Lawless says there is trade market for Willy

Mike

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

. Just because my opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't mean you get to pull out the green glasses. 

Zack also needs to start being on the field for the whole year if he wants to be a franchise qb.  

As far as Durant goes, hey you guys can say whatever you want but he is still very elite, just set cfl record this year for completions without a INT at 323, broke old record by around 50 on a horrible team.

Your guy hasn't played a complete season since 2013. 

Using your logic, your guy isn't a franchise QB and hasn't been for a number of years. His best days are behind him. 

Actually bearpants can pull out the green glasses card, because your human, your the one now making an illogical comparison, and your green.

23 hours ago, Ripper said:

The Bombers would bring Durant in as a backup??  Ok, not much sense discussing this with you any further. The Bombers would be scary this year with doubles at the helm. Your ultimate undoing this year will be not having a qb. BC also sitting with a good team and no legit QB. Durant also would be awesome there. Anyway, I`ll respect your opinion even though I strongly disagree with it.

HE would be a backup up here for sure. Nichols is on a 4 game winning streak and has 1/2 season in the system. 

Durant might be able to take over if he was able to see game action and out play nichols. 

But seriously, what has DD done in the past three years to show he is a top 1-2 qb in the league? He is older, been hurt for the past two seasons and looks oridinary this year.

Have to agree with you Adrenaline X on Durant. While Durant, IMHO would be our starter here, he is no longer a top 3 qb in this league, neither is Ricky Ray for that matter. Time moves on. The top 4 qbs play for Calgary, Hamilton, Edmonton and Ottawa (Harris, not Hank). Durant might be 5 or 6 . Durant might have 2 or 3 good years ahead of him, but he has not looked good this year under an injury riddled offensive line 

9 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

HE would be a backup up here for sure. Nichols is on a 4 game winning streak and has 1/2 season in the system. 

Durant might be able to take over if he was able to see game action and out play nichols. 

But seriously, what has DD done in the past three years to show he is a top 1-2 qb in the league? He is older, been hurt for the past two seasons and looks oridinary this year.

I think if Durant was our QB we would be 6-3 or 7-2... If we somehow managed to pickup Durant (don't see that happening)... that should shorten Nichols' leash...

I've never been a fan of Durant, and don't think he's ever been a Top 3 guy in the league.... I think he's been an okay QB who managed games well, but had a great O-line and outstanding receiving corps.  You take away either one of those, and he's ordinary at best.  I think the only times Darian has ever looked lights out, has been against bad teams.   And no, I don't have examples... I have just never seen Durant as a franchise QB to build your team around... he's been good, but never great.  Much the way Khari was good, never great.... just had an awesome supporting cast.

based on Lapo's offense, Smith and Dressler here, and a quality OL, I think Durant would do really well right now and could walk in and take over immediately, plug n play. And I say that as a guy who has NEVER liked Durant at all....ever........but he'd be a step above Nichols for sure.

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

based on Lapo's offense, Smith and Dressler here, and a quality OL, I think Durant would do really well right now and could walk in and take over immediately, plug n play. And I say that as a guy who has NEVER liked Durant at all....ever........but he'd be a step above Nichols for sure.

You're also a guy who doesn't like Nichols and would rather see Willy back in.

4 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

I've never been a fan of Durant, and don't think he's ever been a Top 3 guy in the league.... I think he's been an okay QB who managed games well, but had a great O-line and outstanding receiving corps.  You take away either one of those, and he's ordinary at best.  I think the only times Darian has ever looked lights out, has been against bad teams.   And no, I don't have examples... I have just never seen Durant as a franchise QB to build your team around... he's been good, but never great.  Much the way Khari was good, never great.... just had an awesome supporting cast.

Durant, at his peak, could make plays that other QBs in the CFL simply couldn't. The guy had power escapability, I remember him keeping plays alive by shrugging off defensive ends. And Durant vs. Calvillo was a classic CFL QB duel, those guys always seemed to bring out the best in each other. You want an example, look at the 2010 Canada Day overtime game.  It's on Youtube. One of the best CFL games ever, and Durant was every bit as good as Calvillo in it.

Durant's a good QB. I don't think he was ever the absolute best QB in the league in his time, but he was always up there.  It's too bad he's fading away, a victim of injuries, bad coaching, and (lately) terrible management.

I have to defend Durant a little here too. The argument that he played well under a great o line doesn't cut it. What QB has played well under a bad  O - line? Some of you may remember a younger Tom Clements in Saskatchewan years ago. They had a bad O line and he looked bad too. Calvillo all thoses years in Montreal had probably the best line in the league. My point? An average qb and a great Qb BOTH need a good O- line to succeed - and Durant, at times, in my opinion, has been a great QB in this league 

Edited by blueingreenland

2 hours ago, LimJahey said:

Durant and Khari were without a doubt T3 QBs in their prime.

End.

In the case of Durant, who do you kick out of the top 3 to include him?

Ray, Calvillio, Burris....

Lulay and Glenn had solid seasons during those years as well.  Durant always seemed to rise no higher than 4th best in any given year.

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

In the case of Durant, who do you kick out of the top 3 to include him?

Ray, Calvillio, Burris....

Lulay and Glenn had solid seasons during those years as well.  Durant always seemed to rise no higher than 4th best in any given year.

There were definitely years where Durant was better than Ray and Burris, Calvillio is arguable the best QB of all time but i'd say in at least the year of the 13th man Durant was the second best QB that season.

47 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

There were definitely years where Durant was better than Ray and Burris, Calvillio is arguable the best QB of all time but i'd say in at least the year of the 13th man Durant was the second best QB that season.

Good assessment. Ray has had some average years and Burris has always been inconsistent 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I'd defend Darian as well. The guy could make huge plays with his legs, has a good arm, and decently was a top 3 qb 4-5 years ago. Like it was said, injuries and age are starting to take over Durant.

My memories of Durant is him shaking off would-be tacklers- even D-linemen, stepping up and either taking off or firing passes through keyholes. In his prime, he was definitely one of the top three QBs in the league.

3 hours ago, Nolby said:

I'd defend Darian as well. The guy could make huge plays with his legs, has a good arm, and decently was a top 3 qb 4-5 years ago. Like it was said, injuries and age are starting to take over Durant.

Exactly the guy is 33. When he was 27 he was one of the best qbs in the CFL. Like you say he had a strong arm & could run. He was one of the best in his prime. I agree with Noeller. Even at 33, if he played for the Bombers, we'd have a winning record & a playoff spot at the end of the season.

At this moment, looking at the different CFL teams I'd still take Durant over Kevin Glenn & Ricky Ray.

Edited by iso_55