on 2nd down plays.

More, from CFL Game Day:

Nichols has now gone 160 pass attempts without an INT and nearing his career-best of 167 in a row set in 2016 (Aug 12/16 - Sep 24/16). He is on pace for a club record 5,431 passing yards and to be the first Blue Bombers 5k passer since Kevin Glenn in 2007 (5,114).

The Bombers were 7-of-9 on 2nd down conversions last week in short yardage (1-3 yards) compared to Montreal who did not have a single 2nd down play less than 2nd-&-5 against Toronto (0-for-0). The Als went 5-for-17 overall for a 29% mark.

The Als allowed only 2 QB Sacks in their first 5 games, but have given up 10 in their last 3 contests. The Bombers have allowed 14 sacks over the last 5 games and at least two in each of them.

The Alouettes have started a CFL-low 6 drives in the opposition end of the field all year long. By contrast, Winnipeg has begun 16 drives in their opponent's end of the field. Montreal's average starting point of their own 33-yard line is the poorest in the CFL thus far.

The Bombers come in ranked #2 with 34.3 points per game and only 0.1 back of Calgary at 34.4. On offence alone, the Bombers are #1 in scoring at 31.8 points in part due to their incredible scoring rate. They have scored either a TD or field goal on 52 of their 113 drives for a 46% rate. They have only 30 Two-&-Outs all season.

The Bombers have not ranked as high as #2 in the CFL in scoring since 2002

Justin Medlock Pace: Made 4 more FGs last week and now has 28 for the season - on pace for even more than his record-setting 60 made last season. He is on track to make 63 FGs in 2017 and that would be 123 in two years. The CFL record for FGs made in back-to-back seasons is 113 by David Ridgeway in 1989-90. With 112 points atop the CFL, Justin is on pace (252 pts) to break the CFL scoring record of 242 points by Damon Duval set in 2009 and his own club record of 227.

The Bombers lead the CFL with 11 interceptions made by 8 different players and with at least one in 7 of their 8 games to date. Over the last 4 games, they are +5 on T/O Ratio (2 Turnovers made to 7 forced).

AND, worth mentioning,     Ten years ago today they changed the name - Arena Rd. to Milt Stegall Dr.  And then they move the Stadium. Figures.

I want to see the D have a real breakout game in terms of turnovers, and especially turnovers-for-a-score. I'd love to see Heath finally get the hands thing figured out (at this point, it's all in his head) and snag a couple. While I don't necessarily think we'll see a dropoff on O (The Montreal D just isn't ready to handle Nichols/Harris/Flanders) it would be a really nice bonus to see that ball hawking D return tonight...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

This is the question.....definitely Foketi and someone......but who is a very good question that we won't get an answer to until gametime!

OKP makes the most sense unless they surprise and go with Knox and use Santos Knox instead... Cant be Roc.. Hes the only backup.. Wont be flanders.. Him and Harris are just 2 valuable out there... 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

No. Guess not. I guess i should have said... With Calgary or BC possibly losing this week to Toronto or Ottawa. 

Possibly is very charitable I think.  Keeping up with the not Jones's is what you meant.