Lawless says there is trade market for Willy

Mike

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We all know there's a market for Willy...just who, what, where or when and the big one how much????...Contract lock-in on the horizon...things must be heating up.

I honestly never thought there would've been a market for Willy and his contract. I would have to suspect it's pretty much limited to Toronto at this point.

This situation was discussed in the post game show and it's very interesting the way Bob Irving phrased things (after the 9:00 hour on the show)

?‍?The Drew Willy situation was discussed with a caller and Bob Irving stressed that the Bombers will not cut Drew Willy, and leave themselves relying on D. Davis. 
He revealed that he has knowledge that the Argos have approached the Bombers about acquiring Willy, and would pay him 400,000 "in a heartbeat", and he knows this to be a fact.
AND
In his opinion, they will not be renegotiating Willy's contract because based on what he knows, they don't operate that way. Doug disagreed with this last point. Bob suggested other players will be released if needed instead.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

This situation was discussed in the post game show and it's very interesting the way Bob Irving phrased things (after the 9:00 hour on the show)

?‍?The Drew Willy situation was discussed with a caller and Bob Irving stressed that the Bombers will not cut Drew Willy, and leave themselves relying on D. Davis. 
He revealed that he has knowledge that the Argos have approached the Bombers about acquiring Willy, and would pay him 400,000 "in a heartbeat", and he knows this to be a fact.
AND
In his opinion, they will not be renegotiating Willy's contract because based on what he knows, they don't operate that way. Doug disagreed with this last point. Bob suggested other players will be released if needed instead.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

It makes perfect sense. Toronto would be a good fit for Drew.

13 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I can't see anyone trading for Willy.

Lawless JUST SAID there is at least one option ready and willing.....in theory........

It's curious to me, for sure. So if you trade him to Toronto....who do you get in return? Because you NEED a vet QB....I sure as **** don't trust Nichols to get the job done the rest of the season.....

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lawless JUST SAID there is at least one option ready and willing.....in theory........

It's curious to me, for sure. So if you trade him to Toronto....who do you get in return? Because you NEED a vet QB....I sure as **** don't trust Nichols to get the job done the rest of the season.....

What has he done to not earn your trust? i don't trust that he will necessarily stay healthy all season but i have no doubt about his ability to lead this team to wins.

Edited by LimJahey

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yes i'm aware of the "apparent" interest. I just don't see a team taking on 400 k, nor do I see the Bombers letting go of the only other veteran QB on the roster when we're in a push for a playoff position. 

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's the issue.

100% ....guy has been a band aid for awhile. Bombers need a vet back up QB who can work within this system. Whether that's Willy or someone else. As someone else posted, Irving noted that Barker has said he'd absolutely pay Willy 400k+ "in a heartbeat". Not surprising. Ricky Ray's time in Toronto is likely done...retirement could be not far off with all his injury woes...

I am terrified of what Willy would look like in a Scott Milanovich system....he'll be crazy good.

Edited by Noeller

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yes i'm aware of the "apparent" interest. I just don't see a team taking on 400 k, nor do I see the Bombers letting go of the only other veteran QB on the roster when we're in a push for a playoff position

... and yet that money issue may become a problem with our playoff push. I could see a move, I'm hoping it's for some very good pieces if so. I am old enough (even though I was a kid) to remember the Bombers trading Don Jonas to Hamilton for Chuck Ealey, That didn't end well for both teams like they thought it would IIRC. We can't give Willy away, not matter how much he's making.

please explain why willy would do any better anywhere else.

If as some people think, his problem is making fast enough reads...  how does changing teams fix that?

I'm just a casual fan, but it looks to me as though Nichols makes decisions about what to do with the ball faster than Drew.

Edited by Mark F
edit

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

please explain why willy would do any better anywhere else.

If as some people think, his problem is making fast enough reads...  how does changing teams fix that?

I'm just a casual fan, but it looks to me as though Nichols makes decisions about what to do with the ball faster than Drew.

Have a peek at Scott Milanovich's QB history. If SM wants a guy as his QB, that's saying something........

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Have a peek at Scott Milanovich's QB history. If SM wants a guy as his QB, that's saying something........

Sure, he may be able to do something with Willy, but remember, Willy is not a young QB anymore. He's got a very high salary and his play has not been up to the standard of his pay scale or his experience/maturity in the league. Would he be willing to work with a guy that age or start brand new with an up and comer?